Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Just getting back into the game...

Hey everyone
    I am recently (yesterday) returning to the game and am completely lost. Im playing a paladin and am looking to go mainly ret pvp but also have a prot pvp spec.
    Im just looking for some info on- Specs, proper rotations, what seal to use, glyphs, etc... for both specs. Any info would be amazing, thanks for the help.

I have a paladin myself but i havnt played on him since well the big talent change but http://elitistjerks.com/f76/ is where you'll want to go for help.

Edit: My bad, didnt notice the pvp..... :P Cant rlly help you on that, sorry.

Ronark's Patch 4.0.1 PvE ret to do list would be a good start.

And as posted above me, elitist jerks is the place you want to end up on. The place where everything about PvE ret paladins will be said and included.

For starters: We now have an interrupt: Rebuke. /cheer
    Resilience got buffed and is now insanely good.
    Crusader strike generates 1 holy power per use and is now the focal point of your moves.
    The basic 'rotation' is CS -- > Filler --> CS --> Filler -->CS --> Finisher (word of glory or templar's verdict)
    Avenging wrath allows you to use Hammer of Wrath regardless of enemy health.
    Art of War only allows exorcism now, but makes it hit like a truck.
    Your dispel doesn't clear magic effects, but does clear one snare or slow per use.
    Judgement grants movespeed.

The best way to kill someone as ret is the following:
    Play defensively for a long time.
    When you get Art of War procced and Hand of Light procced, build to 3 holy power, pop Avenging wrath!
    Then: Hammer-->Exo-->TV-->TV-->Hammer

The rest of the time, while playing defensively, it is almost always to your advantage to use Word of Glory with your three holy power instead of sitting on them waiting for procs.

TV unless you're going to kill is rarely ever a good idea!

Any questions?

Hopefully towelliee will be by soon to tell you how to protret effectively.
    Last edited by Brashara; 2010-11-30 at 03:40 PM.

Even I can say thanks Brashara, but I must ask.... How are pally's doing in pvp now? I usually just pvp on my dk. It seems the pallys i run across arn't geard or cant play and i just end up steam rollin them. Any1 cared to give insight from the pallys view?

Its... hard. Thats basically all there is to it. That being said I killed mages and feral druids, but I really have to focus and some beat me, but they're definitely just better at PvP than me.

If your procs line up, you can destroy ANYONE. Hands down. But thats a rare occurrence and some classes can survive. The real challenge is surviving until that moment and putting out enough pressure that you can force them to have already used everything that could save themselves before it happens.

I find the best way to do that is the following:
    HoJ at the start before most players have everything rolling and just pop them. Feel free to use zealotry at this time. Don't roll any other CDs and just try to beat them down. HoJ will be up before your procs line up.

Rebuke a lot. Rebuke everything. On shadow priests, I rebuke their shadow spells. I rebuke frost bolt. Just keep rebuking every spell you can.
    Try not to rebuke things like fire from ele shamans, etc. But seriously interrupt everything.

Remember that 10k damage from TV is much less useful than 10k healing from WoG.

Oh, there's reforging now. I'm not sure what he best stat is to reforge to, but I like mastery a lot for PvP, even if its awful for PvE. Remember that your mastery proc will give you a free TV or a free Word of Glory.
    Last edited by Brashara; 2010-11-30 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typos.

Alright thanks, Im not geard at all on him. Was just rlly curious. I'll get on him later and see how it goes.

I found to reforge for mastery the best reforge-to stat in PvP. I love the spam of hand of light.