Enhancement resources management ?

Almost every single class in WoW has one or more resources they have manage in order to optimize DPS. Retris have Holy Power, Wars have rage, Rogues and feral have combo points and energy, DK have runes and runic power, Shadow Priests have shadow orbs, most casters have to watch there mana now, especially Arcane mage, Balance druids have eclipse, etc. Enhancement shaman have none. Our mana never runs out ,our spells cost next to nothing and we don't have any other mechanics to watch for. I'm not saying that i dont like the fact that we no longer have to worry about mana, it's just that i don't quite understand why?
    Retribution paladins are very similar to us, they have very small mana pools, spells are very cheep and there mana regen mechanic makes sure they never run out.I remember a Q&A at BlizzCon, when the guys from Blizz where asked why did Paladins receive Holy Power and they answered : we feel that Paladins need a resource to manage. So the question is: why not enhancement to?

Deleted
    Most likely: Takes too much time to develop.

If rogues have to manage the combo points, we have to manage the searing stacks. Learn when to cast fire shock to a mob so the searing totem starts targeting it so we can switch and do damage right away to that target and so that the totem doesn't waste some charges on some target we aren't going to attack.

For boss fights this is pointless and we don't have to do any management unless we are casting heals like in that air part of H Blood Queen.

Ok, sorry but i am getting some rage here. First we complain that we don't get mana, then about primal wisdom being too weak, then that we get it in higher levels through the talent tree and that it's too important to miss out. Now we complain about it being ok. You should never, ever, put the enha rotation next to that of pre-patch retlols. Truth is our priority list, or rotation whichever you prefer, has gotten easier, and less smashy yet we had a rotation to begin with. Now retribution needed this change, something to clear out retris from retlols. /nerdrage
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

I wouldn't necessarily consider Combo points a 'resource'. If that is the case, then Enhancement Shaman have 'Searing Flames' and 'Maelstrom Weapon' to watch as well. People may not like it or think it is interesting, but saying that there is nothing to watch is either an oversight or blatantly incorrect.

what radux said. msw and sf could be considered recources as well. if only we had more control over them...
    msw procs not frequent enough, and is a ppm
    sf is completely reliant on a dumb totem which will always shoot once every 1.8 seconds, never more/less

they should make searing flames a fully fledged recource system, but well... not gonna happen. enh community is mostly not liking it, but blizz is so fond of the mechanic, nothing's gonna change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would say that maelstrom weapon and searing flames are comparable to holy power mechanics. One gets gained by using abilities ours get gained over time. So we are both proc based classes for that matter, as holy power isn't more then that nor are those other classes you listed.

Also just because we can faceroll doesn't mean that's a viable method, we'll need to play properly to do any decent amount of damage.

Neither retribution or Enhancement have to watch their mana anymore. So that's a none issue.

We also have to manage totems, imbues, and lightning shield. I know that LS is almost permanent now, and that our imbues last 30 minutes...but you have to keep an eye on both. Totems I think are pretty much self-explanatory.

Why would I want something more to manage? I have my hands full most of the time getting Searing Totem to behave itself. For some reason, it doesn't seem to like to shoot dragons which makes attending a RS Heroic run all types of fun.

We have currently have plenty of resources to manage. We have to keep our totems in place. We have stacks for both Maelstrom and Searing Flames. We have to watch mana, if forced out of melee range. We have sheilds, if not glyphed. We have, for lack of a better term, a shock rotation to keep straight. Finally, we have weapon imbues to keep refreshed.

No, we don't have a flashy mechanic like holy power. But, saying that we have nothing to manage is short sighted. While I don't think our current setup is perfect, it is a far better system than having our entire mana bar revolving around a well timed Shamanistic Rage.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Amen to that
    Troll Boomkin form = Spicy chicken wings?

I can tell the OP doesn't PvP.

We very much do have a resource system and it is called MANA.

The current Enhancement shaman is very much like a warrior, except that our skills are separated into two categories: primary abilities and secondary ones. Our primary abilities are (more or less) free, and they can be made absolutely free with Shamanistic Rage. Our secondary abilities, like, our healing, are quite expensive. I can cast only a handful of heals (4-8) before running out of mana, unless I am replenishing it by attacking, much the same way a warrior replenishes his rage throgh attacking.

I have many times lost fights because I am out of mana and my opponent has effectively kited me enough that I can't keep my mana up, or because I wasted it overhealing myself or healing at the wrong times.

Also: Holy Power was added for all three specs, not just Ret. The paladin class needed it. Every spec was faceroll and boring.

RE: MSW, ST; the former is a target-independent combo system and the latter is a target-dependent combo system. The only thing Blizzard could do better here is offer us better stock UI - their built in power auras were a start. I've heard rogues cry about combo points for years, claiming that combo points should be on the rogue, not the target so they aren't penalized in mutli-mob fights as much. Well, that's us, guys. And our MSW "finishers" are instant, free, and ranged. Believe me, rogues are jealous of those aspects.
    Last edited by TecPontificates; 2010-12-01 at 06:16 PM.

Our main resource in PvE is cool-downs. I believe GC stated that before and even after the revamp it still holds true. MW, SF, SS debuff, FS ticks. All of these require a management of cooldowns to maximize DPS. We're not like other classes than can just say do ____ ____ then fill in gaps/dump <insert resource> with ____. We don't have anything close to a set rotation instead we have a several skills that play off each other and we often have to make a choice between Hitting LL, LB, or SS and that choice matters. Warriors have rage and rogues/ferals have energy but none of their rotations is so complex that they have to worry about resource juggling while playing. Someone has already figured out the optimum rotation for managing that resource so after that it becomes more of a DPS restriction than actually managing a resource and if for some reason it gets unbalanced warrior and rogues will probably get a nerf but you're not likely to ever see a nerf to Enh Shaman mana regen because that's not our DPS restriction, it's cool-downs.
    Last edited by XemnasXD; 2010-12-01 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Rogue: Sinister Strike spam to 5 CP, hit finisher.

Enh Sham: Every melee ability to 5 MW, hit Lightning Bolt.

Seems like Enh has a resource to me. I wouldn't count Searing Flames though because we don't need to do anything to make it stack besides babysitting its retarded AI.

Searing Flames and Maelstrom Weapon are both resources that require management.

Same thing as any other class using combo points or a similar mechanism.

Also the fact we have to keep our other spells like weap imbues, shields and totems up.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

We have to manage Totems, Imbues, Shields and various Procs. I think that's more than enough stuff.
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman