Deleted

Fishing skill gain 450-525

http : // www . elsanglin.com/ developing_skill . html

the chart there says that it starts to decrease how much catches you need per skill lv, can anyone confirm/deny this?

first you don't need to make over 9001 spaces in url link,1 space in enough if you cant link
    second that 1 catch from 500 to 525 is bug
    third yes,they indeed reduced amount of catches (around 9 or 10) cos it would getting crazy boring to get one skill point after 450

10+ Year Old Account
    I always broke up my fishing levelling into little pieces of about 10-25 over 350ish, way too boring otherwise, for me at least.
    "The truth, my goal."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Step 1: Set up a laptop to play WoW.
    Step 2: Prepare said laptop for play in front of the TV, on a couch or, preferably, recliner.
    Step 3: Find something to watch on TV while you log on.
    Step 4: Find a safe spot to stand while you mindlessly fish.
    Step 5: Crank up your WoW volume a tad to hear the fishing bobber, and drop any unnecessary volumes.
    Step 6: Bind everything to your mouse so you can cast & loot with one hand, easily, while zoning out and watching TV.
    Step 7: Fish until you can't find anything worthwhile on TV, glancing down when you re-cast simply to get your cursor back over top of the bobber.

And there you go. If you follow that plan, spam-casting your way from 450 to 525 won't be an issue regardless of how many casts it takes.

now also fishing daily gives 1-2 skill point(s) what is freaking awesome,will make lvling fishing less boring

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    Step 2: Prepare said laptop for play in front of the TV, on a couch or, preferably, recliner.
    Step 5: Crank up your WoW volume a tad to hear the fishing bobber, and drop any unnecessary volumes.
    Step 6: Bind everything to your mouse so you can cast & loot with one hand, easily, while zoning out and watching TV.
    Step 7: Fish until you can't find anything worthwhile on TV, glancing down when you re-cast simply to get your cursor back over top of the bobber.

And there you go. If you follow that plan, spam-casting your way from 450 to 525 won't be an issue regardless of how many casts it takes.
    Can I borrow your laptop?

fucking stupid to fish manually

This is the way i have been fishing since i started... i use mouse wheel up for cast and it means you can really relax at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonos View Post
    This is the way i have been fishing since i started... i use mouse wheel up for cast and it means you can really relax at the same time.
    To make this even easier, bind mouse wheel down to "interact on mouseover" which is found in the Key Bindings option menu, near the bottom.

With a free skill point every day for completing the fishing daily, why not just do the fishing daily over 75 days and be done with it? Not to mention you'll get fishing points along the way doing the quests, so 75 days is a worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Gybsohnn View Post
    With a free skill point every day for completing the fishing daily, why not just do the fishing daily over 75 days and be done with it? Not to mention you'll get fishing points along the way doing the quests, so 75 days is a worst case scenario.
    This...I've never been in a hurry to max out professions (what benefit do you get from doing that? Seriously?), so fishing slowly (and manually) isn't a big deal. The fishing daily totally ROCKS to speed it up.
    Slaggo, member of The Quick and The Dead on Alexstrasza

^ this

And not to QQ, but I wish after getting 450 fishing, my casts would become a little more controlled/accurate. I'm a master fisherman and I can't even cast in a straight line? I only want this so I can do whats listed above, but never have to look at my screen lol. If my bobber always landed in the same place, what a dream this would be. I know they won't do this, but it feels a little silly when you try fishing in the dalaran pond, and the message tells you "you're too stupid to drop your line straight down below you" or something like that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilla View Post
    I wish after getting 450 fishing, my casts would become a little more controlled/accurate. I'm a master fisherman and I can't even cast in a straight line? I only want this so I can do whats listed above, but never have to look at my screen lol. If my bobber always landed in the same place, what a dream this would be. I know they won't do this, but it feels a little silly when you try fishing in the dalaran pond, and the message tells you "you're too stupid to drop your line straight down below you" or something like that.
    As far as I'm concerned my character drops 100 IQ points, loses a few teeth and acquires the name 'Cleetus Joe-Bob' every time he equips a fishing pole. And if I'm paying attention when I cast, I often say a quiet 'Derp' as he casts because, well... it seems fitting.

Bruenór says: I dare say, this quark isn't displaying the predicted behavior at all. I'll have to recalculate my predictions based upon the impact of environmental changes introduced by Deathwing's pa...
    *equips fishing pole*
    Bruenór says: Daaaaa I like to fish. I r gud too!! Daaa...
    Last edited by LQDMTL; 2010-12-02 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmilla View Post
    And not to QQ, but I wish after getting 450 fishing, my casts would become a little more controlled/accurate. I'm a master fisherman and I can't even cast in a straight line? I only want this so I can do whats listed above, but never have to look at my screen lol. If my bobber always landed in the same place, what a dream this would be. I know they won't do this, but it feels a little silly when you try fishing in the dalaran pond, and the message tells you "you're too stupid to drop your line straight down below you" or something like that.
    You're misunderstanding the mechanic. A real-life fisherman wouldn't cast to the same spot everytime and expect to catch something from there. The randomness of the landing is actually reflecting the toon's ability to spot a likely catch and aiming their pole there. Missing due to shallowness, etc., is a reflection of local wind conditions and trying just to hard to catch something that your poor rod and reel can't get to.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalize View Post
    fucking stupid to fish manually
    Even more stupid to be caught macroing because of fishing and be perma-banned...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You're misunderstanding the mechanic. A real-life fisherman wouldn't cast to the same spot everytime and expect to catch something from there. The randomness of the landing is actually reflecting the toon's ability to spot a likely catch and aiming their pole there. Missing due to shallowness, etc., is a reflection of local wind conditions and trying just to hard to catch something that your poor rod and reel can't get to.
    How does this explain missing fishing pools then? I see a swirling pool of fish in the water and surely I want my lure to land in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla View Post
    How does this explain missing fishing pools then? I see a swirling pool of fish in the water and surely I want my lure to land in there.
    In real life, fishing pools do not appear as a neat little circle. Think of the fishing pool as representing an area that you're more likely to catch fish from. When you miss the circle, it's because you misjudged the extent of the area. Unlike real life, however, you're not obligated to wait and see if you were right with your cast.

Plus, I'd also like to point out it's not easy to cast to a specific location, whether you're fly fishing or using rod-and-reel. Try it sometime. And to make the experience even more like the game, turn on PVP first.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

In real life, fishing pools do not appear as a neat little circle. Think of the fishing pool as representing an area that you're more likely to catch fish from. When you miss the circle, it's because you misjudged the extent of the area. Unlike real life, however, you're not obligated to wait and see if you were right with your cast.

Plus, I'd also like to point out it's not easy to cast to a specific location, whether you're fly fishing or using rod-and-reel. Try it sometime. And to make the experience even more like the game, turn on PVP first.
    This holds water (boooo) when casting into a fishing pool but not when casting into a fountain or any other small body of water. As an Illustrious Grand Master Fisherman I still can't seem to get half of my casts into a fountain.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyrusty View Post
    This holds water (boooo) when casting into a fishing pool but not when casting into a fountain or any other small body of water. As an Illustrious Grand Master Fisherman I still can't seem to get half of my casts into a fountain.
    How often do you fish in a fountain in real life?

How often do you fish in a fountain in real life?
    I use magnets as my lures, and the coins in the bottom are fish.

(yes, I know, coins aren't attracted to magnets. It was a joke.)