10+ Year Old Account

addon to display your target's range?

hi, does anyone know if theres an addon that shows you the range between you and your target?
    or even better, an addon that turns your target's frame red/grey/whatever when he is out of range.

thanks.

as a hunter I use RangeDisplay , it has target, focus and pet range displays

15+ Year Old Account
    it is posable to check if a target is in range for you spells but i think its not posable to the the actual range between you and your target as you cannot request you targets x,y,z coordinates
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Button icons usually display a red letter (of the keybind associated to the button) when the target is out of range for that ability.

Other than that, i know Ice Hud has a built in range display.

15+ Year Old Account
    crange2 used to do this, but I believe patch 4.0.1 broke this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zshadeslayer View Post
    as a hunter I use RangeDisplay , it has target, focus and pet range displays

this add-on still works

10+ Year Old Account
    XPerl unitframes has an option to put an icon on the unitframe of your target when they are 30 or more yards away, however if you aren't already using this addon, switching something as big as your unitframes isn't worth it.

As Elunedra said, it is not possible to get the actual range, however the range-finding addons that exist all check to see if various spells (based on your class) and things like inspect are within range to use to get a "range" of ranges, i.e. it might tell you that the target is 20-40yds away if your class doesn't have any ability with a range between 20 and 40 yards.

I use Redrange it will make all your spell/ability buttons red if target is out of range.
    My Armory - Tenzi

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ but the addon is called GreenRange i believe