Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The mechanic is working precisely as intended on PvP servers - there's no reason to infer that Blizz wants combat to be only or primarily among equal leveled toons on those servers. While outright griefing (camping someone for hours and/or making it a personal attack) is not allowed, killing the same guy multiple times is fine.
    Actually, camping someone for hours is allowed. You need to read the in-game help more. As long as there is a PVP resolution to the "griefing" (in this case, calling on some friends to come help you out would be a PVP resolution), it is 100% allowed.

It's actually a lot easier to grief someone of your own faction (follow them around tagging mobs before they can get em; follow em around and skin their mobs before they can; etc). And no, calling on "Friends" from the other faction to come kill them is not an acceptable resolution to these because there is (theoretically) no cross-faction communication.

If I see someone minding their own business leaving everyone else alone then I leave them alone. I'm not going to bother ganking someone who is a significantly lower level or someone who is just questing/exploring/whatever else and is no threat, there's just no fun in that. However, if someone attacks me or I see someone of the opposite faction initiate an attack against someone else then they are a kill on sight for me.

I just see no fun in killing and or camping lower levels, or putting on full pvp gear and killing people who have none. If I wanted real competition I'd do arena or perhaps a BG, or even a duel if I am bored. It's just not fun to me killing someone who can't fight back. World pvp (in most cases, like the ones I mentioned) seems to have degenerated more to a form of trolling rather than a real competition, in my opinion.

There are some exceptions, such as full scale raids on big cities, where in response the other faction forms a raid and fights back. THAT kind of world pvp is actually spontaneous and fun to me and can present a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by indigosbro View Post
    This has got to be the most annoying topic, if you're going to cry and complain about ganking/being ganked. DO NOT ROLL ON A PVP SERVER. It's as simple as that. If all of your mains are already on a PvP server then don't complain and live with your choice when you first started playing the game.
    Keep in mind that many people (I myself being one of them) rolled on a pvp realm due to having friends that played there who got them into the game. The same is also true for some people who wanted to world pvp who are on a pve realm due to rolling there with friends. The whole "if you don't like pvp, roll on a pve realm" argument only applies if someone who is starting the game has no friends who play and is starting somewhere from scratch. That, or someone who is re-rolling on a new realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sabbath032 View Post
    Why is this even a discussion. If you don't want world PvP don't play on a PvP server.

/facepalm.
    What if you want to world pvp but not be attacked by level 80's when your trying to quest?

Personally I have no problem being killed by someone within the level range of the area which i am leveling but i really hate it when a 80 not only attacks but spawn kills you. There is nothing worse and anyone that actually does kill lower levels is pretty much addicted to RP or just a dick who is terrible at the game.
    Last edited by mmocb49ffbdbbd; 2010-11-30 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played PvP servers all the way until Wrath, but I got bored with the monotonous ganking etc when I all I wanted to do was reach the level cap.

So I'm on a PvE server, which still surprisingly gets some PvP action now and again (World PvP I mean, not BG/Arena).

Either way, I want to play the game in my own style, so I want to PvE/level at certain points, and PvP at certain points now. So I now don't have that issue any more. I can do what I please!
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    I know the feeling, I got ganked a lot too. ( before i started playing on Tenkachii i played a human rogue, i got it to 20 and then the ganking came... I quit it and made a new rogue, An undead One on Darkspear where my irl friends were.) When i got ganked i could do nothing. I simply just logged off and wait for about 15 minutes and log in.

Nowadays if i get ganked by a higher level (I walk with pvp on because i want to pvp, i probably should think about rerolling to a pvp server) i normally go on Tenkachii and corpsecamp them until they log off. It's always someone who isn't good at pvp and wants to feel better ganking low levels.

I even had once that i got ganked by 3 level 80's, killed them all continiously and they begged me to stop :P I felt pretty bad too then but whatever... they shouldn't have been ganking me.

Your way of getting back people is okay, I advice you to gank on your account which you level with too, if you're around the same level it's totally different, you'll learn from it. If you gank on a level 80 he's chanceless.

Deleted
    I kill every alliance member on comparable level while leveling, although i dont do stuff like camping their bodies or anything else. I also never killed alliance player on much lower level. I think world PVP is pretty cool, if you do it the way youre not ruining the game for the other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pahaver View Post
    There is nothing worse and anyone that actually does kill lower levels is pretty much addicted to RP or just a dick who is terrible at the game.
    Or has absolutely nothing else to do. It does not better your character in any way at all.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

starvethedead.

The first post in the thread is about being annoyed about getting ganked. Nobody is complaining? Come on. The whole basis of this thread is going off his experience with people being dicks and killing him.

Yes the "crying" is minimal but if you play on a PvP server and you get killed it's part of the game, it's your fault - you chose to play on that server. It is what it is and nobody likes to get killed, especially by higher level people (unless you're baiting.. but that's another story). I guess better phrasing than "If you don't want world PvP don't play on a PvP server." would be "If you don't want to get ganked and it ruins an hour of your time that you could have logged on another character and prevented, don't play on a PvP server."....
    Last edited by sabbath032; 2010-11-30 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiaa View Post
    If its red, its dead.
    This.. no matter the faction..
    Kill or been killed..
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Quote Originally Posted by pahaver View Post
    What if you want to world pvp but not be attacked by level 80's when your trying to quest?

