Deleted

Cataclysm Countdown timer @ front page

Share your opinion for placing countdown timer on front page of mmo-champion, since the last week is already ticking away I would suggest a countdown timer will heat up people as the time shortens. I'm thinking of either a user time zone specific counter, or like a series of clocks showing 3 Australian (?), 3 European and 3 American (?) time zones. Tell me what do you think about it.

To be honest, and this is no offense to MMO-Champion, but there is enough static content on the front page, even if it would only be temporary. There are an array of desktop gadgets out there if you use a recent version of windows that will allow you to do a countdown if you so desire, there is no need to add more stuff to the front page.

Edit: After a quick search I found a specific desktop gadget for Cataclysm countdown. I won't link it here as I cannot guarentee any sort of security associated with the site i ended up on but you should be able to find it easily enough.
    Last edited by Mondroc; 2010-11-30 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    My idea was about the "togetherness" of such centralized solution. The idea was: ok I go to this community site and I see a clock ticking away... simultaneously with hundreds or thousands of people who like the same game as I do... wow... that's huge. To have a desktop widget is the same like sitting home alone watching the clock approaching midnight on new year's eve compared to counting down among thousands other people under fireworks and stuff... makes the whole party lot merrier (save if you live in the far Sibir ofc ) ... but hey web site's header is limited space... so prolly you're right after all was just an idea

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have both an App for my Itouch and a mental clock in my head counting down the SECOND to the midnight release im going to be at.

Think they did this before for something..... can't remember blizzcon or something. just required more scrolling. I'll probably be doing something else rather than watching a timer while I wait for Cata to be released. probably playing WoW.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Knowing how to Google "4.3 Shadow spec" doesn't automatically make you a better player.