Deleted

3rd Alchemy or Tailoring?

Hi,

I've got Alchemy on 2 of my characters (for the daily transmute). I was thinking about picking Alchemy for my 3rd alt too so I could get more gems per day. The other option would be to level tailoring on this character.

What do you guys think? Should I just level Alchemy on a third alt or stick with *just* 2x Alchemy and do Tailoring?

(Only goal is gold, like always, got 450 JC, inscription, mining, enchanting, herbalism on other characters)

In Beta (can't guarantee it will be the same when Cata goes Live):
    Transmuting the new rare gems has no CD
    There are no epic gems to transmute and won't be for many months
    Transmuting the new metas has no CD
    Most profitable Alch transmute is Truegold, used in BS and Eng epic plans (will be used in future tiers as well)

Tailoring has six different 7-day-CD cloth transmutes (Dreamcloth) that are used in the Tailoring epic plans and the spellthreads (will be used in future tiers as well).
    --------------------------

Since you already have 2 alchemists, I would definitely recommend tailoring. I think the long term demand for Dreamcloth will be higher than Truegold (since spellthreads are consumables). Obviously it is difficult to say which is more profitable since we have no idea what any of the prices will be, but the fact that you already have 2 alch definitely means you should pick up a tailor.

Deleted
    Hmm, so I should go with tailoring then... at least at launch.

If you don't have a tailor, I say go with tailoring. It's always nice to have what you need when you want it (bags, armor for your leveling clothie alts, leg enchants).