Random Dungeons at the beginning of Cataclysm

Hi,

A question for the personn we got an acess at the beta:

After the release of Cataclysm, at the lvl 80 when you are queuing for a random dungeon, you are going to do only BRC or you will have the heroics of WTLK as well?

Thanks

Well you would sign up for the Cata normal queue and not the Wotlk Hc queue
    Quote Originally Posted by XaCez
    You base your performance on GS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wichowe View Post
    Hi,

A question for the personn we got an acess at the beta:

After the release of Cataclysm, at the lvl 80 when you are queuing for a random dungeon, you are going to do only BRC or you will have the heroics of WTLK as well?

Thanks
    You'll need to discover the instances to be able to sign in. Just like the WotLK dungeon finder bug a week ago (or so), but that got hotfixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Atone View Post
    Well you would sign up for the Cata normal queue and not the Wotlk Hc queue
    All Wotlk instances are a sub category of Wrath of the Lich King. Cataclysm will be the same : ).

No point in doing Wrath heroics after Tuesday, unless you're going back to get achievements you missed. Why do an ICC 5-man for 232s when you can do normal Blackrock Caverns/Throne of the Tides for 279s? Besides, nobody is going to be queuing for old content when they have new content right in front of them.

As far as I´ve seen on beta, if you go dungeons that are not for your lvl you dont get xp.
    e.g. if you go a 80-81 dungeon and you´re 82 then you wont get any xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    You'll need to discover the instances to be able to sign in. Just like the WotLK dungeon finder bug a week ago (or so), but that got hotfixed.
    Is this really true? On the "bug" i didn't have to discover the instances to join the random instance, that was only when i wanted to choose for a specific instance. So the question still remains for me, do you have to discover the instance to join the random normal cata dungeon?

Deleted
    On my last tries before I made a premade on the beta, you needed to discover the entrance AND have specific gear ilvl ( you needed full questgear from cata or you couldnt even queue, icc gear is offc enough...).

ps: and I approve this system! No "where do I enter" after a whipe, and no undergeared which nerfs the complete group (specialy if its the tank or healer)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rea View Post
    Is this really true? On the "bug" i didn't have to discover the instances to join the random instance, that was only when i wanted to choose for a specific instance. So the question still remains for me, do you have to discover the instance to join the random normal cata dungeon?
    Yes you have to discover them (even though it's normals). When I tried to queue up for a random HC (/normal), I got Stratholme and Stratholme were the only one I had discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Yes you have to discover them (even though it's normals). When I tried to queue up for a random HC (/normal), I got Stratholme and Stratholme were the only one I had discovered.
    Strange, i didn't got that problem. I got nothing discovered and could get on any hc instance, but only when i choose for the random one.

I don't remember that you can select Cataclysm/Lick kink Dungeon so it was a dumb question ... My bad

Deleted
    Hi...has anyone checked out how much XP will be awarded for ICC10...like clearing the thrash up to Marrowgar ?

I didnt play Cata-Beta so i dont know...

Cheers!

Am i the only one who see's this as an annoyance ?

I'm just talking about Blackrock Caverns.

They expect people to fly/zep to Blackrock mountain to discover it and then back to their city? That's quite a bit of flight time wasted which could be better put to beating the masses in the quest zones.

I thought about chain queueing as a tank, but then I realized I'd probably keep getting grouped with idiots and wipe more than it's worth.

Unless you have a solid group of 5 guildies who understand the instance, I wouldn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I thought about chain queueing as a tank, but then I realized I'd probably keep getting grouped with idiots and wipe more than it's worth.

Unless you have a solid group of 5 guildies who understand the instance, I wouldn't bother.
    This, 500 times this

That and once I understood each of the bosses' mechanics, I'd have to explain it every single time I did a run :P