Destro Execute Questions

Since I have my aff and demo rotations down I've started playing destro again, and I have a few quick questions:

Is Searing Pain a DPS increase during execute (with the 40% crit increase talent, and assuming you wouldn't aggro)?
    Is Shadowburn a DPS increase to use off CD, or is it purely a utility talent (for quicker Soul Shard regeneration)?

Also it seems Corruption is always worth the GCD as opposed to just while moving now, is that always the case?

Deleted
    Corruption, if mob is alive long enough for full duration, is always worth it, as for the other two I am not sure.

Always keep Corruption up. Searing Pain no longer has any real use; as for Shadowburn only if a mob is going to die and you have no shards left.

Bah and here I was thinking Destro was made tougher (in a fun way) to master like Demo. I had hoped SP took the filler spot over non-backdrafted incinerate at <25% and we threw Shadowburns in like SW: D

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Bah and here I was thinking Destro was made tougher (in a fun way) to master like Demo. I had hoped SP took the filler spot over non-backdrafted incinerate at <25% and we threw Shadowburns in like SW: D
    Destro got fiddlier. I believe priorities are something like

BoD
    Immo
    Soulfire if the ISF buff isn't up, or if it's under the cast time of the soulfire but not with hero/bloodlust. Or if you get an instant proc
    Conflag
    *ghost corruption
    Chaos bol
    *other ghost corruption
    Incinerate

Corruption actually moves according to haste gear. More haste and spellpower will move it up. Haste actually increases DPCT in a squared manner because it increases the ticks too. If you have more ticks it's damage rises. Backdraft makes chaos bolt quicker so it also varies with whether it's up. I think it's safe to say that without backdraft, corruption is going to beat incin, and if you have more than a modest amount of haste (destro locks get 15% at all times anyway) it will beat incin at all times. If you have lots of haste it probably pulls over chaos bolt for priority too. Again depending on backdraft. But if in doubt I guess sling it in just below CB. At extreme haste ratings I imagine it's better even over backdraft.

Shadowburn is good on the move or on trash if you soul burned and want shards back. Fel flane will take prio until the DoT is maxed then you'll shadowburn. Corruption refreshes on the run are then worth doing if it's ticked two or three times (will do the maths at 85 as to how many ticks>one fel flame).

It's not the clear cut simplest any more, you have to admit that.