Chromium (67532) Windows 7 Blank MMO Champion Page

Hey guys ever since a few days ago Chromium on Windows 7 any build thats been released i have not been able to see anything on the front page or any links at all. A few days ago i kept seeing the Behind The Scenes Cataclysm youtube video but everything else was blank. Not sure if this is on your end where the webpage is not communicating with the browser correctly or its theirs but every other site works perfectly fine.

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried clearing your cache?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Have you tried clearing your cache?
    yes and still nothing just a blank page heres a screenshot for it

(just add that behind http i cant post any links or images.)

img404.imageshack

.us/img404/4683/mmochampion.png

It's a javascript/flash fuckup. Either install the notscript extension until its fixed in chromium or use the regular chrome dev channel.
    The page is not blank. It's just that the tab hangs in some sort of infinite loop.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike View Post
    It's a javascript/flash fuckup. Either install the notscript extension until its fixed in chromium or use the regular chrome dev channel.
    The page is not blank. It's just that the tab hangs in some sort of infinite loop.
    where can i grab the extension for chromium? havent been able to find any for it.

edit: nevermind i got it downloaded now (notscript) thanks for the advice the site works on chromium now.
    Last edited by KepiMalganis; 2010-11-29 at 06:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks; glad it's working now

this is built into chrome now...

options->under the hood->content settings...
    i set mine to block all script and plug-ins
    it shows an icon on bar if you want to unblock or change settings

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike View Post
    Doesn't work on the latest chrome dev channel build either (9.0.597.0).

Quote Originally Posted by rakkarage View Post
    this is built into chrome now...

options->under the hood->content settings...
    i set mine to block all script and plug-ins
    it shows an icon on bar if you want to unblock or change settings
    This works. Turn off javascript and its good to go.
    Last edited by Grantsdale; 2010-12-03 at 02:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The issue with the latest dev channel build is a chrome bug; it's been reported and supposedly will be fixed in the next build.

Edit: Chrome bug tracker: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/is...etail?id=64793
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-12-03 at 05:26 PM.

Right, to temporary fix this:

Close chrome
    go to your appdata folder (type %appdata% in the explorer adress bar and press enter)
    %appdata%/local/google/chrome/application folder
    rename 9.0.597.0 folder to crashing_9.0.597.0
    rename the other version folder to 9.0.597.0
    Start chrome

You are now running an older but working version of chrome!

If you guys insist on using the latest builds of Chrome, get the actual dev builds which are Chromium's trunk builds. Dev channel usually doesn't get updated more than once a week so if there are any bugs, you have to wait. New Chromium trunk builds are pushed several times every day and so far they've been very solid, more up-to-date and stable than Dev channel anyway.

Only downside is the lack of auto-update but that's no problem really because they include a mini_installer.exe with each new Windows build and a new .app with each Mac build. Simple and fast, just gotta check for updates yourself occasionally and install them. No compiling or anything necessary like some other applications require for their trunk/dev builds.

More info here: http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved
    Chromium trunk builds can be found here: http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/
    Last edited by Civrock; 2010-12-04 at 08:48 PM.