I started leveling a pally because I was getting completely destroyed in BGs as Disc.

I have been taking a break from healing in PVP (and PVP in general because I kind of lost the point of it so close to the expansion) but decided to respec my Holy PVE spec to PVP oriented Disc healing to have a little fun during the pre-expansion duldrums. Anyways the first thing I noticed is that I'm REALLY squishy now. I die so fast it's not even funny... or FUN. I have about 1200 resilience (no wrathful gear it's all relentless because I'm not blowing points on gear that'll be outdated in a week) with PVP weapons equipped.

I'm getting killed before I can get a single heal off... flash or penance doesn't matter they don't finish either way. I'm experiencing tons of pushback and my shields.... we'll they're a joke! I reforged for mastery on every piece of gear I could. My tooltip shows my shields should absorb around 9k damage... which I find hard to believe because they're nuked with what seems to be a white hit auto attack.

Anyways.. I started leveling a Holy Paladin because they seem (from watching afar) to be more akin to the style healing I used to do on my Disc priest of the old days.

Any tips on what I can do to revive my interest in my priest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for 85. I can do a LvB, chain lightning, and an earth shock (with 9 LS stacks ) and kill a priest with 1200 resillience easily. At 85 everything should be correct and people shouldn't be 1 shotting anyone.

Stick with priest i mained a priest the first half of wrath and switched to a pallie to heal for the second half for guild needs and it was a regretful decision.