15+ Year Old Account

Searching wait time.

Hi folks.

I've been doing searches for information and questions I have about Cata. The problem I'm having is I can only search once every 60 seconds. If I do a search and get the wrong results I have to sit there and count down before I can search again.

I understand that it's probably to keep the site running smoothly, but is there a way users of a higher rank could maybe get this time reduced to 20 seconds? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Hi folks.

I've been doing searches for information and questions I have about Cata. The problem I'm having is I can only search once every 60 seconds. If I do a search and get the wrong results I have to sit there and count down before I can search again.

I understand that it's probably to keep the site running smoothly, but is there a way users of a higher rank could maybe get this time reduced to 20 seconds? Just a thought.
    Great suggestion, but would probably take some time implementing like all other stuff (I'm not sure if VBulletin has the search timer as a permission on rank basis). I'm sure it'll be read by someone important (I might have linked the thread in IRC).

Just a little thing; if you start your search string with site:mmo-champion.com in Google, and then the search string you would normally search for on MMO-champion after the "site:mmo-champion.com", you usually get the same-ish results, without additional waiting times. Example.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2010-11-30 at 09:04 PM.

I'd suppose it's not to keep things run smoothly, but as to protect from bot attacks.

Kudos for searching instead of making a new topic.

What the guy above me said, and reduced to 30 sec to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Nifty. Any chance that this also reduced the time between sending PMs and reporting posts down to 30 seconds, as well?

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Thanks! I suppose during a busy time such as a patch or content release you could bump it back up. Keep up the good work!