The memory could not be "read". Patch 4.0.3a

After I enter my authenticator and try to connect I get a WoW error saying this. I've updated my graphics card, switched out different RAM sticks, taken apart my computer and put it back together, several WoW repairs... I really don't know what to do at this point. Oh, I haven't been able to play 4.0.3a at all because I just got back to a computer last night so it's not as if this problem just arose after days of playing fine. Please help, I just want to play WoW :[

Deleted
    Go to your wow folder, right click it and select properties. Then in that window uncheck the "read only" option and apply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Go to your wow folder, right click it and select properties. Then in that window uncheck the "read only" option and apply.
    If that's the case,and after all the trouble he has gone through,i can imagine him going "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" xD

So I open the WoW folder and uncheck read only, click accepty and okay, then it closes out. If I immediately go to that same window again it will once again say it's read only? I can't uncheck it and keep it that way 0.o

15+ Year Old Account
    are you an administrator on the computer?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    If it closes out instantly on a 30GB folder there is something wrong with your access to that folder, hence the write errors you've been getting.

15+ Year Old Account
    What OS and where is WoW installed?

Yes, I am the administrator :0

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 12:22 PM ----------

Vista & C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/

Try this on the root World of Warcraft Folder, let me know how that works for you.

Edit::I have comodo firewall/antivirus and use it's secure dns servers, and have done this myself to fix a similar issue, so I know the file to be safe.

Edit 2::It does take a while, I think it took about 15 minutes or more.
    Last edited by syonxwf; 2010-11-29 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

I took ownership but the same problem persists =/

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Including more of the error might be helpful.
    2. Have you tried to repair your WoW installation?

I would copy paste the while error but it's telling me I can't post links =/

Repair me WoW installation? Is that just a WoW Repair or something different? I have uninstalled/reinstalled WoW but it didn't do anything

15+ Year Old Account
    Repair meaning running the repair.exe inside the WoW folder to verify there's not corruption within the files.

Try to uncheck read-only again now that you have ownership, see if the setting sticks now.
    Make a backup of the Cache, WTF, and Interface (addons) folder, and then try deleting them. (If that doesn't work, move them back so you don't lose some of your macros/settings)
    Last edited by syonxwf; 2010-11-29 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

Did another WoW repair and it's telling me everything should be great lol :[

Deleting Cache, WTF, and Interface isn't working. Taking ownership hasn't worked either =/

15+ Year Old Account
    And you're opening WoW via Launcher.exe? If not, you might be missing some patch data.

Yeah I'm using Launcher.exe =/

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you include the full error message, including hex codes?

Deleted
    got that error today too. delete the Cache folder helped me