Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    #5 very easy, i sat in org for 3 hours and no horde ever attacked me, some ever fished next to me.
    #4 also easy, i did this by myself just running in the room dying, find a good spot to rez not next to the boss and shoot him.
    #3 only hard because its in different battleground zones. its easy if you tell the group that your doing it. or even make a guild group.
    #2 just takes some time.
    #1 impossible to now get.
    This article fails
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Terrible terrible. Also for the AQ gate, was it really just 16,800 carapace fragments? I thought it was 42,000 O:

And you know that the article writer is just Jelly and butthurt with his ending:

The rest of us just go, "Oh, that's interesting," and then go have sex.
    Yeah... to even need to point out that he is sexually active, in an article on a MMO... how pathetic.

Some people take a ridiculous amount of offense to this. That rather surprises me. Hell I've gone for the "It's been a long strange trip" achievement for some time now, and I don't particularly get offended to his harassing.

A lot depends on the server you're on. Fucking impossible to do #5 on my server.
    #3 I've never managed to get.
    #2 You literally have to be bonkers to go for this title. So much gold, soooooo much time, all for a title. Hell they should give these Insane people a mount that looks like it is out of a Doctor Seuss book, more power to them for finding the time.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

Deleted
    sry...but that are lol-achievements. nothing really hard

Fail article is fail...

"Pointless"? Hard Knocks isn't pointless... Its "Mandatory", for any self-respecting WoW player who is going for the Violet Proto-Drake... And it wasn't hard at all, I got that 2 years ago <_<

Scarab Lord wasn't that hard, it became a joke when people would transfer to new realms and bang the gong. Thats why Blizz got rid of it, now its impossible.

As for Insane, it took HOURS of insane mindless grinding, probably the ONLY one on that list that deserves to be there. "Pointless"? Debateable, unless you consider one of the hardest to get/unique titles in the game pointless/pointful.

I've caught Ironjaw (or whatever the one in IF is). I was watching a movie while fishing, waiting for the elemental invasion to unglitch...

The writer of the Article clearly doesn't understand Acheivements, the reasons to get them, nor the difficulty of them...-.- The writer probably hasn't even played WoW.>_<

Quote Originally Posted by Kawakazi View Post
    Kingslayer achievments should be on there for pointlessness.
    more like the obamacare method of everyone that has a pulse can have achieve/title

And I hate how the writer said that WoW puns and pop culture references were "Terrible"...
    Those are my favorite part of WoW. <_<

You can't honestly look at the Cata Raid achieves and not see the awesome references, from Nietzsche to Shakespeare to Internet Memes...

10+ Year Old Account
    So getting the title means you can walk around cities with people whispering to each other, "That guy is a Scarab Lord. There's only like one per server!" and then some of those people might care.

I'm really sick and tired of this. First of all, if you take pride and fulfillment from fucking girls, then you're in no goddamn position to judge how others receive their's.
    Second of all, that generalisation is so overused it's bordering on cliché and is extremely repetitive.
    Thirdly, having a scarab lord title shows that you were chosen to receive the benefit of the guild's work as a whole, you need to be a respected contributing member to even be considered for such an honour, if anything having the scarab lord title is a testament to either your prowess in guild management, or your ability to excell at what you set your mind to while retaining good personal relationships with your teammates.
    Fourthly, it's an ignorant, insecure, pathetic thing to say, and you have no reason to consider yourself superior in any way, quite the opposite in fact.

For this and other reasons, the author fails. People get on their high horse and preach about prejudice and generalisations all the time, what fucking hypocrites to then turn around and say something like this. I say that because it's not just him, there seems to be some "acceptable" forms of insulting generalisations amongst even the mmo-champ community, and this is one of the most popular things people like to say about hardcore raiders.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    ...having the scarab lord title is a testament to either your prowess...
    "it became a joke when people would transfer to new realms and bang the gong. Thats why Blizz got rid of it, now its impossible".

Whenever I see someone with it, I assume they were just one of those douchy few who transfered realms to easily snag this bad boy... Had I known about it, or had the money at the time I would have done the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Badreligion View Post
    #4.BB King
    #3.School of Hard Knocks

How the hell are these hard? I really disagree with this article.
    Agreed

The writer of that article has a screw loose, Scarab Lord at number one?
    Shouldnt even be on the list because its impossible to get, i would consider hard to get at least doable.

45 Exalted reps, Loremaster, Maradon (Because the place is a fucking maze)
    These are harder than half the list yet not even mentioned...

Deleted
    I enjoyed reading it :<

To me it sounds like it took the authot of this article many hours to do either of those achievements and being butthurt he decided to stylishly go emo about it. Seriously, this "the rest of us will go have sex" is so lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    How the freakin hell is Scarab Lord pointless?

You get one of the rarest/best titls and mounts in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So getting the title means you can walk around cities with people whispering to each other, "That guy is a Scarab Lord. There's only like one per server!" and then some of those people might care.

Best part of that whole article

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomin View Post
    If you're getting one-shot by a guard, you really, REALLY should quit the game.
    I disagree with the article too. The new level 85 guards will cut you down fast tho.

The article is so awful. The holiday achievements school of hard knocks and BB king are fun and extremely easy. Holidays have gotten so much more interesting since achievements were added. Blizz's pop culture references are usually extremely awesome if not worth at least a chuckle. The three other achievements listed are far from pointless and are actually quite awesome. The author clearly has never played WoW (or any other achievement oriented game for that matter) and is in general unfunny and wrong. And no, I have no problem with people making fun of WoW or WoW players but you can at least be funny and not resort to talking about how WoW players never have sex, the most stale and frequently used stereotype ever.

edit
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18