Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I dont see why everyone is upset over the anni.

I get it the last 2 years we have been given pets so its just something you expect.
    but with the biggest expansion coming out, I think we're fine if we dont have one pet.
    and its not like they havent introduced new pets in the game,
    There are about 7 or 8 new pets in game and you have the 2 that cost 10$. but one is for make a wish so before you say they could have used that time for a anniversary pet, dont, I think they always had another pet planed for the make a wish.
    I'd prefer a pet that can help someone or something out then a pet you get for just playing the game for an x amount of time
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

Idea #1: Let's post my point of view on the anniversary into one of the tens of the existing threads.
    Idea #2: Let's create another thread on this, creating even more mess.

Hmm, Idea #1 would keep the forums more clean but Idea #2 gets me more attention.. #2 it is then!

10+ Year Old Account
    I made this on my ipod and can only see the 1st page of threads, I didn't see anything about the anniversary.
    get over it
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

Yet you have no problem seeing how everyone is upset over the anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by Chikko View Post
    I get it the last 2 years we have been given pets so its just something you expect.
    but with the biggest expansion coming out, I think we're fine if we dont have one pet.
    and its not like they havent introduced new pets in the game,
    There are about 7 or 8 new pets in game and you have the 2 that cost 10$. but one is for make a wish so before you say they could have used that time for a anniversary pet, dont, I think they always had another pet planed for the make a wish.
    I'd prefer a pet that can help someone or something out then a pet you get for just playing the game for an x amount of time
    They don't put out make-a-wish pets to be charitable. If they did, they'd remain charity pets, rather than changing them after a month or two.

Personally, I don't care about pets, but I can see how some people might feel shafted. We waited way too long for an expansion, which while having some great aspects to it already, demonstrated again that Blizzard fails to live up to it's promises. We were promised that the wait would be worth it. People are getting tired of the politician-like approach Blizzard has with it's customers.

So it's hardly about the pet.
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

10+ Year Old Account
    I was on the blizzard forums not to long ago, I again can only see page on and it was the general forums.
    i thought I'd come here and ask why everyones getting upset.
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no...No pet for me?
    The sky is falling... no wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyrch View Post
    They don't put out make-a-wish pets to be charitable. If they did, they'd remain charity pets, rather than changing them after a month or two.

Personally, I don't care about pets, but I can see how some people might feel shafted. We waited way too long for an expansion, which while having some great aspects to it already, demonstrated again that Blizzard fails to live up to it's promises. We were promised that the wait would be worth it. People are getting tired of the politician-like approach Blizzard has with it's customers.

So it's hardly about the pet.
    i know its partly to make themselves money, last year 1.1million was raised I wonder how much was raised that blizzard kept.
    its a good way to make money while an expansion is coming out too
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

I understand completely why people are furious, sure Cata is a huge undertaking ... but honestly, did you really expect people to NOT be furious? I would like to direct your attention to the Dance Studio that still does not exist in game and was promised with Wrath. People are STILL flipping out over that. They will until its added into game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I find the whole pets thing a total disgrace - while it's great that charities will benefit, its equally despicable that Blizzard are pocketing a huge profit out of this too, essentially profiting off the back of a charity. They know fine that the donations to charity will only result in more purchases.

i know its partly to make themselves money, last year 1.1million was raised I wonder how much was raised that blizzard kept.
    The other 1.1 million since they donated 50%?

I don't care about a pet this year, I mean, they completely redid the old world, good enough for me

50% went to charity, so umm... 1.1 million in profit?

Why did you make this thread again?

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I understand completely why people are furious, sure Cata is a huge undertaking ... but honestly, did you really expect people to NOT be furious? I would like to direct your attention to the Dance Studio that still does not exist in game and was promised with Wrath. People are STILL flipping out over that. They will until its added into game.
    Until it is added to the game? Oh no, they will continue - if it isn't "we waited x years for this crappy Dance Studio?" it'll be "Blizz catering to the QQ again and just had to push the Dance Studio out the door, i'm leaving this kiddy game."

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think it's bad in anyway, 4th anniversary it was cause they had tested their phasing technology and they wanted too be kind (so I heard) and 5th anniversary, well it's a big milestone and next will be 10th and also, Blizzard could just have made the pet and sold them WITHOUT giving anything to charity and noone would complain and now people complain cause they only give 50%? That is very much!
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I find the whole pets thing a total disgrace - while it's great that charities will benefit, its equally despicable that Blizzard are pocketing a huge profit out of this too, essentially profiting off the back of a charity. They know fine that the donations to charity will only result in more purchases.
    Not really. People would buy the pet anyway.

But you're right, it's pretty despicable of Blizzard to raise millions of dollars to help kids with fucking cancer.

Deleted
    I dont give a damn bout the pet. Anyway im not using my 30 pets at all so who cares...

10+ Year Old Account
    People are mad because they had some perfectly good pets made but they chose to sell them rather than give one of them as a gift.

Yeah sure, we didn't get a gift for the 1-3 anniversary, but generally as a game like WoW gets older it tends to get better (compare Molten Core to Bastion of Twilight).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    But you're right, it's pretty despicable of Blizzard to raise millions of dollars to help kids with fucking cancer.
    I know right? I'm still buying my Lil' Ragnaros because I'll be helping little k- OWAAAAAAIIIIIIT.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-11-30 at 12:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    Yet you have no problem seeing how everyone is upset over the anniversary?
    honestly who cares, anyways i agree with OP a non combat int nessacary ever anni especially when blizzards has had such a load on their hands the past month with the shattering an expansion being release in a few days and come that all the bugs and nerfing and buffing to come, i think blizzard has enough on their hands at the moment, just be glad blizzar is doing all this for you, what would u rather a pet or expansion?

The people who are mad are also the ones who are retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    honestly who cares
    I think it's been established that a lot of people fucking care.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    And when it is added they'll find something to flipp out over. Your can't please people, at least not wow players.
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I saw a tauren rolling on mail gear once and when I asked him, he said it was better than what he was wearing.
    Can you believe that? A cow wearing clothes? Ridiculous..