So just a small rant / question [Hellfire]

I'm sure someone has said it before and go ahead and correct me if there's a blue post already but...

At some point will Hellfire no longer do damage to you? It's pretty annoying and I really hope in Cata they remove that component of the spell.

If it has already been confirmed by all means correct me but I really hate that it does damage to you.

I like Hellfire.

Can't get into a gate? Life Tap to almost dead. Hellfire to dead. Run spirit through gate. Respawn on other side. Silly Gate.

I want you to die so the world doesn't have to be filled with your retardation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thetermanter View Post
    I want you to die so the world doesn't have to be filled with your retardation
    And I want people to stop acting like idiots instead of contributing to the post.

On Topic.
    It's kinda how the warlock class is.
    Sometimes you need to sacrifice in order to benefit.
    Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant. -Edgar Allan Poe

All in all it doesnt do much damage. I can see doing damage to yourself with it being more of an advantage than a downside.
    Say these pesky mages with their polymorphs. If timed right it works as SW for priests.
    The doors for example are also a good use. All that and more for just a renew/rej from your healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

The damage to yourself part is good I will admit for all the little tricks, pvp, maybe soloing, and saving a repair bill.

My topic was mainly oriented towards PvE ONLY and in a realistic raid setting it is true healers can just compensate but I for one hate taking extra damage and try to do my best to take less damage while maximizing my dps.

I just find it a bit annoying since demo is my favorite spec, it will be viable in Cata no question, and during progression fights taking extra damage is just not a good thing.

If it doesn't get changed I won't lose any sleep, I more or less wanted to know what other people thought.

ive been running heroics useing only hellfire (except of bosses) healers in general havnt had an issue, even when ive had ones in blues. one hot can counteract the dmg easily, so the dmg component isnt that big of an issue. it is an issue in PvP, you can just run around spaming it, eventually you run out of hp and get one shotted

Deleted
    I have barely logged on my warlock during the last month or so, so I'm not sure what the damage is like, but an AoE spell with such a downside really should be doing much more damage compared to other AoE spells. Granted in current raids/dungeons it's not really an issue, but didn't Blizzard say they want players to care about their health and healers' mana (making DPS use bandages and all that)?

Apart from that, I don't even know how many times it saved me repair costs back in the BWL days. Now with me running only 10-man raids there's no more time to kill myself when shit hits the fan.

Deleted
    The damage it does to you is fairly irrelevant, I look at it like this: you wouldn't use hellfire for single target damage, because the damage it does to one target is pretty
    pathetic, as for pvp, I agree it's fairly useless, but then aside from breaking rogues out of stealth aoe never was much use in pvp.

One of the larger issues with Hellfire is that now you have a cloth dps that needs to be in melee range to AOE. We aren't like a warrior using cleave/whirlwind, we aren't wearing plate. Now we have to worry about getting insta-gibbed just trying to do some damage in an AE pack. Stupid stupid stupid.