Deleted

AB after midnight on the 29th, rolling into 30th november

am i totaly just imagining things, or has arcane blast been nerfed silently over night? id say it was needed mind you, but it defo feels like im doing less damage today than i was doing yestardy.

or am i just imagining things, like the voices in my head.

Deleted
    Imagination.

It was changed with the shattering

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    But it now cost less and casts faster so although it dose less damage you end up either about the same dps as before or a little higher/lower a lot of people after reading the patch notes thought it was a nerf but not exactly

the shattering patch notes on arcane mage

# Arcane Blast now increases damage of the next Arcane Blast by 10% per stack, down from 20%, reduces cast time by 0.1 seconds per stack, and increases the mana cost by 150%, down from 175%. In addition, the base cast time of Arcane Blast has been lowered to 2.35 seconds.
    # Arcane Explosion now costs 15% of base mana, down from 18%.
    # Arcane Missiles damage has been increased by 5%.
    Arcane

* Arcane Barrage damage has been increased by 5% and its cooldown is now 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds.
    * Arcane Concentration: Now has a much higher chance (13/27/40%) of entering a Clearcasting state. This effect cannot occur more than once every 15 seconds. The tooltip still states that there is a 3/6/10% chance, as it averages out to approximately the same chance with the internal cooldown applied.
    * Arcane Specialization again increases arcane damage by 25%.

Althire

Your imagination working against you! They nerfed AB on 4.0.1a

Hmm is Onyxia Deep Breathing more often now?

Quote Originally Posted by shadet View Post
    Hmm is Onyxia Deep Breathing more often now?
    You just need more dots.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    You just need more dots.
    More Dots! More Dots!

NO MORE DOTS!

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    you just need more dots.
    stop dots

thats a 50dkp minus!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Lokann so much for the Sig.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not noticing a difference on my mage, The damage was lowered a slight ammount, but with each cast it now casts faster so my overall DPS is about the same, if not higher from chain casting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    It was changed with the shattering
    The shattering wasn't between 29th and 30th November tho.

But nov Mage armor doesn`t work as should... Especially in PVP, Druid silence you for 10 sec !?!?! other caster for FULL 8 sec even if you have Mage armor on you.
    And as arcane spec you are OOM sooo fast )) but anyway, too much nerf... I bet mage armor doesn`t work at all ATM , just glyph help you that 20% mana back.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 01:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by torrok View Post
    I'm not noticing a difference on my mage, The damage was lowered a slight ammount, but with each cast it now casts faster so my overall DPS is about the same, if not higher from chain casting.
    Same here, DPS is pretty same but like triple faster going OOM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paopao View Post
    But nov Mage armor doesn`t work as should... Especially in PVP, Druid silence you for 10 sec !?!?! other caster for FULL 8 sec even if you have Mage armor on you.
    And as arcane spec you are OOM sooo fast )) but anyway, too much nerf... I bet mage armor doesn`t work at all ATM , just glyph help you that 20% mana back.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 01:44 AM ----------

Same here, DPS is pretty same but like triple faster going OOM.
    Not if you know the rotations and phases you dont go oom fast tbh

You'll notice you're hitting for less, but casting faster as a 4 stack will reduce casting time by .4 seconds. Theoretically it was a buff to Arcane, however the way it's panned out is only a 1-2% DPS loss for the vast majority of players I've seen.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

I have seen a dps boost. So by far AB hasn't been nerfed. I was pulling 18k dps in 25 mans pre this change to AB. Then our guild called a break till cata so we could get our 10 man drakes(since shared lockouts put us on a break) and i was pulling 18k-19k in 10 mans no problems. So if you know what your doing as a mage its a buff not a nerf and you wont go oom again if you know what your doing.