Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    If you didn't want this to happen, you shouldn't play on a PvP server.
    If you go to wowprogress.com and check server rankings, you'll find that the 27 best servers (based on guild progress in pve-content) are pvp-servers. There are reasons for pve-players to be on pvp-servers.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Grats on feeding the gankers/trolls

OT: I gank because I assume everyone that I gank is the same person as that lvl 80 rogue thats ganks me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrow Stilborne View Post
    Sometimes, you little buggers ask for it. If you run around Gadgetzan with PvP on, regardless of whether you just try to kill other low levels through the guards or came out of a WSG, I'm still going to throw a Living Bomb on you and giggle with Invisibility on.
    Why does reading this remind me of, "Well, the way she was dressed, she was obviously looking for it."

Yes, being on a PVP server entails PVP. That much is blatantly obvious to anyone who does it. But I think it's also fair to assume that being on a PVP server instills a belief in players that they will primarily be fighting others of their own level, not people signifigantly higher.

Now, this is purely my own take on things. But from the standpoint of a level 80, when I see a flagged low-level player, I may mess with them a bit. Follow them, emote at them, things like that. Just to let them sweat a bit. But in exchange for antagonizing them, I'll also often help them by finishing off a kill for them when they start it, then wave and ride off. I don't see much of a thrill in killing someone so drastically lower than me in level that I one-shot them.

Looking at it from a leveling perspective, a PVP player understands there are dangers, but should also be able to expect a fighting chance by being able to defend themselves in a fight versus someone they stand a chance against. It may be a PVP server, but they still have to quest and gain levels. Having someone of a severe level difference just destroy you because they can feels almost malicious. If it happens frequently, it begins to interfere with your experience in WoW.

Just my opinion. *shrugs* I don't see how it benefits a high level to kill a low level. If you're any good at PVP, let them level up. When they're at your level, kill them then. It does a much better job of showing them that you're more powerful and more skilled than they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Praey View Post
    I have a 45 druid since the new changes and I have yet to be killed by an 80 but what I have found to be most annoying is 80s in the lowbie zones taking all the quest kills. I don't know if its just me or not but I do not see the point in going back to lowbie zones to do quests on a higher level. I know people do it for the achievements but I'd much rather see the zone on a toon that is level appropriate. I just don't really see the point in going to extremes to get achievements when I could be working through the revamped zone on a new character and their is enough new content there to be able to level a heap of new toons instead of working on one achievement.
    Loremaster/checking out the changes, there are some freaking hilarious quests in most of the zones.
    Not everyone is interested in rolling a new char for that.
    Last edited by mmoc40029967bb; 2010-11-30 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One enjoys killing a low level if it is available to do so, but one does not enjoy it if the roles are in reverse.
    It's not an offence, and there's no consequence.
    My advice to you, roll on a non-pvp server.

(wait, was that... a rhyme?) :O

On the other hand, some of them deserve it. Maybe not by my own hand, but if I'm in a neutral city (Gadgetzan, Ratchet, etc) and I happen to have pvp on, and a low level decides to swing/shoot/throw magic at me... they deserve to be thwarted by the guards due to their own blind stupidity in thinking that they could kill me before I'd noticed. (Not being arrogant here, but a lvl 20 trying to kill a level 80 isn't going to happen quickly)
    Last edited by Shiny; 2010-11-30 at 06:27 PM.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

when this happens i usually just keep going back. they may kill me 1 or 2 more times after that but they get bored and leave. its a good counter to them killing you
    ggg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laid eh View Post
    Its no fun 20+ times sorry, and i have several friends playing on pvp so why not.

Just rather sad when the same rogue kills you when ur trying to do ur thing :/
    Yeah, I agree with you. It is one of the reasons I stopped playing on a pvp server back in vanilla wow. I had a lvl 35 mage, peacefully questing in STV when some rogue decided to go out of their way to camp me. Definitely takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

There was a posted on another thread that said he was trying to provoke world pvp by killing lowbies in a particual zone. That is hardly provocation since with as much pvp as is available right now, rarely epic world pvp battles like those between Tarren Mill and Southshore take place. Since world PvP is pretty much dead, we're left with griefers. I would suggest having your main parked in a zone you quest to scare them off if you can, if not, see if you can have a friend or two to level with who would also park their mains there.

