The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Cannot Get into Serpentshrine Caverns

Ok, so I'm down to two achievements for Salty, just the Lurker Above and the the Tourney. So anyhow, last night I tried to get into Serpentshrine Caverns to fish up the Lurker, and it was as though I hit an invisible wall at the waterfall.

To answer the standard fare:
    YES I was in a Raid - myself and another lvl 80
    NO I never did the attunement quests, but I read that you are no longer required to be attuned.
    NO I have never been into SSC before, so there is I guess a possibility I am trying to enter in the wrong place. I am trying to get past the waterfall in Coilfang Reservoir that is straight ahead when you swim in. All the guides online indicate this as the entrance.

So, any thoughts would be great, and my appologies if this is a total n00b mistake and an easy fix. THANKS.

There is a console you need to use to "open" waterfall - it's near the entrance.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you open it? I see the consoles, but there's nothing to click.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    There is a console you need to use to "open" waterfall - it's near the entrance.
    Only works from the inside, to get out ofcourse.

It sounds like a bug to me, you should be able to enter even without beeing attuned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    Lies hes having you on my friend there is no console its just like any other instance portal, i imagine its crapped out and blizz will have to fix it .

The only console i know of to do with SSC is the one to open the bridge to Vashj. You should be able to just run in. I have been able to myself frequently. There is no attunement any more you are correct. I suggest you open a ticket. GL!
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, the waterfall comes up automatically if you have done the attunement quest, otherwise someone who has done the quest needs to go through with you or click the console to let you in. You may be able to die and then res behind the waterfall also, though I can't remember for sure.

There's a waterfall, walk up to it and the water will stop flowing.

If that doesn't work and the water is solid (this happened to me once), turn around and walk away. Then walk back towards the waterfall.

You don't need to be attuned.

Deleted
    I remember the waterfall stopping and the waters being removed when someone from my raid went near the entrance.
    And yes this was after the removal of the attunement. (same thing happened with it though)
    Sounds like a bug. better make a ticket about it.

Edit: and yes the entrance is behind the waterfall you see in front of you when you enter coilfang after swiming.
    Last edited by mmoce207d8b39a; 2010-11-29 at 12:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How bout thinkin the one you are in a raid in with is not locked otherwise you cannot get in =D.