Most effective way too level Gathering Proffesion (Herb)

Hello. I just started leveling my first alt in a long time because of the new revamped zones, and i was wondering, in what way do u think it will be most effective, leveling your gathering skill, when u level up or when u hit max lvl and just farm it? The reason i ask is that ive constantly outlvl my area where i got the skill for herbing and it hard catching up all the time.

In what way do u lvl it ???

Thanks

Be a druid, get fast flying + azeroth flying and soar like an eagle.. (druids dont have to deshift form to gather herbs and thus win, hands down).

Powerlevelling it when you're maxed out with a flying mount is fastest for sure.
    On the other hand, if you herb everything you find everywhere as you level, you'll make a whole lot more money. Many lowbie herbs, leathers and rocks are worth tons more than the newest ones.

I usually follow the second one, I'm never in a hurry to max the characters anyway, and it's nice to make more money than you need whenever you level an alt, instead of sending from the main to get dualspec/mounts/random shiny crap/etc.

Deleted
    While leveling up I try to catch as much point as possible but dont force it to reach allways the appropriate level. I only make 2 gathering brakes at 58 to catch up with the bc content and at 68 for wraith, therefore you can get at least some points in the "new" zones and You just dont rant about not able to skin mine or collect the things you see. I allways level with either mining or herbalism and skinnig and it worked fine for me.

Dont try to catch up all the time just take those two breaks it will only prolong your level up time by about 2hr.

Since you now get experience for herbing, I find it useful to herb my way to 80.

My druid alt was stuck on lvl 74 (epic flightform) and yesterday, I herbed a level in under two hours. I really can't remember anymore how fast leveling while questing is in Northrend, but I was pleasantly surprised to see my bar fill so fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
    HA! I have to admit I only play WoW for the homoerotic innuendoes

Thanks everyone for helping gonna try drood advise

@Hansi It give good xp yes, but i really wanna do all the new quest instead, and also northrend give 20% more xp now

Helpful to get the gather enchant on your gloves also for +5 to all gathering skills.

I level all my alts gathering as they level. First it really pisses off level 80's in the zone trying to gather for money, second I get nice xp from it, and lastly it makes me a nice chunk of change. I mainly do it to piss off level 80's; nothing like seeing nerd raging over a liferoot or mithril node because you beat them to it.

Are you a dps? If yes... powerlevel it later.
    You´ll have plenty of time waiting for queue LFG.

I got my epic flyer, it was supe reasy to level 1-300. collected all the mats 1-450 for alchemy then dropped herb for skinning to level 1-450 for LW... and save those mats for alchemist/Lwer

i use wow-professions.com for routes for herb and it was spot on

Gathermate2 or Gatherer in conjunction with Routes

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Gathermate2 or Gatherer in conjunction with Routes
    I've actually written a nice tutorial on how to set those 2 addons up to work together;
    gobbspots.blogspot.com/2011/01/using-gathermate2-in-conjunction-with.html

Quote Originally Posted by Baelzibub View Post
    Be a druid, get fast flying + azeroth flying and soar like an eagle.. (druids dont have to deshift form to gather herbs and thus win, hands down).
    Also, be a tauren.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

wow-professions.com, follow the guides on here and you can't fail, is noobie proof. You can also google this wow-professions it will be the first link.