10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion

This is not Starcraft!

Found an interesting/funny article whilst browsing through Kotaku today-

Your probably all familiar with North Korea Shelling a small South Korean island last week, well yesterday the South Korean defense minister Kim Tae-young was questioned by one politician why the South's retaliation was delayed 13 minutes and not forceful enough, to which Kim replied, "This isn't StarCraft."
    Starcraft is so big in South Korea, that it even makes it into there politics

Original Story- http://kotaku.com/5700983/south-kore...isnt-starcraft
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

Dont know if im suposed to be laughing but.. hahah

Anyone else say screw this article and switch to the hot chick in the samus suit?

Deleted
    North Korea doesn't stand a chance if they start a war with South. Southkoreans would just promote top players into generals, pain troops so that they look like Starcraft troops (so generals recognize them easier) and North Korea will face the wrath of best asian strategists and tacticians =)))

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    North Korea doesn't stand a chance if they start a war with South. Southkoreans would just promote top players into generals, pain troops so that they look like Starcraft troops (so generals recognize them easier) and North Korea will face the wrath of best asian strategists and tacticians =)))
    We're all doing to be sitting around one day and just hear "Nuclear Launch Detected" and look wildly around for the red dot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Average 10-year-old chessplayer is probably a better tactician than a starcraft player.

Deleted
    Sometimes I wish that our politicians were this in touch with the culture of the masses :<

Average 10-year-old chessplayer is probably a better tactician than a starcraft player.
    And you base this utterly stupid comment off exactly what?
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Starcraft is a professional sports branch in Korea. And tactics there can get quite complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Im sorry i resent that comment. You obviously havent played Starcraft 2. or probably come across a korean RTS players, i have and playing them is quite scary and an experience that shouldnt be forgotten.
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they take it serius over there... soo it was just a matter of time. Like that in 5-15 years, there will be like many millions people around the world who has played or play wow, and then it is again just a question about time before we will begin to see more and more to refferens from the game in our everyday life.
    Just think is, how many do play and has played. Now take them and they will eventual form family, get jobs at every level of socirity etc. People who knows/play(ed) this game are in a few years to be everywhere.
    I recall a survey some university did a couple of years ago, which said if you tooked 30 random people from the western world, 10 of them will know about the game and 1 plays it and further 2 has played it at some point.

Signature by Elysia
    "When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph."

You shouldn't equate to making command decisions to playing a strategy game. You are in charge of real people and aren't just a pawn in chest or a weak tier 1 unit that can be thrown away without great regret or thinking. Bonaparte said himself a man who doesn't have the life of his men at mind when making decisions shouldn't have the right to lead. I bet if you ask any war veteran about combat they'll tell you that you wouldn't understand till you have some fellow's guts splattered on your face. Now all seriousness aside I do find it funny and interesting that SC is such a cultural phenomena in South Korea that even in a serious high up government official would include it in a statement and he's right about it too.

Ultraness is a way of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coous View Post
    ... Now all seriousness aside I do find it funny and interesting that SC is such a cultural phenomena in South Korea that even in a serious high up government official would include it in a statement and he's right about it too.
    Well, when you actual thinks about it... it is real fitting for it :P In a bizare way ...
    Things takes time to get done. Get the right information to the right people and have it confirmed, specifired etc. I have tried to sit for 3 weeks in a major Nato drill in Finland a few years back, while I was in the army, as a radiocomminicator for my unit, and those few times where something sudden and "what the hell" heppened, it actual tooked quite some time to everyone to know what happen where and what etc. You will be suprised how fast 5-10 minutes can go away before visibel action are beginning to be made and orders are starting to get out and the right people have the right and confirmed information. So yes, It aren't like Starcraft, things take time... but still... a man like him should had choosen his words a little more careful.

Signature by Elysia
    "When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph."