Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Healers Re-rolling

I dont know if its just the ppl on my server but alot of Healers are moving to dps for cata, maybe its the talk of mana managment or if they have just had enough but it worries me

i play a resto shaman and will stick with it

i know 4 good healers that a core members of a raiding team that are all rolling mages ( different guulds )

if this is a comon move the affects at 85 will be epic

are you a healer? do you plan to heal in cata or changing trades??

I'm taking a break from my druid who is a bear until I see how well they do in cata raiding and I'm going to be going holy on my paladin and will probably raid on him as holy for the majority of cata. I mean they sort of increased the cost of a lot of spells but I don't think it will be as bad as people say it will be.
    Last edited by Tipsyturtle; 2010-11-29 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive played a holy paladin past 2 years and I plan on sticking with it.I enjoy healing,and I like the changes Blizz has implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving from Holy Paladin (Over 3 and 1/2 years) to Priest come Expo time. Pally healing has always been a diminished role as others can easily account for tank damage. I want to have more utility and heal like a madman.
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healer continuing to heal.

I've noticed a lot of the people that I talked to that are re-rolling DPS are doing so because they just can't get used to the new healing style. Every healer has changed--some more than others--and some just don't like how healing feels to them. Some haven't adjusted to having to actually worry about mana, so when they spam <expensive spell> and they're like "omg I'm oom already" they panic and think that since we're supposed to care about mana that it will be even worse in Cataclysm. They just haven't adapted yet and are panicking because they think "If mana is such a problem now, how much worse will it be at 85? This is no fun!"

I didn't get to play the beta, but I can assure you it is possible to heal even Wrath content competitively with the new styles of healing without going oom. It just requires using more than one spell.

I write this thinking about the druids in my raid spamming Rejuv last night (26% of base mana) and complaining about mana while ending up with over 70% overhealing, and most of it coming from Rejuv. Silly trees.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2010-11-29 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently have a Holy pally, Holy Priest, Resto Shaman, and a Resto druid. All I have healed end game on. My holy pally will be ret for leveling and then back to holy full time as my main. Shaman and Priest will be on back burner for a bit. Druid will more than likely never be resto again...he is my gather/scratch your eyes out. If I want to DPS I will have my mage and lock at 85 asap to keep me amused.

Point is Healer 4 life

I have an 80 of each healing class but my main is a resto shaman and I'll stick with it. We managed in vanilla and BC and we'll have to do the same in cataclysm.

I'll be continuing to heal. I'm actually rolling 3 more healing classes just to try them out. That said, if people continually get on healer's cases about letting them die when it was their fault for: (Standing in the Fire, Pulling Aggro, Pulling while the Healer is Drinking, etc.) then expect many healers to reroll or switch to DPS specs.

holy pala continuing to heal, and gonna relish the new challenge.

DPS here going healer!

You'll find when a new expansion comes out a lot of people will switch specs / classes. Most people will have been playing the same roll for 2 years+ now so expansions are the ideal time to learn a new role. Healers will go DPS, dps will go healers, healers will go tank, tank will go dps, dps will go tanks, some people will stay the same

Don't think it' anything to worry about

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellytm3 View Post
    Ive played a holy paladin past 2 years and I plan on sticking with it.I enjoy healing,and I like the changes Blizz has implemented.
    My thoughts exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    still gonna heal the harder the better for me then you'll see WHO are the pro's & who are the noobs on your realm as it should be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meckeard View Post
    I have an 80 of each healing class but my main is a resto shaman and I'll stick with it. We managed in vanilla and BC and we'll have to do the same in cataclysm.
    I lead a few 10 mans in my day and it was hard as shit to find GOOD healing shamans for the raid. I don't think too many shamans realize how invaluable they could be to a group if they had some spare healing gear on hand and knew how to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have been a healer for the duration of WotLK. Resto Shaman. Re-rolling a goblin rogue in Cataclysm. Not because of the changes to healing, but simply because I would like to try something else.

I don't think this is a trend or something. Some of my mates who are re-rolling, are going healing instead of DPS. I do think that some healers from WotLK will re-roll because of the changes to healing, but I really don't believe that this will be the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by webzagar View Post
    I'll be continuing to heal. I'm actually rolling 3 more healing classes just to try them out. That said, if people continually get on healer's cases about letting them die when it was their fault for: (Standing in the Fire, Pulling Aggro, Pulling while the Healer is Drinking, etc.) then expect many healers to reroll or switch to DPS specs.
    Agreed, I have seen may a healer go dps for this reason. Healing is a thankless job, if you do something amazing nobody will notice. If you mess up you are the first to get yelled at. Honesty a good healer just deals with this type of BS. On the same note a new healer should not have to deal with this.

Many are rerolling because they don't like the new feel to it. BLizz say they want to make healing fun or hard or whatever. Guess its not too fun for some as lots are rerolling to raid in cat as dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellytm3 View Post
    You know as well as I that you spec around ret and/or prot often. Holy has never been fun as the other classes from what I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by webzagar View Post
    That said, if people continually get on healer's cases about letting them die when it was their fault for: (Standing in the Fire, Pulling Aggro, Pulling while the Healer is Drinking, etc.) then expect many healers to reroll or switch to DPS specs.
    Just link them recount if they died to avoidable mechanics, shuts most of the whingers up i've found.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really liked the healing in WotLK, it was so twitchy and bad ping could really ruin your day. I think its about time they made healing smarter and less chaotic. My first alt is a disc priest and I will keep him as just that in Cata cuz I love my rogue too much. I haven't seen any healer to dps migration. I think the role of healer just appeals to some people, whether the mechanics are twitchy or smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Deleted
    Few weeks back I went really emo, thought holy was rubbish and wanted to go shadow. But I'm content with holy now.