Gilneas the real deal?

I have looked around for post descussing people opinions on this but havn't found any so im going to start my own... i may be wrong!!

basically i personally think that gilneas looks like a real sort of WoW city, not saying the others are crap but imo they all look too... well fake within the game! i know that they are all representing stuff like IF is the mountain city of the dwarfs etc etc, the obvious stuff... but this time i think blizz have really made a good design. i always thought that SW was the most popular city and to me it was the most real mystical city ingame having that sort of feeling! to me Gilneas looks like something out of lord of the rings, or harry potter, you know those sort of mystical films, and to me wow is in that same category. again this is still my own opinion!
    bit of a strange post i guess but it would be nice to see other people's views!
    cheers

Gilneas City does look very nice and realistic but I believe this may stem from it not being intended to be used as a city but as a leveling zone for Worgen players.

If Blizzard every decided to change it to a Major city I could see the housing distract of the city either being shrunk or be flooded with feral Worgen NPCs.

Gilneas does look pretty fantastic. Im also a big fan of the new Org, and Booty Bay. (Seeing the post shattering damage in BB was great).

Gilneas as a zone is now my favorite zone just from exploring it on live. The city is dark and brooding, feels like a mugger could jump out of anywhere as I walk through the streets. And even the zone is so fitting for the entire "werewolf" theme of the Worgen. Walking through the forests of dead trees and along the edge of high cliffs above wave beaten rocks all the while being poured on from rain... just epic, imo.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's my new favorite zone as well. I have found myself running all the way to Gilneas on many occasions just to end up standing in the city ruins. There is so much detail there that no Alliance city has from rain pouring from the gutters, papers and clothes still on the lines outside blowing around in the wind, a great floor plan and beautiful architecture. A person can really get an idea of what happened there without knowing the story. There are burning piles of corpses in the streets of the city, an abundant amount of gravestones throughout the zone, abandoned and half torn apart buildings, a well kept and well used chapel, claw marks in homes and abandoned boots by still lit fireplaces with beautiful music giving a quiet and sorrowful feel. I would love to have it as a city, but it just would not feel right to have in place. The place is in ruins and doesn't feel as if it belongs to anyone but the Worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    They put so much work on this city, and it stole the heart of the players (because of the beuty). And now they decide to scrap/cancel it just for the (like) 5 quest for the undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pro worgen, and I hate that they had to give up what's left of their nation because of the forsaken. And yes the alliance does own it, it's just contested right?

sucks that a majority of worgen lore outside of gilneas is part of horde questing.....
    "Things are always in a state of change or growth, what separates sentient beings from animals is restraint. If a being with sentience no longer shows enough restraint, than what is to separate said being from an animal?"
    http://madmabsmultiversegallery.blogspot.com/
    http://murlocaggrob-madmab.deviantart.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMab View Post
    I am pro worgen, and I hate that they had to give up what's left of their nation because of the forsaken. And yes the alliance does own it, it's just contested right?

sucks that a majority of worgen lore outside of gilneas is part of horde questing.....
    this x 9001

Quote Originally Posted by MadMab View Post

a cease fire in exchange for saurfang's daughter returned alive/unplagued. Silverpine is not meant for alliance because it would upset the balance between the alliance and horde zones, that has now been fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope Gilneas becomes a future city, goblins could get undermine or something I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    When I investigate Gilneas on my orc shammie, the first thing that it pegged to me with the buildings and structures was.. legacy of Kain. Anyones that played this series will know what I'm talking about
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Its good that gilneas is seen and experinced by both aliance-worgen 1-12 + direct connection, horde 12-20 silverpine and then again in the BG.
    Also its a really nice battle station for war since everytime it is like sesaw going back and forth to either side and the BG just emphasizes this !

We can hope for something to be done with Gilneas. It's too grand to be left to rot; though looking at Blizzard's track record with new Alliance races it doesn't look good.
    Keeper of the Gilinean Lore, Defender of Worgen, and General Nuisance to Blizzard

We will not be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynn Kerath View Post
    We can hope for something to be done with Gilneas. It's too grand to be left to rot; though looking at Blizzard's track record with new Alliance races it doesn't look good.
    i doubt it. ppl will just bitch about worgen females (pun hah) again

It's beautiful, but for some reason I expect to see Holmes & Watson at every street corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    Its good that gilneas is seen and experinced by both aliance-worgen 1-12 + direct connection, horde 12-20 silverpine and then again in the BG.
    Also its a really nice battle station for war since everytime it is like sesaw going back and forth to either side and the BG just emphasizes this !
    I agree with you, however it seems really stupid that the Worgen dont even get to see the follow up on their own lore. The Forsaken do....