Random Reboots / MTU help

Heya, i need some help :P i found this awesome thread earlyer who had a link to a CPU mod to lower ur MTU ( cuz i got random DC's with 5 min loading screen ) and now one of my friends got the same problem, ive tried finding it for a good hour or so, but no luck. also tried finding the CPU mod myself, but same deal if anyone knows a good program to config ur MTU, could u please give me a link?

next question, i usually get ranom reboots ( often when i just startet my PC it happends a good 1 -2 times within 1 hour, and sometimes after a good 3-5 hours wich is more rare ) basicly my screen freezes for random amounts of time (somtimes i have to take the power for it to shut down ) and the sound kinda loops withint half a second, so it just makes like these "hacking" fast pased sounds. DADADADADADADADA kind of stuff. and 50% of the times it goes on blue screen of death and doom for 1 good second, ive tried cleaning my computer (due to over heating ) wich i still think might be the problem, anyone have any ideas? it usually only happends in wow (99 % of the time). Maybe its time to make a new PC ? or is it maybe just my graphics card melting? i got lots of theorys and been trying to fix this for awhile. so would love some help if anyone has some sugestions.

Thanks in advance guys

15+ Year Old Account
    1. MTU relates to networking (packet size, specifically). I'm not sure what you mean by a "CPU mod" or why you would want to lower your MTU. Unless you have some oddball ISP, your router/modem/OS's default MTU should be fine. To test, try this:
    • Press Windows Key + R to open a Run box
    • Type in cmd and press enter
    • In the window that opens, type ping -f google.com and press enter.
    If you do this and receive no errors about fragmentation, then your MTU is fine.

2. Check your temperatures. Post BSOD errors. Upload/attach minidump files (from C:\Windows\Minidump).

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    next question, i usually get ranom reboots ( often when i just startet my PC it happends a good 1 -2 times within 1 hour, and sometimes after a good 3-5 hours wich is more rare ) basicly my screen freezes for random amounts of time (somtimes i have to take the power for it to shut down ) and the sound kinda loops withint half a second, so it just makes like these "hacking" fast pased sounds. DADADADADADADADA kind of stuff. and 50% of the times it goes on blue screen of death and doom for 1 good second, ive tried cleaning my computer (due to over heating ) wich i still think might be the problem, anyone have any ideas? it usually only happends in wow (99 % of the time). Maybe its time to make a new PC ? or is it maybe just my graphics card melting? i got lots of theorys and been trying to fix this for awhile. so would love some help if anyone has some sugestions.
    Overheating is 99% certainly the reason for those lock-ups. Either graphics card or motherboard. Get some program that shows you temperatures and tell what it says after 15min of playing. For CPU, GPU and motherboard. Also idle temps.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The reason i want to lower my MTU, is that the wow servers from scandinavia for some reason doesnt accept Package sizes bigger than 1000, and i had mine on 1300 wich resulted in these insanely anoying disconnects, but i got it fixed and found a CPU mod to config my friends MTU down to 1000. but thanks anyways

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 07:52 AM ----------

how do i post my BSOD error? just to make sure i dont post some crap and waste ur time with that, i got some hs_err logs lying around, and i guess its those u ur talking about?