Dungeon finder no longer allowing Heroic queues.

I haven't been able to find any documentation on this, so I'm coming here to ask. I recently leveled a spacegoat Shaman and before the Tuesday, Nov. 23 patch, I was well on my way into several heroics. Hell, she even got achievements that my main doesn't have yet. I've done about 30 heroic instances, all using the lfg tool. I earned enough JP to buy shoulders. Wooo go me, I was well on my way to being prepared for Cata.

Now, however, I can't queue for heroics. It says I need a higher average item level and that my current is only 156. Admittedly, I am still using the heirloom chest, staff, and one trinket. I realize those count as item level 1. My problem is that there's no documentation that they were either increasing the minimum average item level required or were going to calculate heirlooms differently. It's a problem now that I can't gear up my shaman for Cataclysm. I got her to 80 before the Shattering, it'd be a shame to not be able to take her into the new content fully prepared.

I submitted a ticket to Blizzard and of course, got the standard reply: reset your UI. So, I did. Didn't change a damn thing. I submitted a ticket again and am still waiting on the reply.

I think that they changed the way heroics work, that you now need a certain gear level to get in, just like the 3 ICC Heroic Dungeons. To solve this, just do some quick quests or some of the normal ICC dungeons, and you'll replace your gear in no time (if RNG is on your side).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not heard of a change but yust buy some green/blue from Ah to replace ur heirloom and it should be fine

Yeh you need minimum ilevel of 180 for heroic queues. Easy to get once you ditch the heirlooms. It also includes the gear in your bags. So get some level 80 blues off the AH or sumin, then you can always swap back once you're in the dungeon. It's not a difficult thing to achieve, did it in about 5 minutes on my DK.
    Owning horrid India customer service since 1989. DELL - PAYPAL - EA

It doesn't count what you have equipped, it counts the highest iLevel you currently own for each slot.

IE: If you get a BoP quest chest piece that is Mail and i187, it'll count your chest iLevel as i187. If you only have Heirloom, it'll count at 1.
    If you buy the i251 Shoulders from PvP, equip them, then vendor them, you no longer own them, so you can watch your iLevel drop as it gets vendored. But as long as you own them, equipped or not, it'll count towards your average.

The only thing you can do is manually enter the instances with friends/guildies, find some nice quest rewards, or use JP or Honor to gear up your weak slots.

It sucks, but it's to keep the severely undergeared out of situations where it would hurt their group. You don't want a fresh 80 tank entering your HHoR with 17k HP.

I'm not entirely sure if this is true, because I've tried this, and my average item level remained the same. I've tried both owning the items AND equipping them.

And while I understand keeping the severely undergeared out of HHoR, I should still be able to do the heroics that I was eligible before the patch.

EDIT: your method is working now. I bought a 213 frost resist vest and a Titansteel Destroyer. I'm not going to equip them. Just gonna sell them once I no longer need them!

HOWEVER: I'd appreciate some documentation from Blizzard every time they change anything that could potentially affect everyone.
    Last edited by Verdris; 2010-11-29 at 11:28 PM.

BoA gear used to be treated as ilvl 187 blues, but now it seems like they are being treated as ilvl 1..

Just remember to roll need on heirloom slots before you're 80.