Deleted

Post Discovering Cata dungeons

hay as i can recall in the beta, when you wanted to go to a dungeon you had to discover it first, which was very annoying having to drop all the quests you are doing in that zone to waste about 30mins - 1hour flying to the dungeon. Does anyone know if you will still have to do this

thnx

Dosnt seem so in live. At least not in the "old/new" world. But I dont know about the lvl 80+ content

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you will have to discover all of the new dungeons.

Blues fixed a bug where you had to in Northrend dungeons, but i believe in Cataclysm, you will have to visit the dungeon once to be able to enter it. There are quests though that will lead you there (such as a teleport quest to BRC the first time)

What i want to know, is what constitutes a "discovery". I recently ran to BRC in Blackrock mountain since it is already implemented, just cant enter it. When i got near it said "Discovered: Blackrock Caverns Entrance". Does this mean i can queue for it as soon as cata ships? or do i need to physically step into the instance to "discover" it for queue'ing
    Tank Extraordinaire

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    In Beta, you just had to get the discovery that you got. I haven't heard that officially though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    What i want to know, is what constitutes a "discovery". I recently ran to BRC in Blackrock mountain since it is already implemented, just cant enter it. When i got near it said "Discovered: Blackrock Caverns Entrance". Does this mean i can queue for it as soon as cata ships? or do i need to physically step into the instance to "discover" it for queue'ing
    I was interested in this question as well. Thanks to DonnieBaker for chipping in his experience. Can anyone else confirm this?

actually? currently you can discover BRC right now i just did that. i also think grim batol is discoverable.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    Blues fixed a bug where you had to in Northrend dungeons, but i believe in Cataclysm, you will have to visit the dungeon once to be able to enter it. There are quests though that will lead you there (such as a teleport quest to BRC the first time)

I am pretty sure this is correct. I've read that you will need to discover it first, and what you described should be enough. ALSO, I have read that the dungeon will not be aviable under dungeon finder tunil lvl 83, but this seems incorrect on many levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good thing. I was a beta tester and when we would wipe sometimes people didn't know how to get back to the dungeons. Real pain in the butt. Just flyup to the area until you get the "Discovered (cata dungeon name)" and you are good to go.

I thought it was just based on finding the entrance to the dungeon? Mainly so people didn't get lost, emo and ultimately drop group when they couldn't find it.

It's a good thing though. I once spent 20 minutes trying to show someone how to get into BRS.
    What wet dreams are made of!

I'm not looking forward to having to have to discover them all but I have some friends that got into the beta that offered to show me where they are.

You still have to find them on live but the new dungeons all have quests leading you to the instance for the first time. So it shouldn't be a huge deal for you or a long time to figure out were they are.
    Net+, A+, MCDST, Security+, CCNA, BASc