Poll: Would you enjoy a Waterbolt glyph?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Would you like a waterbolt glyph?

I am an adamant supporter of frost mages, and I love using my water elemental. I wish blizz had created a class called Aquamancer that would use the water elemental and all water /non-frost skinned spells. Alas, it would be too similar to our current mages. So, I thought it would be fun to have another glyph that changes our Frostbolt skin to a Waterbolt so we can match our fav. lil pets , whadya think? Yeh or Nay?
    "If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams." - Yann Martel

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    im reluctant because its such a small change that it would be almost unnoticeable... however that could also be an argument for said glyph so take it as you will

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clethius View Post
    im reluctant because its such a small change that it would be almost unnoticeable... however that could also be an argument for said glyph so take it as you will
    Well, blizz did say some glyphs are meant for the enjoyment of the player, so it's not like it has to be directly noticed by other players. As long as the mage is satisfied the glyph is good.
    "If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams." - Yann Martel

Came across a female worgen NPC in blasted lands with this debuff:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84305

Sexual innuendos! D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Came across a female worgen NPC in blasted lands with this debuff:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84305

Sexual innuendos! D:
    okay?

I would like a glyph that evolves water ele into Blastoise and makes him shoot 2 waterbolts simultaneously from his back mounted water canons

10+ Year Old Account
    The Soaked debuff instead of Chilled idea is good!

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    Makes me sad that something this simple can be taken out of context by some peoples minds. If people had their head out of the gutter sometimes, then maybe the world as a whole would be a better place.
    Eh - boredom tends to make people do or say odd things... :P

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    Makes me sad that something this simple can be taken out of context by some peoples minds. If people had their head out of the gutter sometimes, then maybe the world as a whole would be a better place.

-_-
    I'm a firm believer that if more people had their heads in the guther it would be a better world. Less wars, more dirty jokes... ohh and way more sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

It's as minor a glyph as they come, but still fun.
    Also eligible to induce cries from everybody "We also want to change how our spells look!". I (and probably lots of shamans) personally would also ask for the glyph to return the old sound of lightning spells if such a glyph was made for mages =)

I don't see the problem in making a minor glyph that changes frostbolt's name and appearance.

No reason not to do this other than wasted developement time for whatever team this would go to. I could see it happening in a future content patch for a bunch of classes if enough people want things like this.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    No reason not to do this other than wasted developement time for whatever team this would go to. I could see it happening in a future content patch for a bunch of classes if enough people want things like this.
    well if you think about it, there aren't many spells that could really be visually 'interchangeable' , the only non-mage spell that I could see having different variations would be Hex, although frog fits it perfectly. Plus, waterbolt wouldn't just be out of the blue since a mage's pet has the spell. There aren't many changes you could do to something like Arcane Shot, Mutilate, Main, Fear, Sw : Pain, Wrath, ect. , it just wouldn't make sense for a lot of spells, but atleast for frost/water bolt it would have a sensible reason

Also, it wouldn't take that much time for them to create it considering Waterbolt's icon, animation, and audio is already in the game, and they already have the mechanics to visually replace a spell (polymorph)

Quote Originally Posted by tennis125 View Post
    well if you think about it, there aren't many spells that could really be visually 'interchangeable' , the only non-mage spell that I could see having different variations would be Hex, although frog fits it perfectly. Plus, waterbolt wouldn't just be out of the blue since a mage's pet has the spell. There aren't many changes you could do to something like Arcane Shot, Mutilate, Main, Fear, Sw : Pain, Wrath, ect. , it just wouldn't make sense for a lot of spells, but atleast for frost/water bolt it would have a sensible reason

Also, it wouldn't take that much time for them to create it considering Waterbolt's icon, animation, and audio is already in the game, and they already have the mechanics to visually replace a spell (polymorph)
    I have no idea how the visual replacements work in code, but the polymorph glyphs are skin changes to players, not the spell. Polymorph the spell doesn't really have an animation. It puffs a little bit of smoke or something I guess, but that's the same for all of them. Polymorph the spell changes the player skin to a sheep. Penguin glyph probably just changes the name of the skin within the spell. I'm not sure if frostbolt works the same way.

I doubt it's terribly complicated as they've updated spell effects a number of times, but it's not exactly the biggest want of the community either so they may just not bother.

Don't really think Blizzard will be implementing this because it's such a small thing. Minor glyph type of thing.

I agree with this whole concept, and I have yet to see much of any aesthetic appearance glyphs. I'd like to see minor glyphs do things such as change armor glow color...maybe even colors on the armor itself. Warcraft is a great game, but the lack of overall character customization is saddening

At first when you were talkign about a Waterbolt glyph, i thought you meant something similar to the Imp glyph for warlocks. "Make your water elemental's waterbolt 20% stronger"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I'm a firm believer that if more people had their heads in the guther it would be a better world. Less wars, more dirty jokes... ohh and way more sex.
    lol best way to reply back