Less-Rabi as a Hunter

Completed 10 of the achievements I needed for Glory of the Hero last night, but the one we didn't get was Less-Rabi. We had the DPS -- dead in 12 seconds. But the 1st interrupt didn't work. I wasn't part of the interrupt rotation scheme since we had a DK and a Druid, but I'm wondering if I could have been. So, two questions:

1) Anyone know if Silencing Shot still (as of 4.0.3a) interrupts Moorabi's casting? Can it be cast prior to Moorabi's casting to delay it for 3 seconds?
    2) Does the Moth (Serenity Dust), Gorilla (Pummel) or Nether Ray (Nether Shock) interrupt abilities work on Moorabi?

Thanks
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

For whichever reason, Intimidation used to interrupt the casting. I'm not sure if it still does post 4.0.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

1) No idea
    2) Yes they can interrupt him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

get 4 dps and a tank
    zerg it
    ????
    profit
    (that worked in ulduar days already, maybe even in naxx idk, never tried)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    For whichever reason, Intimidation used to interrupt the casting. I'm not sure if it still does post 4.0.
    Sounds like a possibility if I go in BM instead of Marks. Hmmm ... I think I would still go Marks, tho, because of Readiness (so I could get two Silencing Shots off if I needed to rather than one Intimidation*).

*Presuming they both work
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2010-11-30 at 01:04 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    get 4 dps and a tank
    zerg it
    ????
    profit
    (that worked in ulduar days already, maybe even in naxx idk, never tried)
    Better yet, get 5DPS and zerg it.
    You'll kill him so fast that 1) You don't need a tank, and 2) He'll only be able to attempt the cast once.

can u just get a moonkin to put solar beam on him and zerg it? i did this a few weeks ago on my druid in a random pug with sum terrible dps, 2 dps were below 3k. solar beam lasts 10 secs, i only used it when he was about half thru the first cast.

but im not entirely sure if that was what got us thru it, also had a pally and warrior trying to interrupt. but wasnt expecting it get it with that terrible dps at all.

Tested 2 after 4.0.1.
    Silencing shot does work, and I got the achievement at Buu@Quel'Dorei, by using it twice in the fight, since MM hunters can refresh the cooldowns.
    BUT intimidation doesn't work anymore. I left it auto-shotting, in the first, more slow cast, and clicked Intimidation the faster I could, and it seemed to land before the cast completed, but Mosrabi transformed anyway.
    About the pets abilities. Well, never tried as they NOT appear to me as very reliable clicks on the short time we have.
    Last edited by Buu; 2010-11-30 at 01:30 PM.

Gang: I know how to zerg Moorabi. I'm just asking if a Hunter can bring something besides DPS to the party (hence why I not only posted it in the Hunter forum, I put "as a Hunter" in the thread title).

@Buu: Thanks for the info on Silencing Shot. I think when we try tonight I'll bring a moth also and try that first, since off the three pets and silencing shot, it has the longest duration (4 secs).

If the pet interrupt is an interrupt and not a silence then yes, it will work. The first time I ever got the achievement was because my girlfriend was using her Fel Hunter with the interrupt on auto-cast. The 3rd cast always seemed to occur right after the knockdown he does and her Fel Hunter didn't really seem to give a fuck and interrupted him anyways. Not sure if it still works though, as the last time I legitimately did it without a lucky zerg was when Wrath first came out.

Just get a boomkin in your group and get them to use solarbeam or whatever it is, that works.

Just get a group with some proper DPS going. I did it back in the Naxx-days and it was kinda "zergable", although you did need some interrupting. Boosted a few guildies about a month ago and we downed it in 6 seconds and no interrupts were needed.

So just get a few good players together, and if you think you really need the interrupts despite good DPS, bring a Boomkin.

i heard shammies work real well too as they can spam interrupts. if your dps is very high, you have to start spamming interrupts (or solar beam) as he will almost instacast one before he goes down.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I got it was 5 DPS wearing 264 or better gear.

AKA, we just zerged him before he got through his first transformation. Bloodlust, cooldowns, etc.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Solar beam sounds like a pretty stupid proof plan to me.

I liked being part of a 4 dk + enhancement shaman group on this fight.

44 ghouls + 2 ghost wolves + 2 elementals + 5 guys all with blood lust.

10+ Year Old Account
    have done les rabi in random grp 2 times this week, when i'm (dk blood tank) is the only 1 interupting 1 time =P its not a hard achive

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Completed 10 of the achievements I needed for Glory of the Hero last night, but the one we didn't get was Less-Rabi. We had the DPS -- dead in 12 seconds. But the 1st interrupt didn't work. I wasn't part of the interrupt rotation scheme since we had a DK and a Druid, but I'm wondering if I could have been. So, two questions:

1) Anyone know if Silencing Shot still (as of 4.0.3a) interrupts Moorabi's casting? Can it be cast prior to Moorabi's casting to delay it for 3 seconds?
    2) Does the Moth (Serenity Dust), Gorilla (Pummel) or Nether Ray (Nether Shock) interrupt abilities work on Moorabi?

Thanks
    This is how i did it:

Myself (paladin tank) 3 mages and a shaman. We had the shaman use fire elemental and blood lust. All mages used mirror image and what ever cooldowns they had and we nuked him before he even casted transform.

Deleted
    with icc gear u just need 1 kick, not more