10+ Year Old Account

4.0.3a Shadow Mastery

Has anyone done/read any simulation on how valuable mastery is as a stat now? I have been unable to find any info since the addition of +DoT damage.
    Also if anyone has reforged pure mastery, how much did you get and how large was your +DoT damage buff at (as a %)

Deleted
    tbh, there's not enough time with this until people start levelling to test this without using a simcraft (which i don't see a version for right now)
    i tried reforging for mastery / crit and more haste (keeping 1269 haste in all cases) and found very very minimal changes in DPS on a dummy with buffs. When the amount of mastery obtainable becomes more significant then it might matter, but for now... just don't worry about it.

/shrug - more mastery = the harder your Mind Blast does, which can do a lot of damage.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2010-12-01 at 12:15 AM.

Keep in mind that this is all anecdotal evidence, but when I reforged all mastery today, I was doing about 5% more dps than when I reforged to get as much haste as I could (about 1200 or so haste was what I ended up with) on a level 80 target dummy, being hit-capped both times.

I had about 21 mastery which I believe worked out to be a 25% increase to both my dots and my mind-blast, and I was casting MB when it was off-cd with >1 orb up.

Take from that what you will, but I had mana issues when I reforged to haste or mastery compared to when I was haste/crit (I dropped about 6% crit which meant I couldn't use shadowfiend anywhere near as often was before)

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    /shrug - more mastery = the harder your Mind Blast does, which can do a lot of damage.
    Read the thread title - "4.0.3a Shadow Mastery". It also increases DoT damage with more Mastery, which is +dmg to Mind Flay, as well.

As for how valuable it is, lots of people are saying it's about equal to Crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

At this point i say just wait for caty and 85.. because anything before that wont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    On the cost of your dots. Trust me it is not worth doing it right now.