Deleted

Multiproccing rapture post 4.0.3a

Since the shattering i've not been able to get multiple (simultaneous) rapture procs. The only change regarding rapture that i've read about was the cooldown increase to 12 sec. Hence, i'm wondering: Did i miss something? Did it get stealthnerfed? Or is it still working like it always has?

Deleted
    wasnt it a bug in the 1st place? about time it got fixed :P

Pretty sure with patch 4.0.1 it no longer granted multiple procs, but the CD was reduced to 6 seconds. It's now back to 12 seconds and no longer grants multiple procs so yes, you could say it's a nerph.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was still working in 4.0.3 on LK on infests for multiple procs at the same time...but it has been seriously nerfed now compared to what it was before the shattering. It was borderline OP but the multiple proc was never stated as a bug.

@codemonkey Your inner troll is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    What troll? It was a bug in the first place, but they decided not to fix it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    It was still working in 4.0.3 on LK on infests for multiple procs at the same time...but it has been seriously nerfed now compared to what it was before the shattering. It was borderline OP but the multiple proc was never stated as a bug.

what your not allowed to post anything without being called a troll, get a grip please... by that standards your post was trolling as well - "still working, been seriously nerfed compared to before" what does it even mean, they either happen or not, or are you syaing they happen whenever they wish to - sometimes yes, sometimes no, that surely doesnt feel intended to me.

and yeah it was a bug or a glitch that never got fixed, plus in the end of the day you wont be spamming shields for much longer anyways
    Last edited by mmocb54cd3e45a; 2010-11-30 at 07:02 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    rapture used to proc if lots of shields broke at the same time or within a couple secs of each other etc,, at times id get like 10-18k mana back in one hit depending what i was shielding (i.e infest before the buff) but now as far as im aware it only procs off one shield being broke which is the idea behind archangel.. rapture no longer gives multiple procs for mana back so you have to use attonement/archangel to get ya mana back,, which rocks btw
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

There have always been people that go around saying multi rapture procs at the same time was a "bug." If indeed it was a bug and not how Blizzard intended it to work, they could have fixed it any time they wanted to. They could disable the whole rapture mana return mechanic as well (Ex. General Vezax). Unless you have seen a blue post stating it was not working as intended previously (multiple procs at the same time), quit spreading misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    but now as far as im aware it only procs off one shield being broke which is the idea behind archangel.. rapture no longer gives multiple procs for mana back so you have to use attonement/archangel to get ya mana back,, which rocks btw
    I'm not a huge fan of using EV/AA for the mana return. It works and it does return mana, but the change in mana % returned right before 4.0.3a hit nearly makes it cost mana to get your 5xSmite and release. It works for grinding out 5 mans and significantly overgearing content, but I haven't found that EV/AA/Atonement works that well in competitive raiding :-/ personal opinion though, maybe its just not my style after the patch.

Didn't mean to derail.. discuss on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliahna View Post
    There have always been people that go around saying multi rapture procs at the same time was a "bug." If indeed it was a bug and not how Blizzard intended it to work, they could have fixed it any time they wanted to. They could disable the whole rapture mana return mechanic as well (Ex. General Vezax). Unless you have seen a blue post stating it was not working as intended previously (multiple procs at the same time), quit spreading misinformation.
    Under the old form, it may as well have been a bug, but not noticably requiring a fix thanks to all healers quickly outgearing the need for regen.

It may have very well been toted as unintended, and the code to resolve micro-second events simultaneously, and limit a response to it, could very well be new to the code.

Either way, with Blizzard saying it has a 12 second cooldown implies it has a single effect, every 12 seconds, and in a world where mana matters this "creative use of game mechanics" comes to a close.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I agree Kelesti. I actually haven't played disc since the latest patch to see if multiple rapture procs at the same time is possible. Some in this thread are saying it is, some are saying it isn't.

In the past though, I have actively searched to see of this effect was called a bug by Blizzard, or if they stated anywhere that multiple procs at the same time was something they didn't like and wanted to fix. I couldn't find anything. My guess would be that prior to Infest on LK, there were few enough boss mechanics in the game like Stomp, that really allowed taking advantage of this "effect" in any considerable way. It was really a non-issue, or at least not a big enough one to warrant much attention.

I also firmly believe that Blizzard was fully aware of this "effect" and knew that it was widely used by good disc priests on the Lich King encounter. So, I go back to the fact that if they didn't want it to work that way they could have easily fixed it. But until I actually see Blizzard call it a "bug" I am not going to call it one.
    Last edited by Aliahna; 2010-11-30 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    rapture used to proc if lots of shields broke at the same time or within a couple secs of each other etc,, at times id get like 10-18k mana back in one hit depending what i was shielding (i.e infest before the buff) but now as far as im aware it only procs off one shield being broke which is the idea behind archangel.. rapture no longer gives multiple procs for mana back so you have to use attonement/archangel to get ya mana back,, which rocks btw
    Consuming your atonement stacks only grants 5% mana, which is more or less what you're actually going to spend casting the smites. It's really just there so you aren't hurting the raid by throwing some DPS, and the heals via atonement are actually pretty nice @85.

I thought you weren't even breaking even at 85 with Smite/Evangelism?

I always figured this use of Rapture was a "bug" but there were very few things in the game that could break enough shields at once to make it OP, so it just never got fixed. Since they want mana to be the limiting factor yet again, it seems that they're saying nono to Discs trying to sap back like 15k mana in one second

Deleted
    Thanks for the clarification, it seems indeed then that rapture has been "fixed". What struck me as odd is that rapture only got changed in the latest patch (4.0.3a), while the systems patches (4.0.1 and 4.0.3) left the old behavior in tact.

Deleted
    I want original rapture back.

Mana return on every penance tick was too fun, actually casting heals to regen more mana than they cost, insane!

Multi proccing current rapture was never going to make it into cata healing philosophy, otherwise there would be little sense in not sticking to shield spam once you could predict damage well enough.