Crit stacking for Healing

I was just wondering if crit was going to be valued anymore in lvl 85 raid content for disc/holy then it is at this time. It seems like it would be because im thinking that there is going to be a lot less overhealing so critical heals may be more valued in cata then wrath.

But i have seen a lot of people saying that crit will still be still one of the worst stats to try and stack on gear. Ill go ahead and thank anyone who posts for their thoughts and imput on this

You get a fair bit from Intellect, so yeah. And I don't think you'll say no to it on gear, and simply reforge some of it into Haste/Mastery. So yeah, while we'll have more, I don't think we'll go out of our way for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll honestly be much more concerned with haste than crit but I base this on me thinking I'll be spamming Heal for 90% of the 5 mans i'll be in. Maybe thats not the case but that is what I've seen from the videos I've watched at least. I'm sure someone that was in beta would be able to clear this up a bit.

As a Holy Priest, crit becomes slightly less bad if you are tank healing, with not just the heals increasing, but Renew's constant buffer, as well as indirectly boosting the output of your Echo.

Couple it with a fair uptime of Serenity, and crit chance has a noticable effect on your tanking. (When your Heal crits, you're less likely to need to reach for a Flash).

That said, you have a decent size crit from both the Chakra and the Holy Word Serenity's. And crit is still subject to RNG.

Less bad is still "not worth stacking" no matter which way you cut it.

For raid healing as either spec it sees diminishing returns very quickly.

So Haste still wins.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-11-29 at 10:25 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    And crit is still subject to RNG.
    Key word to me, crit is nice and dandy but a stat I cannot rely on, even if you had 70% crit you'd still run into long chains of no crits at all, mastery or haste is what is the most appealing to me in cata as far as reforging goes. Spirit being #1 of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Belly View Post
    Key word to me, crit is nice and dandy but a stat I cannot rely on, even if you had 70% crit you'd still run into long chains of no crits at all, mastery or haste is what is the most appealing to me in cata as far as reforging goes. Spirit being #1 of all.
    To an extent, yes. But the context of my argument was for tank healing, not raid. Raid you can't afford to take chances. Tanks themselves are gearing mastery and avoidance unlike before, and they aren't getting oneshot so they're free to do that.

In doing so, they bring RNG to the table, rather than just a manasponge.

Having a Heal go out before your tank takes an unmitigated hit (you were casting it anyways) and all of a sudden your Heal crits, that means you don't need to wind up a Flash for the sake of keeping him alive. Crit in this sense is a poor man's thoroughput that changes what spell you can cast (with the potential to be efficiency). It will never outweigh haste, but it's not the gods-awful mess that we saw in Wrath.

And for the record, Spirit isn't and won't ever be a #1 stat. Not without another massive overhaul of the regen formula, even further.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-11-30 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Kel further fails at grammar, even further
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~