Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like how people expect engineers to not use the benefits of their profession. I would honestly hope its just a bug with all the extra fail in raids. As someone said before, Engineering is the only profession that has a chance to backfire, and that really fuckin blows. D<

Well, if Engineers can only put Cogwheel items in the 359 helms that they can craft then the profession is basically dead once people start raiding heroic Tier 11. No serious raider would purposefully limit themselves to a 359 item once 372 is available.

I leveled engineering about two weeks ago because I thought it was going to be pretty awesome in Cata. I'm really kicking myself for spending 2000g and using most of my ore stockpile to level a profession that I'm going to have to drop since it can't be used in rated BGs and will be worthless for raiding as soon as my guild moves into heroic raids.

I figure I'll level it to make as many scopes as possible before I drop it. When Herbalism is as good as your current profession for raiding it's time to move to a new profession.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont rely on something too much.. like addons thats not always gonna tell you the correct thing..>_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    Dont rely on something too much.. like addons thats not always gonna tell you the correct thing..>_>
    Addons however do not require levelling and applying to an item. I think engineers have to right to assume their nitro boosts will work in raids.

Engineering for me has been the best profession in game. This issue is really making it seem like a well heres some great bonuses but gamble to use them, which ok on your own is fine, but when it puts a raid and 24 other people in the situation of death of a wipe i feel thats a step in the wrong direction.

You dont see Tailors use a net for stun on something for it to accidently stun themselfs. This is clearly devaluing the profession as a whole, which is used by alot of people for a mainly non profit character min/max.

i understand its funny but not in that situation. no other crafted items fail except for engineering ones. i remember zapping myself with one of those trinkets in dungeons - the healer probably wondering wtf.
    i still find it funny tbh
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Deleted
    Engineering items malfunction for 6 years now... live with it or lvl tailoring! Yesterday wont duel against feral only because of malfunction lololol

Fuel leak just almost killed me in EotS, would have if I hadn't healed myself. Joy.

What is fuel leak from?

I really hope that blizz is going to add new helms with new tiers, don t allow fails in nytro boots and all who rerolled from engi will cry a lot xD
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

I would guess the Nitro tinker is buggy atm, in all the time, I have had engineering from day 1 I can count on 2 hands the amount of time I have had any item malfunction on me and that includes teleporters parachutes and even gnomish death rays, only twice out of everything did my nitro blow up, after this patch, they have blew up a dozen times at least, twice in ICC, once in the middle of LK blowing me through the roof of ICC and killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeto View Post
    Engineering items malfunction for 6 years now...
    Nitro? In 3.x? In raids?

Er, no. Try again.

Sigh.

Just wiped on reg Festergut to a failed nitro boost. STOP USING THESE IN PVE, THEY DON'T WORK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonos View Post
    What is fuel leak from?
    Isn't that what the nitro boosts debuff is called? Doing tons of damage per tick