Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Super awesome post! I'll be trying to get all this gear by Tuesday when my guild starts raiding again

Thanks for the post, I was hoping to find a list of things to work towards. Are there any note-worthy tailoring pieces?

Deleted
    Im using emberfire gloves, bracers and boots just trying to get into heroic dungeons.

Question

Tried to download the sheet and said "Forbidden", same with the option "Open". I was logged into a google account.

I just saw Wand of Dark Worship drop in heroic Stonecore as an ilvl-316-item. I don't think there's actually a heroic version out there, although wowhead says otherwise.

Why did you pick Waist: Stratosphere Belt - Vortex Pinnacle - Grand Vizier Ertan over Evelyn's Belt? More hit on it from the spirit, and haste>mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Here's the sheet I made, it's gotten a bit out of hand with everything and there are a few problems but if should give you a rough idea about the stats and hitcap

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7Q...uthkey=CN-hnUo

Known problems are:

You can select any enchant for any slot, they are labeled for each but you'll have to be careful what you pick, the same goes for gems.

The socket bonus is applied even if the sockets are empty but it will break if you put the wrong gem in. If you fill every socket (regardless of colour) you'll get the right figures, if you leave a socket blank that stats will be wrong by the socket bonus.

If you choose a stat to reforge and don't select what you want to change it into you'll lose that value from the grand total, so always remember to choose something if you reforge.
    Mooboy, thanks for the spreadsheet. Very useful, I've been making my own and yours has helped me spot a couple of errors. One thing I'd like you to clarify if possible, your sheet seems to indicate that you can reforge stats provided by gems and enchants, am I reading this right and if so, does reforging actually work like that? Many thanks.

I'm not a SP, but I like your post anyways. Thumbs up

thank you for compiling this list, its a big help!

Deleted
    seeing so much haste i already disagree, hf with the oomness

Quote Originally Posted by Aylea View Post
    seeing so much haste i already disagree, hf with the oomness
    This doesnt make much sense since the only spell that would possibly run us oom faster with is MF, all other spells keep the same duration (at breakpoints)/have the same CD.

Question about gemming - for pieces where the reward is something like more spirit (like Dolomite Adorned Gloves) - I'm assuming Brilliant Inferno Ruby (+40 int) is still the gem to use, correct?

is this updated???

Deleted
    I've updated the sheet!!

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7Q...CNe_74kJ&hl=en

Should now work out Gems correctly (so if you leave a socket blank you don't get the socket bonus)
    Has TONS more gear added!
    Reforging now only looks at the stats on the main items (doesn't include enchants + gems)
    Each type of item (Head, Neck, Rings etc. etc) has it's own tab, they're hidden buy you can easily unhide them to add anything new or items I've missed.
    I've added a calculation for Haste, Crit and SP to go with the hit calc, I think they're right I stole to conversion %'s from EJ :P

You can still choose the wrong enchant for the wrong slot, so don't do that! and you can probably add Meta gems to every socket / cog slot so don't do that either.

Anyway, it's just a slightly expanded view of what you can do and what you're stats will look like with some of the gear that's out there. I hope it helps

if you socket like that, the meta will be inactive...

needs more blue then red ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    What's the worst thing about playing a Paladin?
    Having to tell your parents that you're gay.

I'm curious about the BiS belt you have listed in OP. I'm currently wearing Beauty's Silken Ribbon and wonder why I would give up the haste for mastery...as far as I've heard, read, and am still hearing, mastery is balls for spriests... >< Anyone care to shed some light on why this belt shown in OP would be BiS?

Quote Originally Posted by Paincakes View Post
    I'm curious about the BiS belt you have listed in OP. I'm currently wearing Beauty's Silken Ribbon and wonder why I would give up the haste for mastery...as far as I've heard, read, and am still hearing, mastery is balls for spriests... >< Anyone care to shed some light on why this belt shown in OP would be BiS?
    Your belt is better that listed on the OP. While his list is not without error it is a good blueprint. We are the same as we were in WOLK, Secondary stat weight is hit/spirit to cap>Haste>Crit/Mastery. There is no real difference between having more mastery or crit, just make sure you are hit capped, haste on everything possible.

Made the following BIS lists when I thought I was ready for raiding but realised I still needed another 10% hit rating. I've since noticed the odd error, such as the missing engineering helm, etc, and I don't plan on updating it as I no longer need it myself, but perhaps it'll help someone else. It does not include BoE raid-level gear that may appear on the AH.

Without Hit/Spirit

From heroics

Non-heroic items (and better than above):

Rings (in order of preference):

All above assumes that you will reforge in the following priority:

1. Hit/Spirit to Haste
    2. Hit/Spirit to Crit
    3. Hit/Spirit to Mastery
    4. Mastery to Haste
    5. Mastery to Crit
    6. Crit to Haste

With Hit/Spirit

Obviously you cannot have best-in-slot items in every socket as most of them don't improve your hit rating. You need a total of 1742 hit or spirit (1639 for Draenei) to reach the 17% hit cap. The following represent the best items in each slot that contain some hit or spirit. By best I don't necessarily mean they contain the most hit/spirit, but that they include some hit/spirit while also offering the best return over other items in each slot that also contain hit/spirit.

Ideally you need to select what you can from this list to get you near the hit cap, then fill your other slots from the list above. You can reach the cap through reforging.

From heroics

Non-heroic items (and better than above):

Rings (in order of preference):

Trinkets

To help with hit rating.

Tagged. Lost this post once, won't lose it again.

@Hoddie- You listed hit slippers as an item without hit/spirit. Also, the epic tailor leggings should be listed. They have crit/haste on them. Can't recall their name though.

I also keep this thread bookmarked to look at my options as I finish gearing up.
    Last edited by Xelestial; 2011-01-08 at 08:03 PM.

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."