Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    give somebody a finger and they will take the whole arm... tststs

Quote Originally Posted by SiNz View Post
    You basically get given Cataclysm 2 wks before official launch, and you still find stuff to whinge about...

Ghostcrawler must have an awesome therapist to deal with all you idiotic players :S (I presume he's still incharge of PR, If not you have another thing to whinge about <.<).
    whinge.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrafragen View Post
    where be this pet? i want

Withers. You can purchase him in a cave in Darkshire. He's a quest mob for Alliance, which is how they obtain the pet. We can buy him for 80s. Warcraftpets.com will tell you all you need to know. However, it seems to be having issues at the moment. :x So: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=33980#comments

Here.

Anyway. I believe there is way too much overthinking going on about this pet and holiday thing, honestly.
    Axetoface.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Remember the 3rd year anniversary gift?

How about the 2nd? Or the first?

Just because we got a mini-pet 2 years in a row, and then didn't get one, doesn't mean wow is going 'downhill'.

Oh, and we got the Shattering for the 6th year Anniversary.

I do love the "They gave it to me twice, now they owe me a third!", though.
    its called operant conditioning...

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    sky = falling
    Lelouch is right, nobody is going to play this game in a years time - so they will shutdown the servers next xmas. because - nobody likes to play without toy presents

Okay let me try to give you an argument for why not.

First off, brewfest mug, lets say certain achievements were made to FoS and now everybody have tonsloads. Why add so many more for useless ****. Is it a Feat you get a mug for being online? No we did get one this years anniversary, which I think is is enough. I can go down to understanding why they didnt just create it for flavour, like I've got all four now woohoo (personal opinion not anymore FoS for World-events every year).
    If you actually want the brewfest mug for pure vanity reasons, and not just for the FoS. Then I would understand you to a certain degree, however since this is a low part of the playerbase who does that I doubt (You can prove me wrong). And for not getting a FoS for it, well I think theres too many like scrubby brewfest around which are not feasts (Christmas present etc.). For me the anniversary is enough (And I'm even an achievement hunter).

Our 5 years anniversary pet, well didn't we just get the whole shattering for free? Didn't we get tons of flavours there have nothing to do with this game (Yes I look at PvG now, Can list many more). Also there is enough pets out there for you to survive not to have one (the highest pet achievement requires 75, I've got over 105 I think and I haven't bought any). Also agian you are not entitled for that pet, it was something they did to be more nice (You could say for not providing some as a huge like reshaping whole EK and kalimdor). The 4 Anniversary, we got a pet, the 5th we did get a pet, and a redone oldschool raid for fun.

But really think about the flavour stuff they have given us in 4,0,3a. I for one wouldn't complain, if you will, do so. But dont fill me with **** like the game is going down because of it. If it ruins your game, quit, if not play and stop finding every little reason to hate it.

My words.
    Last edited by Slanyou; 2010-11-30 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    You did not get the shattering for free! You paid for it, wake up, and you are going to pay for the expansion, the whole point of this debate is the fact that blizzard is not doing the little things anymore like they were, this whole year has been a let down when it comes to special events, and most of you probably do not understand because you haven't played long enough to know about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementlawl View Post
    Elementlawl's post.
    This made me laugh pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    You kids defending blizzard here are actually quite insane, let people expect a non combat pet on the anniversaries. It's not like a corporation deserves gifts on an anniversary of their success, they owe that success to their customers which is why they have previously given them something.
    I was thinking this exact same thing while reading some of the replies.

A corporation's anniversary isn't like that of your parent's wedding, or your own marriage. When corporations have anniversaries, the people who get bonuses are the people who put money and time into the creation and sustaining of it. (That would be us.)

Also, Cata being released on the 6th anniversary cannot be considered the bonus for sticking with the company for 6 years. The free stuff that's being released with this expansion is less for our personal pleasure and Blizz's charity than it is about not splitting their game between people with/without the expansion. If they were to just split us up, they would likely lose money.

Finally, Blizzard is in no way obligated to give our the bonuses for the 6th anniversary. They are obviously busy with this new expansion and that's a legit enough reason not to spend even a small amount of effort on a vanity item which will only be obtainable for about 5 days. It is a calculated risk where they believe that they will obtain more players by spending all their time on lasting changes rather than the addition of said 6th anniversary bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Finalwish View Post
    Yeah WoW is dieing because you didnt get a gift for their birthday.

Man you kids are needy. its THEIR anniversary. Why don't you give them a gift?
    Obviously have not played any other mmo...

I really don't care that they aren't giving out a gift. Would I like one? Sure! Am I going to cry about it? I'll try not to!

Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    he elemental invasion left no real item behind, the epic drops were bracers/ necklacess / and other items with no visual appeal, however, the shield was there, and it was the only one, but my first thoughts on first hearing about the drops was, what awesome looking items would i get.
    The elemental invasion was part of the biggest visual appeal yet. The world you are playing in today. Quit ur twining and give blizzard some credit. While they're working their arses off on the latest wow expansion and you're going to cry over a little pet? Seriously? Play the damn game and quit nit picking

Quote Originally Posted by Slanyou View Post
    Okay let me try to give you an argument for why not.

First off, brewfest mug, lets say certain achievements were made to FoS and now everybody have tonsloads. Why add so many more for useless ****. Is it a Feat you get a mug for being online? No we did get one this years anniversary, which I think is is enough. I can go down to understanding why they didnt just create it for flavour, like I've got all four now woohoo (personal opinion not anymore FoS for World-events every year).
    If you actually want the brewfest mug for pure vanity reasons, and not just for the FoS. Then I would understand you to a certain degree, however since this is a low part of the playerbase who does that I doubt (You can prove me wrong). And for not getting a FoS for it, well I think theres too many like scrubby brewfest around which are not feasts (Christmas present etc.). For me the anniversary is enough (And I'm even an achievement hunter).

Our 5 years anniversary pet, well didn't we just get the whole shattering for free? Didn't we get tons of flavours there have nothing to do with this game (Yes I look at PvG now, Can list many more). Also there is enough pets out there for you to survive not to have one (the highest pet achievement requires 75, I've got over 105 I think and I haven't bought any). Also agian you are not entitled for that pet, it was something they did to be more nice (You could say for not providing some as a huge like reshaping whole EK and kalimdor). The 4 Anniversary, we got a pet, the 5th we did get a pet, and a redone oldschool raid for fun.

But really think about the flavour stuff they have given us in 4,0,3a. I for one wouldn't complain, if you will, do so. But dont fill me with **** like the game is going down because of it. If it ruins your game, quit, if not play and stop finding every little reason to hate it.

My words.
    For once someone posting something reasonable. I see how when i wrote "6th Anniversary a sign WoW is going down hill?" as a title, people took it as, ALL of WoW is going to crash and burn because these pets = WoW's Achilles heel. I just meant that its going down hill for the collector's and such. I'm just the type of person to hold onto these items forever, even the note you can take from the mail.
    And as for the shattering being our gift makes me lol. As someone else posted, somewhere around 75% quit WoW before level 10, because it was boring. Of course they're going to do something to fix that, it wasn't OUR gift, it was an attempt to keep new players. Not that I'm not amazed by these changes, I love my new character and the leveling Ive done on it, Ive even got some of the new pets. I just love to have items that i can wear/have to remind me of all the good times WoW has given me, and if they choose to stop making those small sentimental items, such as tabard of the protector/hantedmomento/ect, then thats ok. Im just stating that its more than likely something people like me should stop looking forward to. I just don't see how people can call me a spoiled brat / little kid. Everyone has hobbies / interests, these sentimental items are just one of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    With brewfest's lack of a mug, which was one of the easiest things they could add, and no pet for this years anniversary, am i the only one that thinks WoW is going to be more about money than giving out small sentimental items? I know blizzard doesn't HAVE to give these things out, but a big part of the player base enjoys collecting such items, a good example if this is right will be this Christmas, if they just have the event repeat itself. another thing i noticed, the elemental invasion left no real item behind, the epic drops were bracers/ necklacess / and other items with no visual appeal, however, the shield was there, and it was the only one, but my first thoughts on first hearing about the drops was, what awesome looking items would i get.

To sum it all up, Im well aware that blizzard doesn't have to do these things, but its nice. It seems like they bailed on giving us a gift, so more people would buy one from the pet store.

EDIT: I dont know if people are not reading my post, and just blindly treating this as one of the many crying threads. When i mean going down hill, its not like im saying, ZOMG PET NOAW OR NO MOAR SUBS FOR WOW SO IT DIE LULZ. More like, somethings are so easy to add in, why not do it? Its just stating that the sentimental items I look forward to every year / expansion, is more than likely not going to happen.
    My mommy used to throw me a birthday party every year with hats and balloons. Then one birthday there was no hat or balloons. Clearly my mommy stopped loving me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    My mommy used to throw me a birthday party every year with hats and balloons. Then one birthday there was no hat or balloons. Clearly my mommy stopped loving me.
    I have bad news for you, she never did.