Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What classes should we get? for 10 man raid

Hello everyone, thanks for reading in advance.

Me and 7 of my friends thinking of keep doing 10man raids like in Wotlk, we had 2 that keep changing alot and lost them now, so we need 2 more classes for cata. Let me list the classes and role, they are as following :

Tanks :
    1- Prot Warroir
    2- Prot Paladin

Healers :
    3- Holy paladin
    4- Resto shaman
    5- Resto druid

Dps :
    6- Hunter (He is not sure of his spec yet)
    7- Boomkin
    8- Demo warlock

That is it so far, we are thinking of getting mage and shadow priest, but i keep saying get melee like rogue.
    Anyway the quistion is what is the 2 other classes we should get? any suggestion would be helpful, thanks!

Deleted
    You absolutely have 2 get two melee dps, some fight things are immune to magic, and then ure fucked, so my pick would be ,Warrior / Ret / Rogue / Enh Sham / Feral Druid / DK

I don't know about how much stuff is going to be immune to magic, but some melee will help keep things more balanced all around. At the moment looks like you don't have access to Bloodlust/Heroism (unless your Hunter goes BM and takes a corehound) so an Enhancement Shaman would be a good idea. After that I'd probably bring a Warrior or Rogue for dps, either has a couple of options for adding melee buffs.

Get two healers, not three.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrethel View Post
    I don't know about how much stuff is going to be immune to magic, but some melee will help keep things more balanced all around. At the moment looks like you don't have access to Bloodlust/Heroism (unless your Hunter goes BM and takes a corehound) so an Enhancement Shaman would be a good idea. After that I'd probably bring a Warrior or Rogue for dps, either has a couple of options for adding melee buffs.
    They have a resto shaman so the bloodlust is in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have a Shaman.

Also I'd go with 2 melees.
    Rogue & ...

Resto shaman.

Believe all shamans still can use heroism

Personally, I would go with Rogue and Unholy DK (unholy because I'm not even geared and I can do 4k dps as of now, but I don't know how it will scale at 85)

Frost DK because that 4% physical dmg debuff is very nice and they provide much better dps then a combat rouge/arms warrior. The other slot should either go to a a Feral druid or a fury warrior however if you use a fury war the hunter needs to use the bleed dmg pet. These 2 are best for the dps they provide as well as being able to have a little versatility to who has to use which buffs.

These are the best choices for melee to provide buffs you don't already have as well as dps you will need. You NEED to have 2 melee 2 more ranged will leave your raid very unbalanced and could cause some fights to be more difficult then they need to be.
    Last edited by Assassin1344; 2010-11-29 at 11:42 PM.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

Yeah i was thinking that we should get a DK but i don't think that will happen, mainly because we can't get one...
    Do you think it could work if we get a mage? i think we can do just fine if we get a mage and a rogue that possible, And lol yes we do have a resto shaman and he can and will use BL :P
    Last edited by oofcool; 2010-11-30 at 02:28 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    IMO, your gonna want a Feral Druid and a Plate Tank, and not 2 Plate tanks.

Tanks: It honestly makes things a lot easier for progression, so that all the plate tanking gear that does drop can go to one person. And 2, a feral druid will be great for progression because it is one battle rez, and he can go kitty form, and do a last phase burn given you are battling an enrage timer. The feral druid is also another innvervate.

Healers: I agree with Resto Druid that is almost mandatory, but I would have to say that Holy Paladins are not gonna be the bread and butter tank healer that they once wore, but I could be wrong. I would change the Holy Pally for a Priest that is Disc/Holy Speced for the greater diversity, atleast progression wise.

With 2 caster/3 range DPS I think your last 2 should be Melee dps, like an Enhance Shaman, or even a rogue for tricks. Esp if you do not use a feral druid, don't let all that leather melee dps gear go to waste.

--

On another note, I dont know if it is just because I play a prot paladin, but it seems like 2 paladins, and 2 druids always seems to be the ideal base raid setup to min/max progression.
    Last edited by Evereghalo; 2010-11-30 at 11:53 PM.