If you make it hard for the griefer to gank you, most times they will move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    If you didn't want this to happen, you shouldn't play on a PvP server.
    This ^

If you don't like the fire, then don't cover yourself in petrol and try to light a cig.

^ Not true sometimes. I play on PvP server because my friends are all there, not much of a choice isnt it? And I cant bring my main to deal with 80 ganking lowbie either since its a healy priest with both pve spec. Oh what pain .....

Well, at least I can gank those around my lvl.. hammer of wrath with wings FTW <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Solution: don't play on a pvp server on low levels.

I started on a pvp server, hated it because of this, and moved to another server.

problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkom of Sacrilege View Post
    Why does reading this remind me of, "Well, the way she was dressed, she was obviously looking for it."

Yes, being on a PVP server entails PVP. That much is blatantly obvious to anyone who does it. But I think it's also fair to assume that being on a PVP server instills a belief in players that they will primarily be fighting others of their own level, not people signifigantly higher.
    This is exactly how it should be... but dumbasses have to ruin everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing that annoys me the most about said thing, is the sheer pointlessness of it all. If you really enjoy walking up to another person and 1shotting em, I reckon you need to get a hobby. It's like visiting preschool just to punch children, why so pointless ?
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Can you honestly say that you never killed a lowbie?
    except the ones getting caught in my fan of knives when fighting, yes i can

i just dont find any point in it at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats better, is fearing lowbies until DR kicks in.. then kill him if the mobs already haven't! I play on a pve server, so flagging is an option though, and if your flagged, in my book your fair game. Why do I gain such pleasure in the agony of others? Well, I don't know, in RL I've always been called too nice for my own good. Maybe it's my own little way of harmlessly lashing out at the world for taking advantage of my nice demeanor? It is interesting though, most people that are actually really nice have this desire to be mean every now and then. Granted, most don't actually act out on it in the real world because when it comes down to it, they don't really want to be mean or spread hurtful feelings, they want the world to be a happy and fun place for all. In a video game, the worst thing your actually doing is frustrating them, perhaps angering them if they take it a bit to seriously, and there is really no reason to get mad. Just remember, it is a game, and you can walk away for a while.

As far as camping a lower level.. I honestly can't say I've ever done that. I know people that have and do, but I just don't find it much fun, especially if the lower level is obviously trying to get away and getting one shotted. In those cases I think it's a case of epeen or the like. It seems to me like they want to assert some sort of level of false dominance. Perhaps it feeds their superiority complex or something.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets see,
    I'm an 80 mage in the best pvp equip honor can buy, went with a friend to the gurubashi arena today to get him the trinket (we has failed) after the arena I was corpse ganked about 8-9 times by a hunter/feral/warrior (at the same time) that were in the arena. I did get a bit frustrated as I couldnt see how they could possibly enjoy this. Anyway after they left I've seen quite a few alliance lowbies running around, didnt touch one. Then went and did some questing. Did I kill that 79 dk trying to solo arena in Icecrown? No I helped him kill the prince or he would have died. Have a killed those dozens 69-73 chars in Borean as I was farming some cooking mats? No. Could some one have judged me after I was repeatedly ganged by alliance the same day and tons of times as I was leveling? No. Was I tempted to vent on them? Oh yes. But I didnt do it anyway because there would be neither fun nor benefit. However if you're 80 its fair game

That's why I play on PvE server... becouse I don't like playing with idiots... I value my gametime (becouse in this case it is my money) and I want to play this game WITH others not AGAINST others... that's why I'm a raider not a pvper...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like being ganked, then go to a PvE server. It's all part of the PvP atmosphere. With that being said, I usually don't gank lowbies unless they gank me while I'm taking on a few npcs and then corpse camp me. That's when I hop on my toon that I parked in that zone and melt their faces. I will corpse camp them till I feel like they finally got the answer. 9/10 times, they'd QQ and make a horde toon and whisper me. Just to curse me out, which I find quite amusing. You're going to attack someone (Which is perfectly fine.) but then corpse camp them. You deserve them to hop on their 80s and murder you till you log.

If it's red, it's dead.

If you get camped go AFK and take a shower or whatever you need to do, you simply throw your schedule around but the camper wastes time :P

This is my completely infallible method for camping immunity...

I leveled my main on a PvP server. I generally tend to not screw with people if they do not screw with me.

But if they start it, no mercy.