Survey about WoW and Raiding

1. How old are you?

2. What is your gender?

3. In what country do you reside?

4. What is your ethnicity?

5. How many hours per day (on average) do you spend playing the game?

6. Do you have a significant other that plays the game?

7. Why do you play the game?

8. What roles are you happiest performing in the game?

9. Do you have difficulty expressing ideas in groups while playing the game?

10. What discourages you while playing the game?

11. What frustrates you while playing the game?

12. Do you feel pressured by your group mates when you play?

13. What do you believe your role should be in groups?

14. What is your relationship with your group mates?

15. Do you feel that the game provides for your social needs?

I would appreciate it if some people would help me out and fill out the questions. You can simply post them in the forum. I am conducting some research as to how gender role theory works online, and this is of great importance to me. Thank you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a thread about this already? Why not just bump that one?

Apparently it got deleted or corrupted somehow, and unfortunately I was asleep at the time and all of the data was lost D:. Not happy day for me.

Try PM'ing a moderator or something and see if they can restore it, or at least retrieve the data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Would you be open to receiving PM's with responses?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    Try PM'ing a moderator or something and see if they can restore it, or at least retrieve the data.
    Attempted to do so, will, unfortunately, have to wait and see what comes of that. Fairly inopportune time for it to go missing as I need at least the raw data tomorrow.

And of course I would be open to PM's. Thank you in advance!

Deleted
    I alreayd did this. :P

Hey, I was just looking for this thread and I was sad that I couldn't find it. I hope you get a nice big chunk of data to work with, but before you get too many responses, I think it's really important that I impart this wisdom (again): You should move your objective, concrete questions (age, gender, ethnicity) to the bottom. Having these questions at the beginning of a survey will end up priming your participants' responses to the rest of the questions. So you'd be doing yourself a favor by saving them for last.

I was planning on taking your survey this morning and I couldn't find it, now I'm out of time. I'll post back with answers when I have a chance. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    Hey, I was just looking for this thread and I was sad that I couldn't find it. I hope you get a nice big chunk of data to work with, but before you get too many responses, I think it's really important that I impart this wisdom (again): You should move your objective, concrete questions (age, gender, ethnicity) to the bottom. Having these questions at the beginning of a survey will end up priming your participants' responses to the rest of the questions. So you'd be doing yourself a favor by saving them for last.

I was planning on taking your survey this morning and I couldn't find it, now I'm out of time. I'll post back with answers when I have a chance. Good luck.
    Ah. Thank you for the tip, mer! I couldn't believe my eyes when I woke up and it was gone. Today has been a pretty terrible day because of that, but I do thank you for taking the time none-the-less!

Actually it was me (among others?) who reported the thread (and this one too).
    If you want to place those surveys here speak with a moderator first but I doubt they would allow it
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

What's with all of the survey threads as of late?

Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    Actually it was me (among others?) who reported the thread (and this one too).
    If you want to place those surveys here speak with a moderator first but I doubt they would allow it
    If you're really telling the truth; Why the hell would you do that? The members answered out of their own free will, not because they had to. Honestly, I would say some pretty nasty things right now, but I won't. I'll just leave you with; Thanks for being a dumbass, this guy needed the answers for his research which is due tomorrow. God damnit dude.

EDIT: I found the thread Paden1991; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...72#post9605972

It was locked but you got 15 pages of responses before Lancore decided to interfere with the thread.
    Last edited by Desirie; 2010-11-30 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?