Poll: Most OP class EVER!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vanilla rogue, don't believe me? their are videos of a rogue wearing no armor no trinkets no rings, and using 2 level 1 starter white daggers, killing Grand Marshal Geared Players.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should just have said all 10 classes for your poll.
    From your poll i can tell your trolling your opinion on us, kthx bai.

10+ Year Old Account
    why arnt mages on here? in a bg i cant so much as touch a mage and not die TIS BULLSHIT MAN!

Deleted
    enh shaman vanilla Good Time Good Time (sigh)

BC SL/SL lock i voted, it was like facing a healer after s8, 7v1 and they could probaly survive, only difference is they would kill everybody while the healer can just kite around and /laugh

Vanilla Rogue. Anyone who disagrees needs to go watch World of Roguecraft.

Rogues wearing nothing but the dagger you start with, beating full Grand Marshal/High Warlord warriors.

Edit: And this was after Rogues were nerfed in Vanilla.
    Last edited by Gahouf!; 2010-12-01 at 08:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    What about ret paladins during the last patch of TBC?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You're missing the 2.0 Warlock. They were rolling everyone in BGs, especially as Affliction. Dot dot dot, run. Dot dot dot, run. If you played a Warlock on defense in AV it was even more devastating against the attackers. So many places to stay safe!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot the BC Rogue with mace stun talent somewhere in Combat. Rogues had a talent that gave each hit of a 1H mace a chance to stun and this fucker would proc constantly. Most builds would be something along the lines of 0-31-30 or 0-51-10. This mostly ended around 2.4.1 or even earlier patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone else mentioned it already, but SP was so OP in Vanilla it isn't even funny. The only reason they don't get a lot of notoreity is because most people a. didn't know or b. weren't allowed to roll on DPS gear when priests HAD to heal.

Warr and Enh Shm don't get my votes. Yes, if they had RNG on their side, they could decimate you. If they didn't though, they were a wetnoodle once they blew their load with unlucky RNG. Otherwise though, for consistent OP other than SP, would be Rogue and Destro Lock. No RNG involved or lucky procs, if a Rogue could stunlock you, you died. No RNG involved or lucky procs, if a Lock knew how to seduce you, you died. And they could do it every single time against every single class...rogues would stealth til CDs reset, and Locks had no CDs at all.

Then Locks again w SL/SL in TBC. Not huge dmg output, but you would die before they would.

Then DK, without a doubt.

I'd say, overall, Warlocks have always been consistently strong in PvP. Definitely the most consistently OP range class.
    Last edited by Anyasha; 2010-12-01 at 08:18 AM.
    Warlock spamming chain-fear since '05
    Death Knight Priest Hunter
    Paladin Mage Druid Rogue

Will never roll a Warrior or Shaman

Yes, I am a Sylvanas fanboy.

15+ Year Old Account
    DK started OP but got nerfed. Also change the topic to the most OP spec/class. And you need to add "shadow priest vanilla" to your list.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Disc priests in tbc were nearly immortal :>

Deleted
    i loved my sl/sl lock kild everything.
    end bc retri palla was sick with 2 locks whe got pwnd manage to kill him with help from a holy palla .

(sorry for bad english)

10+ Year Old Account
    rogues pre bc and wrath ret paladins
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by onikagei View Post
    I think you are forgetting the Moonkin just before Wrath came out. I was always tops in damage and kills. Highly mobile, crazy armor and could heal myself and kill anything that moved in seconds. Have the screenies to prove it. Took a huge nerf in Wrath for pvp though
    It is so funny how people can tell you that a class is OP in the matter of BG'S. Let me tell you something! if you own in BG the class IS NOT over powered moonkins werent overpowered at all in tbc not even after patch that class the was overpowered were rogues with venge or brut depended on season with slayer's and twin blades. if you had that you were overpowered.

also mages before patch were not really the op thing, just think of it. DEEP Freeze exploding barrier pre patch ( Tbc) you didnt have these things.

* dont go and think youre class is overpowered if you pwn in a bg and reach the most dmg done( just run ine aoe an voala top dmg ).

this is all i wanted to say

Quote Originally Posted by Skiboms View Post
    Lol mages have never been op in any of the first 8 seasons. If you want proof look at arenajunkies.com. a mage can destroy a prot warr with one spell, what u talking about. U got no clue

Arcane mage was op for about 2 weeks. But that was between season 4 and 5 so no use for anyone. Its kind like now. Mages will be getting nerfed and not enjoy any of the curren op ness.

Typical coming from a pala easiest class ever to be played
    He was talking about vanilla where pom pyro if you had the aq trinket i believe could one shot anything.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    SL/SL lock.. brings back memories i will never forget.

Hilarous damage reduction - Gaining fuckloads of HP by putting up siphon life then drain the shit outta that bastard!

Unstoppable
    Last edited by Luqe; 2010-12-01 at 08:36 AM.

Definitely SL/SL warlocks in TBC.

However your poll has a few anomalies:

- Rogues weren't OP in mid-late vanilla. In fact, they were weak. They became OP in patch 2.0.1, which was the patch just before BC, and have stayed that way ever since.
    - Enhance was OP in vanilla if the stars aligned and you got a WF proc. If not, you were pretty much cannon fodder. People remember being 1shot and think they were OP. Elemental was OP in vanilla. Grossly so. But there weren't many of us, so people didn't QQ.
    - Warlocks didn't become OP with SL/SL, they were OP from about halfway through vanilla. This is when the gear was available to give their dots enough spellpower to give them significant dps in PvP. In concert with the things they already had - virtual spell immunity from the felhunter's demonology bonus (high resists), 30% damage reduction from soul link and tank-like health pools, it is when they rose to power.
    - Resto druids were more OP in late Wrath (aside from 4.0.x) than they were in TBC.
    - You left out more recent imbalances
    - Where in the list are frost mages?
    Last edited by baelon; 2010-12-01 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    What about holy priest in vanilla, i remember meleeing everything with my staff while healing myself with renew and PW:S in some odd cases.

SL/SL locks gets my vote. massive dps out, massive hps in. Similar to a few classes out there now tbh ^^