Deleted

Mana & Healing issues 4.03a

I know 4.01 was a gift for Shamans, never ever run out off mana and you could spam your Heals toping every chart. But as now I just went down complete mana- and healingwise. I am aware of that the mana costs went up again (I am fine with this) cant find a post for this, but it is ok.

But I feel they have also altered the healing coeficients, is this just my feeling or has anybody else experienced this?

edit:
    Sorry after about 10 replies Ihave not a single answer or at least reply to my concern, therefore I marked the important part, maybee this will help
    Last edited by mmoc8b704fdc42; 2010-12-01 at 12:49 PM. Reason: marking important part

Are you using Telluric Currents? Cause that is an awsome way to keep your mana up. Mine currently gives 5% mana per LB back (not sure what happens at 85), but that should be np to keep your mana in check for now
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how you're having mana issues. With Glyph of Water Shield, you get a total of 150 mp5 just from that, in addition to the 92 mp5 from either Blessing of might or mana spring totem. My Shaman is pretty poorly geared and never goes oom; maybe its because I stack spirit to highest priority?

I healed a heroic POS rep farm outside the tunnel for about 45min without going OOM. You just need to make sure water shield is always up, use your mana tide on CD and choose the right spell. If you are spamming healing surge u will go oom. You now need to choose the right spell for the occasion, not just spam 1 or 2 spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never got oom except LK normal (not anymore now) or hc LK , id say use healing wave instead of greater of the small one for the rest, Water shield, talents, mana tide when you have 70-80% mana & not on o hey I got 1% lets use mana tide, no, use at 70-80% alr & when your 1% mana left the 3 min cd is gone, I hope

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosreign View Post
    I don't see how you're having mana issues. With Glyph of Water Shield, you get a total of 150 mp5 just from that, in addition to the 92 mp5 from either Blessing of might or mana spring totem. My Shaman is pretty poorly geared and never goes oom; maybe its because I stack spirit to highest priority?
    My Shaman isnt Spirit gemmed it has even spirit reforged to haste "full throughput stats only" and as I stated in my own post I dont have a problem with the risen mana costs. I didnt say I ran oom. I just said with 4.01 you never run oom!

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I healed a heroic POS rep farm outside the tunnel for about 45min without going OOM. You just need to make sure water shield is always up, use your mana tide on CD and choose the right spell. If you are spamming healing surge u will go oom. You now need to choose the right spell for the occasion, not just spam 1 or 2 spells.
    Spamming Healing Surge is no option and I dont do it. I use nearly all my healing spells on the situational use and I wasnt concerned about the "mana problem" I said "I am fine with this!"

My biggeset concern was the change of the healing coefficents or better were the healing coefficents changed.

/rant on
    Yes I know it was my own fault that I didnt just wrote healing coefficents changed? in bold letters. Maybee then the answers were about my question and not about a few picked up words in my post. I feel really sorry that I misjudged the reading capabilities of the community ...
    /rant off

Quote Originally Posted by Greandal View Post
    Are you using Telluric Currents? Cause that is an awsome way to keep your mana up. Mine currently gives 5% mana per LB back (not sure what happens at 85), but that should be np to keep your mana in check for now
    u do realize thats a PvP talent, as its affected by HIT, and im pretty sure no Resto can reach 17% hit cap, without Elemental Precision, u will miss alot, meaning you will be wasting mana

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    u do realize thats a PvP talent, as its affected by HIT, and im pretty sure no Resto can reach 17% hit cap, without Elemental Precision, u will miss alot, meaning you will be wasting mana
    uuggh misread/
    Last edited by sapiorion; 2010-11-30 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spazzing

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    its not a 100% pvp talent imo, when u get oom in a raid boss lv85, you can cast a 1500mana LB to gain 3000mana, 17% miss chance, but i think its worth taking the risk.

Blizzard stated using LB is not meant to be a viable way of gaining Mana in Cataclysm PvE.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

TC is a great way to gain mana. 2 of 3 LBs i throw at the boss usually land. The only problem is, i hardly need to use it, as i dont ever get close to OOM on a boss fight.

Blizz deff wants TC to be a viable mana regen tool, just not the optimal one. Watershield, Manatide, Mana Spring, and Drinking out of combat will vastley outpreform TC, as they dont require a healing stoppage and are always up.

Consider yourself lucky your a resto sham, then a resto drood in this day and age.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danritro View Post
    its not a 100% pvp talent imo, when u get oom in a raid boss lv85, you can cast a 1500mana LB to gain 3000mana, 17% miss chance, but i think its worth taking the risk.
    the 1% hit from draenei really makes a difference here too

Quote Originally Posted by Ushra View Post
    Blizzard stated using LB is not meant to be a viable way of gaining Mana in Cataclysm PvE.
    Actually, they want all healers to be able to deal damage in pve. You're not expected to hit all the time. You WILL gain mana, no matter what, over a given time frame, even with a 17% chance to miss. It is useful in Cata raids when you run out of mana, though only one time have I not wiped while simultaneously running out of mana at some point. Still, it's useful for mana regen, it saves raids.

Ghostcrawler's exact words were:
    We want Telluric Currents to be optional. It won't be an effective way to restore your mana, but it might make you feel less guilty about throwing out a Lightning Bolt in a world where mana is more precious.
    It's pretty straight forward really. If it seems to restore too much mana, it'll be nerfed. And it should be, because the whole idea of dealing damage to restore mana is incredibly stupid for numerous reasons.

Deleted
    Is this great how many dont read the posts and only reply to those commentars within the thread, not a single answer to my concern.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drood View Post
    Is this great how many dont read the posts and only reply to those commentars within the thread, not a single answer to my concern.
    It was a relavent discussion.
    Also the co-eficients, from what I can see have not changed.

Deleted
    Sure it is fine to start a discussion within a thread, but only hijacking a thread without giving any clue for the question is not really nice. Thank you for your answer at least I kow now I just suck atm