Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It is released at 12:01AM US PST, doesn't matter where you live, it's your exact time compared to 12:01AM US PST. Release date doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around Blizzard Entertainment in Cali.

Oops, someone already posted this. I still can't understand why people are so naive or don't want to spend an extra braincell to analyze the situation. It's all common sense

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    And this is your defense for a topic that is already (for some reason) highly confusing for some people, has been asked and answered over nine thousand times, and attempts to present the following as fact:

"It does not matter where you are in the world or when you get the game, it all revolves around Blizzard doin their thing in Cali."

When in fact, it ABSOLUTELY matters where you are in the world.
    You're wrong. Stop, think, and repost.
    Last edited by jho369; 2010-11-30 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jho369 View Post
    It is released at 12:01AM US PST, doesn't matter where you live, it's your exact time compared to 12:01AM US PST. Release date doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around Blizzard Entertainment in Cali.

Oops, someone already posted this. I still can't understand why people are so naive or don't want to spend an extra braincell to analyze the situation. It's all common sense

NO Jho369 you are wrong AND Trolling.

In the US the release time is 12.01 PST. In the EU its 12.01 CET which is 9 hours BEFORE the US release. Servers in the EU are based in Paris and NOT in California. This has been asked and answered 100 times, and clarified by Blue EU posters. If you continue to troll by posting false info I'll simply hand out an infraction. You have been warned.

Actually, it does matter where you live. If someone in Denmark wants to play wow its not based off what happens at Blizzard Entertainment in Cali. Its based off of CET in Europe and will be released at 12:01 for them. Im thinking you should take your own advice and stop, think and repost.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

If there was a God, and if He played WoW, and if He were to read this, He would have killed an unimaginable number of kittens, puppies, and other cute furry animals.

If you think your gonna play at 12:01am when an xpac is released your in for a big surprise....

I don't think I'll bother with playing at midnight, being on a high population realm means I'll have to fight for mobs, item spawns (go go collect berries, poop etc) plus the restarts etc. I'll play when I wake up.

Unless you play on European realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keify View Post
    If you think your gonna play at 12:01am when an xpac is released your in for a big surprise....
    Indeed server crashes/huge lag in over crowded areas, people going on mass killing sprees on PvP realms, people parking their mounts on top of quest givers etc etc are all very likely.

Never had this problem with WOTLK release; went smooth as butter.

Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
    Never had this problem with WOTLK release; went smooth as butter.
    I dont know where you were then. The severs were down till like 5 - 6 in the afternoon... then when you got on it was massive lag.

I dont know where you were then. The severs were down till like 5 - 6 in the afternoon... then when you got on it was massive lag.
    Nope, all went fine on my server. Stayed up all night/morning, dropped my son off to class, came home and played some more the rest of the day.

probably indicative of MOST servers, but not all. I believe my server did not suffer too badly from lag/DCs the day of release. i wasn't on until 5 am PST, but it was smooth sailing from there.

and back to my previous question, the consensus seems to be then that "hopefully" Blizzard flips the switch and its a green light at 12 AM? I have never been on the day (and moment of) that a holiday starts so i did not know that the decorations just appear without a server restart. Very nice indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    11pm on monday for me.

Hoho.
    Same for me waheyyy.

EU is great! 23:01 I think it is? Which is about 5ish in the US on the monday?

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 06:56 PM ----------

P.S. I thought there was a blizz quote which said it was as simple as 'Pulling a Lever' or something
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    ... people parking their mounts on top of quest givers...
    That's actually what concerns me the most atm. I noticed that for the recent elemental invasion quests Blizzard gave (some/all?) the NPCs collision. It felt odd when I ran into the NPC and got stopped lol, but I was thankful that they saw the issue and fixed it. I'm hoping that they do this for the NPCs around SW/Org and possibly some of the starting areas for a few days or weeks.