Personally I have no problem being killed by someone within the level range of the area which i am leveling but i really hate it when a 80 not only attacks but spawn kills you. There is nothing worse and anyone that actually does kill lower levels is pretty much addicted to RP or just a dick who is terrible at the game.
    Then you don't want world PvP? You want "world PvP that is restricted to my level range and only when I want it to happen", which is called a BG or a PvE server when you're flagged.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its red, its dead.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

And here I tought I was playign the World of Warcraft. my bad.

Deleted

Tradition

Imo, it's a part of the lore/game since I first started playing in vanilla, when you see a member of the opposite faction, it's your duty (and reli fun imo) to kill them as a priority over anything else I'm doing, because every fight is different, some players surprise you and either have better skill or gear than you think, or not, either way it either represents a challenge, or a pathetic ego bost, rinsing someone.

Personally, I HATE players who play on a pvp realm and don't participate in world PvP, I honestly don't care if your just on this server cos of a friend, you shouldnt be on a PvP server and complain about being ganked, EVER, it's a way of life, and should be an incentive to either levell quicker if a higher lvl is ganking you, or a reason to actually get some skills, learn from ur mistakes and become a better player.

Also, I take pride in killing high end geared PvEers just after an expansion is released, as I am annoyed at the advantages PvE has over PvP in terms of, PvE players can buy decent PvP gear with their marks, but PvPers can't buy decent (or infact, any) PvE gear with honor marks. Reli gets on my nerves, so anything to get back at those scum :P

World PvP is part of the game, I wish it was a bigger part, and I kill ANY opposite faction I see. Sunstrider Alliance, watch out, I'm coming for you!
    (Rant over, sry for my strong views, but this is actually something I care about)
    Last edited by mmoc4b1a0b9825; 2010-11-30 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiaa View Post
    If its red, its dead.
    You're on a PvP server. That means you kill the opposing forces in the world at will. I think a lot of people relatively new to Warcraft lore just don't get it. The FIRST Warcraft game was subtitled Orcs vs Humans... it was a bloodthirsty battle between 2 opposing factions. Kill or be killed. Period.

I don't even play on a PvP server but many 80s do run around flagged and when I see them, I kill them. No ifs ands or buts, no exceptions, no quarter. They're flagged, that means they WANT to PvP and I happily oblige. World PvP really adds to the feel of the game, makes you remember that you HAVE an enemy out there and it's not a single person. It's a whole group of races that want you and your kind DEAD because you're occupying space they could otherwise use for their own people and vise versa. I don't get all this being nice to the other faction crap and letting them live another moment. FOR THE HORDE!
    Last edited by Carnivoris; 2010-11-30 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lawl at the people saying I don't attack people, but I kinda got sick of people ganking me... Like come on what do you expect it's a pvp server, I've got my fingers crossed really tight that there is going to be some seriously hardcore world pvp when cata hits.

my opinion on kill on sight

a friend introducted me to wow somewhere close to release of TBC

I was playiyng only FPS games before that and he only RPGs, when we played together (he rollend an alt to level with me) he was telling me about, level 70s running around killing eachother and I felt "man, that's some awesome atmosphere" (cuz that's what games are all about, the atmosphere they create) and ever since I've been told about ongoing war between horde and alliance I kill on sight. no matter if they're lower or higher level than me I will engage. I won't gank, just kill once, I only gank if I get attacked

Why I do this you may wonder.
    I get 0 pleasure from 1 shotting low level chars. But when I do that, I know that person was angry at me, and when he will get gibbed like that about 3 more times he will feel the hate for the other faction, and he will kill other players, and this will go on and on and on, and maybe we can get the old world pvp feel back

I actually want the other faction to attack me on sight to try and kill me, I want to be forced to be on my guard when I play, and I want that when I play world of warcraft I get the feeling of WARcraft and the atmosphere of a battleground.

And I'm a PvE'er xD
    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k131/meggot/lol4thzh7.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe the amount of QQ on this topic, must be why the op created the thread, just trolling the QQ.
    pvp don't suck have fun. get over the gankings or do like me, log your main and hunt the people down that ganked you. I do that all the time. quite fun and satisfying. so to recap this shit
    1. it is pvp and it is fun
    2. don't suck
    3. extract vengence

I usually do the same, but I'm alliance. Sometimes I gank just to get that nerd rage out Other times I feel bad after killing them, it feels so unfair. The bad thing is that world PvP is never fair, someone see you and wait until you are vulnerable before they attack, kinda sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragewave View Post
    Personally, I HATE players who play on a pvp realm and don't participate in world PvP, I honestly don't care if your just on this server cos of a friend, you shouldnt be on a PvP server and complain about being ganked, EVER, it's a way of life
    So basically it doesn't matter if someone started playing on a realm to play with a friend, if they aren't doing what you say (despite it not being a rule that being on a pvp realm means you have to kill everything) means they shouldn't be there because it bothers you? Yes, because I and everyone else hold your opinions in the highest regard.

I'm not saying that people should cry about it everytime they are ganked. Honestly, after months or in most cases, years of being on a pvp realm most people should be used to it. However, saying that "if you're on a pvp realm you should always participate in world pvp" is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    Actually, camping someone for hours is allowed. You need to read the in-game help more. As long as there is a PVP resolution to the "griefing" (in this case, calling on some friends to come help you out would be a PVP resolution), it is 100% allowed.

It's actually a lot easier to grief someone of your own faction (follow them around tagging mobs before they can get em; follow em around and skin their mobs before they can; etc). And no, calling on "Friends" from the other faction to come kill them is not an acceptable resolution to these because there is (theoretically) no cross-faction communication.
    You're right!