Blizz's new raid philisophy is "Bring the player, not the class", so thats probably what I will stick with.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may be better to pick 2 more casters from dps wise. But from loot wise it's meele for sure. Haven't seen any boss in beta who would be immune to magic. Mages are very good unless they will receive a nerf like warlocks recent -12% dmg.

And if as you sad you want mage + rogue.. Personaly I would get frost DK instead of rogue because of buffs and better DPS. Hunter and tanks will love his +speed.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Deleted
    Seems like you are missing the 10% SP and the melee haste aura, so optimally i would say frost DK and ele shaman.. or get your warlock to change to demo and get an enhancement shaman. It would also be nice for you with a mage and a ret paladin for buffs, so yeah.. im not sure

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try 2 healers, resto shammy and holy pala, and get rogue, mage and a DK. Or change your tanks to warr/dk and use that tank pally for retri dps but as someone said before, bring the player,not the class!
    Thrall's Balls

feral + dk, and if your shamy will have dps specc you'll be fine ! gl

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    Seems like you are missing the 10% SP and the melee haste aura, so optimally i would say frost DK and ele shaman.. or get your warlock to change to demo and get an enhancement shaman. It would also be nice for you with a mage and a ret paladin for buffs, so yeah.. im not sure
    Literally nothing this guy said was correct. First off the lock IS Demo so there is 10% SP and the boomkin provides caster haste so the shaman can provide melee haste. Frost DK gives you great DPS as well as 4% additional physical from which will help both tanks, warlock, hunter, and any melee you will get.(your shammy can drop a different air totem as well) I highly suggest getting one. I stick with my other suggestion of a fury warrior or feral cat for your second open slot.

Make sure one at least one of your healers has a dps spec and knows how to use it. All 3 having one would allow you to pick the best for the encounter but that is unlikely to happen. You will NOT require 3 healers for every fight and going a dps down can be annoying.
    Last edited by Assassin1344; 2010-12-01 at 03:51 PM.

@ the person above me who is telling you to get a feral druid because of (amongst other things) innervate: Read up on how innervate works now.

@ OP: I think you basically have two choices, as most people above me already explained.

1. Make it a full ranged/caster setup. You will be able to get just about every buff that's available for such an setup, making some very interesting dps potentials. Also, this will enable you to faceroll any ranged-favored fights. However, hard fights that favor melee will be even harder for your raids.

2. Get two melee and make it a balanced raid. Make sure that you min/max your available buffs as much as possible if you do this though. (Having your hunter be BM makes this a lot easier). This will (possibly) lower your average dps a bit on some ranged favored fights, but will increase it on others.... all in all, this makes your raid a bit less of a 'one trick pony'. That said, any fight should be doable with any (sensible) setup, so in that respect it doesn't matter all that much.

The most important is that you bring 10 skilled people, who LIKE playing their class / role. Forcing someone to play a specific spec or class won't benefit you in the long run if they hate it, go inactive, or simply aren't good at it. Having buffs etc is nice, but doesn't weigh up against someone sucking / being semi-afk if you could bring him as a skilled/focused player in a sub-optimal class/spec instead.

Totally agree with ChildeRoland, what we want is a solid caster dps i know that it may harm us (it did at first like ICC Lady Deathwihisper where u need a melee dps to kill adds, but to be honest we manged to kill it in heroic mode with only the hunter as our melee dps), but as long as there is no immune to magic boss i think we will be OK. Yeah we will get what we can as long as we don't have that class in the raid (like a pally or druid we already have 2 of each so far)

I have been wondering why there are some people that say you only need 2 healer.. did blizzard changed that so we only need 2 healer?
    Last edited by oofcool; 2010-12-01 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    @ the person above me who is telling you to get a feral druid because of (amongst other things) innervate: Read up on how innervate works now.
    I am perfectly aware of how innervate works and I never once even mention it as a reason for anything.