Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Max Del View Post
    dont forget to put your heirlooms on too and turn them in when you have wg.
    wasn't it stated that heirloom's xp boost works to 80 and then stops? meaning you get the benefit of the xp boost up untill you ding 80 and not for when progressing from 80 to 81.

10+ Year Old Account
    indeed my friend. it is the secret to opening the treasure chest in jolly roger's bay...

but before doing that you should wear you heirlooms and turn in your quests while your faction holds possession of wintergrasp.
    Essence of Wintergrasp doesn't affect quest experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Essence of Wintergrasp doesn't affect quest experience.
    i feel special right now...like...special kind of special...

edit: 3 wow things wrong in one day...*sigh*
    Last edited by Dr. Max Del; 2010-11-29 at 11:59 PM. Reason: derp
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    wasn't it stated that heirloom's xp boost works to 80 and then stops? meaning you get the benefit of the xp boost up untill you ding 80 and not for when progressing from 80 to 81.

Yes it was stated by a blue post that hairlooms give you xp till level 80 and not 80.99999

BoA items from Wrath used to give XP up until you hit level 81, but Blizz changed it in one of the Beta patches a while ago, so there is no point in using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how after two long years Blizzard comes out with some amazing zones jam-packed with awesome quests, and all players want to do is 25 more dailys on the same god-forsaken Glacier
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Doing these quests first will get you xp yes. You cant skip quests, at least not all of them as you need them to unlock quests in the new zone otherwise you won't have any quests to do. The quests are very linear now not like before so you will get to the next zone after ppl who didnt hand in the dailies just with a little more xp but behind in quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Doing these quests first will get you xp yes. You cant skip quests, at least not all of them as you need them to unlock quests in the new zone otherwise you won't have any quests to do. The quests are very linear now not like before so you will get to the next zone after ppl who didnt hand in the dailies just with a little more xp but behind in quests.
    The zones are fairly linear, but only within themselves. You can jump to the next zone as soon as you hit the appropriate level without consequences (other than missing out on the amazing end-zone quests).

indeed my friend. it is the secret to opening the treasure chest in jolly roger's bay...

are you referring to the exp bonus?
    i know the stats stop on them but doesnt the exp bonus still continue to be offered at 80?
    The experience bonus stops the minute you reach 80.
    Playing 2's is like shooting yourself in the kneecaps and wondering why it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    I love how after two long years Blizzard comes out with some amazing zones jam-packed with awesome quests, and all players want to do is 25 more dailys on the same god-forsaken Glacier
    Some people don't want to mess around. Getting to 85 asap or even trying for the realm first achievement is fun for them. If you were doing the dailies anyway for the gold, it's basically the same thing except you are waiting till 12:01 am PST to turn them in. There is also a lot of people with multiple alts that may rush to 85 on their main and then take the time to enjoy the zones later on while leveling those alts.

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    There is a good reason behind it though. It's free xp and it will help you level faster. This is most people's number one goal for cata. They want to start raiding and experiencing new content/dungeons asap. Once they get their first toon to 85 and start raiding, they will take their time leveling alt(s) because by that time there should also be less people questing (at least in the starting zones).
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    No. Doing this you will be stuck with the crowd for the first zone. The whole point on preparing 25 dailies is to get to the second zone before everybody else does.
    What if you dont wait until you reach 82 before handing in the quests? You could do Hyjal ahead the crowd until your are 82 - 400k xp and then go to icecrown give in 20 quests ( i think 5 free slots for quests are enough for hyjal) and ding 82 -> go to deepholm. This way you would have to do 2 or 3 quests more in hyjal but you wont be 5 minutes late and it's way more likely to be ahead of everyone else, which will let you quest a lot faster.
    Any thoughts on this one ? For me this sounds like the best solution :x

It's funny what people do to try and get realm firsts.

Soo desperate thats a sign of underlying medical issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    It's funny what people do to try and get realm firsts.

Soo desperate thats a sign of underlying medical issues.
    Or a sign of determination and high epeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thevilperson View Post
    Or a sign of determination and high epeen.
    How can you have determination in a game? all you do is press buttons.

Determination is being wounded and fighting to stay alive until you get medical help etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Um, no? Come release day I'm handing in all my dailies. Been shown that it will gain you between 30% and 45% of the level in ~5 minutes depending on how many you hand in. Can't really argue about that.
    Meanwhile, everyone else jumps 5/6 quests ahead of you in the new zone and your stuck in the bubble with others. Being ahead of the bubble of most people is what will make you level faster due to less competition, if you want to make use of those dailys, wait until your within range of 82 and then turn them in to head deepholm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    How can you have determination in a game? all you do is press buttons.

Determination is being wounded and fighting to stay alive until you get medical help etc.
    Hmm, funny, I was determined to get my spreadsheet done by the end of the day so I wouldn't have to do it the next day. I never got wounded, nor did I have to fight to stay alive to get that accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Meanwhile, everyone else jumps 5/6 quests ahead of you in the new zone and your stuck in the bubble with others. Being ahead of the bubble of most people is what will make you level faster due to less competition, if you want to make use of those dailys, wait until your within range of 82 and then turn them in to head deepholm.
    Yes but you will be leaving the zone 10 quests ahead of everyone else to get to the next lvl 82 zone...also if you wait to turn them in you will be taking up a ton of quest space, and a ton of bag space for those daily items.

Deleted
    Good idea with the dailies, thanks

Personally this doesnt matter to me, i've loaded my quest log on 2 of my 80's sure, since they are the last 2 im gonna level and by that point i'll want it fast, but for the first couple im doing every cata quest in every cata zone for the lore and sheer awesomeness of it, have fun skipping that