Poll: Do you think Demon Hunters will be the next Hero Class in the expansion after Cata?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The old gods do not work with the Legion.
    Thats not all that true.

The OG helped summon the legion into azeroth before. also the Nightmare summoned demons of the legion into the dream.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted
    i can see the next classes to have 1 or 2 healing trees, 1 for direct healing and another for hots or something
    no demon hunters, because a demon hunter is right between a warrior and a rogue, and there is no need for something like that, and also, a demon hunter hunts demons...i cant really see a classe that makes a living killing demons do anyother stuff! and when the next xpac hits, demon hunters will no longer have anything to do because the next xpac might not have nothing to do with demons

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really really really hoping for DHs! But, I seriously doubt it.
    The trademark of DHs are the twin blades they use. Hard to implement.

And Blizzard proved with cataclysm that they can still suprise us.
    They got the skills, brains and trickery to do it.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    I'm really really really hoping for DHs! But, I seriously doubt it.
    The trademark of DHs are the twin blades they use. Hard to implement.

And Blizzard proved with cataclysm that they can still suprise us.
    They got the skills, brains and trickery to do it.

@Unline part

are you forgetting Death Knight's RUNEBLADES

cough"mace"cough
    cough"normal weapons"cough

Demon Hunters from the preview, appear to be a Shapeshifter/Caster Tank/Melee dps

aka a Druid without a healing tree

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hordie View Post
    i can see the next classes to have 1 or 2 healing trees, 1 for direct healing and another for hots or something
    no demon hunters, because a demon hunter is right between a warrior and a rogue, and there is no need for something like that, and also, a demon hunter hunts demons...i cant really see a classe that makes a living killing demons do anyother stuff! and when the next xpac hits, demon hunters will no longer have anything to do because the next xpac might not have nothing to do with demons
    No Demon Hunters hunt Demons, Undead as a specialty. Paladins also fit that agenda.
    Demon Hunters fit into the Dream Xpac, in which the nightmare will return with the naga queen controlling it. (pure speculation)
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

the idea is cool, if they didnt already have a class that changed into a demon, and was based on the whole demon theme.

they are already having trouble with coming up with new ideas w/o recycling abilities or spells that other classes have. i dont see the implementation of a new class that is very warlock/paladin/rogue esque to be a good thing, and didn't they already do this with dks by fusing locks with plate?
    Last edited by painweaver; 2010-11-30 at 12:55 AM.

Now that we have goblins on the horde side to mirror the gnome's engineering skills I would love to see something like the Tinker from WC3.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    the idea is cool, if they didnt already have a class that changed into a demon, and was based on the whole demon theme.

they are already having trouble with coming up with new ideas w/o recycling abilities or spells that other classes have. i dont see the implementation of a new class that is very warlock/paladin/rogue esque to be a good thing, and didn't they already do this with dks by fusing locks with plate?
    I disagree, as you can see in CAT, many classes gained to mechanic for combat.
    Iam sure Blizzard can come up with something new.

I made a Demon Hunter class that functions different from other classes as well. So it can be done.

Also Demon Hunters could be a dark shapeshifter. Warlocks only have a short lousy version similar to how some Death Knight spells were given to the Lock.

DH may have longer forms and more forms to choose from.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

I would love to see a class that uses thrown weapons as its main dps source....right now they are really just a rogue stat stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    i doubt it. I think blizz wants to stay at 10 classes, which is a nice number to work with. Demon hunters would not be able to be healers.
    I agree that staying with 10 classes would be best but I disagree with them not being able to heal. There could be a ritual-type spec that when you do damage you build up something like rage or runic power and it only goes toward your healing spells (there are healing classes like this in warhammer).

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    I disagree, as you can see in CAT, many classes gained to mechanic for combat.
    Iam sure Blizzard can come up with something new.

I made a Demon Hunter class that functions different from other classes as well. So it can be done.

Also Demon Hunters could be a dark shapeshifter. Warlocks only have a short lousy version similar to how some Death Knight spells were given to the Lock.

DH may have longer forms and more forms to choose from.
    not more forms but a form that changes a bit based on their spec.
    and their primary resource will be a rage/runic power hybrid, but with a massively deeper pooling and more extreme costs for their fel spells/strikes that generated by their auto attacks and their haste reduced CD strikes.
    and a second resource that builds to 100 then they transform into their spec based demon form.

Thats not all that true.

The OG helped summon the legion into azeroth before. also the Nightmare summoned demons of the legion into the dream.
    The old gods have used many beings over the course of their existence. This does not mean that all of a race or faction serve them because a few choose (or are forced) to.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The old gods have used many beings over the course of their existence. This does not mean that all of a race or faction serve them because a few choose (or are forced) to.
    I never said that. u did
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

I thought the same thing with that quest, although I could see them renaming Demon Hunter to something else, like Demon Stalker or something, since two classes with Hunter in the name would get a tad confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    wheres the option that says just "no"

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

10+ Year Old Account
    this happening wouldn't even be a big deal, because hero classes aren't even truly hero classes anymore. look what happened to the death knight. it went from being an overpowered (as intended) HERO class, to just another regular class added and nerfed to hell for balancing purposes.

the reality is that true hero classes cannot be added to wow b/c they would simply break the game by:

1) making all other classes obsolete
    and
    2) the fact that everyone would reroll only those classes, killing the 'world' in world of warcraft.

demon hunter class happening is inevitable, i think.
    Stormbringer Guild of Khadgar -- Join Now!
    www.stormbringer.guildzilla.com

I still go for pirate

Quote Originally Posted by BrotheerDog View Post
    I've read somewhere that the next exp will have 2 new Hero-classes. DemonHunter would've been awesome, but since DK is melee, they will more likely be ranged and/or casters. Most likely candidates would be one based on Vol'jin & Maiev as ShadowHunter & Warden seem like 2 different builds of the same class. Plus maybe a "Keeper of the Grove" type of class from Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring working together to fix Deathwing's rampage on Azeroth. Plus Emerald Dream connections and all that. Just more likley possibilities. But whose to say that blizz won't go with "Pink fluffy Unicorns dancing on Rainbows"?
    Keeper of the Grove is basically a druid. If they were to make a keeper of the grove it'd be awfully hard seeing as all its abilities from WC3 are now in a druid's spellbook. And if the next class can't be melee, I highly doubt it'd be a warden...WC3 says it's melee. Demon Hunters according to Diablo 3 are ranged which wouldnt be bad, because it would give another class to compete with hunters over ranged weps. But I really don't see them ever creating a demon hunter class, because much like the Keeper of the Grove(druid) it's abilities from lore and WC3 have been taken and put into current classes. Although a Demon hunter's abilities were put into multiple classes unlike the KotG. Metamorphosis - lock, mana burn - priest, evasiveness - rogue. Immolate is the only thing we haven't seen incorporated yet unless I just can't think of it right now or it's incorporated in a lock's metamorphosis.
    Last edited by Painne; 2010-11-30 at 02:01 AM.

Imo my concept of a demon hunter is a counter attacker that uses combos and a Rage like system called momentum

I never said that. u did
    You seem to believe that an old god would summon enough demons within the Emerald Nightmare to justify the emergence of demon hunters as players.

And even if the old gods could/would summon so many demons, that scenario still makes no sense. Demon hunters defending the Emerald Dream?