Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dishonour Points...

That's right. It is true this is written in the midst of my frustration of being ganked while leveling through the new world, but the thought is still very valid and I have been interested in the matter for some time.

I feel it is unfair, frustrating, and incredibly time-consuming when you run around in a zone to quest, fully immersed in the game, and suddenly there comes along a level 80 with a desire out of this world for a larger epeen, killing you with one click of a button. This costs time, it breaks immersion, it is unfair, and it is pointless. The ganker doesn't benefit from it, and his rouse from the killing is likely over even before it began.

At the very least, I would suggest the implementation of Dishonour points, or some kind of balancing scale between honour and dishonour, because clearly the current system to prevent low level ganking is not effective.

And in before someone says "Play PVE server," that is irrelevant. I play a PVP server because I want natural world PVP to occur, combat that is at least to some extent fair and meaningful, not gamebreaking and down right rude low level ganking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some gankers get some kind of adrenaline rush from killing them. Whenever I see someone PvP flagged, regardless of level, I really want them to die. Especially if they're one of the dicks who've been killing all the quest givers in all the quest hubs of Hillsbrad, as well as Galen's Fall and Hammerfall in Arathi. -_-
    Last edited by Bizkitz; 2010-11-30 at 10:15 PM.
    Varian: Look, I didn't touch your gunship, okay!
    Garrosh: I witnessed, with my eyes, your TESTICLES on my gunship!
    -Argent_Captain

They did have dishonorable kills at one point in the game. And it was a pretty terrible idea back then, too. :/

With flying available in all areas of the game now, most importantly available in low-level areas, ganking is pretty much going to become an every-day occurrence for lowbies. Toughens 'em up, imo, puts virtual hair on their virtual chests.

If it's red, it's got to be dead!
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah... dishonorable kills iirc...
    You gainbed these by killing a "civil" npc. Like that cow that used to wander down the road in STV. It had a negative impact on your journey in the pvp ranks back than.
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

Butthurt posts about dishonor points show up like once a week. Seriously. You rolled on a pvp server. Get over it. It was made clear to you when you rolled on a PvP server that you could, and probably would get ganked. It's right there, in the server description. It is fully understood that there are NO LEVEL RESTRICTIONS and minimal zone restrictions on ganking. The fact that you are not ok with this even though you voluntarily accepted your place on a PvP server where you were told these things can't happen prove that you either a) can't read, which is unlikely given your posting here, or b) incapable of understanding extremely basic concepts.

The Horde and the Alliance DO NOT CARE ABOUT LEVELS. They hate each other, and it is in the lore that these two factions generally WANT EACH OTHER DEAD, now more than ever. PvP is PvP. If you don't like it, too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    And in before someone says "Play PVE server," that is irrelevant. I play a PVP server because I want natural world PVP to occur, combat that is at least to some extent fair and meaningful, not gamebreaking and down right rude low level ganking.
    This is natural world PvP. The strong prey on the weak.

If you want fair and meaningful, go Arena. World PvP is guerilla warfare– it's not fair, it's not meaningful (for the most part), and usually involves one or more parties with severe disparities in gear/levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfair, maybe. Pointless, possibly. But breaking immersion? No. In the real world, there will always be people more powerful then you. If you're at war with another someone, and you're twice as powerful and can dominate them, are you just going to walk on past them? No, it's war. You're going to kill them. It's part of the game. Don't roll on a pvp server if it bugs you that much. And "natural world pvp" died with flying mounts, sadly.

Well...the main reason we gank is because we got ganked by lvling also and we're just getting our revenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    They did have dishonorable kills at one point in the game. And it was a pretty terrible idea back then, too. :/

With flying available in all areas of the game now, most importantly available in low-level areas, ganking is pretty much going to become an every-day occurrence for lowbies. Toughens 'em up, imo, puts virtual hair on their virtual chests.
    Can't really see why it's such a terrible idea, though.
    The low level ganking is certainly enough to have me go bananas on the game at times, and even question whether to continue leveling or not. I can only imagine what it would do to a fresher.

The thing that has to be recognised is that low level ganking isn't a part of the WoW world per se, it is a defect of game mechanics, and should be easily fixed without ruining the feeling of war.

10+ Year Old Account
    The low level ganking is certainly enough to have me go bananas on the game at times, and even question whether to continue leveling or not. I can only imagine what it would do to a fresher.

The thing that has to be recognised is that low level ganking isn't a part of the WoW world per se, it is a defect of game mechanics, and should be easily fixed without ruining the feeling of war.
    It's not a defect. A defect needs to be fixed, and max level toons have been ganking low levels since the beginning, 6 years ago.

Do I get any kicks from killing a low-level player? No.
    Do I get any kicks from killing a low-level player if I know he's going to make a QQ-post about it (not directed to OP)? Oh yes.

Well, maybe we all enjoy slaying countless lowbies. Horde and Alliance are at WAR. I was saddened when I myself couldn't slay Old Blanchy as I layed waste to the pre-cata Westfal. I slayed countless quest givers and the flight master. Then we pressed onward to the city of Goldshire which also felt the wrath of NPFS. As I sat in the in, and slayed any NPC that respawned, several lowbies started making /rude comments towards our onslaught. Then some lvl 80's came. They died too. And lowbies tried to attack....they then died. And I camped....over and over...till I got bored.

Then I went n jumped in Dalaran for awhile on my ZG Tiger.
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, there's nothing for people to do, so they explore the new changes to the world. Once Cata hits, max levels will be busy leveling professions, questing, doing dungeons, ect. The ganking will go down. Also, a lot of people who gank lowbies do it because they can. If i'm running to help a friend in a dungeon or something, and theres a lowbie, I'll kill him, think nothing of it, and move on. But when they make a horde toon to spam me with things like "omg i bet u think ur so skilled u killd some1 half ur lvl" is when I smile and feel like i've accomplished anything.

Qq moar, pvped on a pvp server

That's right. It is true this is written in the midst of my frustration of being ganked while leveling through the new world, but the thought is still very valid and I have been interested in the matter for some time.

I feel it is unfair, frustrating, and incredibly time-consuming when you run around in a zone to quest, fully immersed in the game, and suddenly there comes along a level 80 with a desire out of this world for a larger epeen, killing you with one click of a button. This costs time, it breaks immersion, it is unfair, and it is pointless. The ganker doesn't benefit from it, and his rouse from the killing is likely over even before it began.

At the very least, I would suggest the implementation of Dishonour points, or some kind of balancing scale between honour and dishonour, because clearly the current system to prevent low level ganking is not effective.

In real life people wont leave you alone cause you look defenseless, even more theyll rob you even faster.
    So yes PVE Server THAT====WAY==> then once youre high lvl you can always migrate to a PvP one, if you cant take the pressure of being ganked.

Deleted
    Ah why did I even bother, the same immature player base is also hanging around on the forums, unable to even carry a worthy discussion without resorting to the exact same behaviourisms as whilst in game, ganking low levels.

Of course the event of me getting ganked made me post, that is where all suggestion posts derive from--experiencing things that makes your gaming experience worse, and the urge to fix it. I forgot, however, that more than a few of people playing WoW have the mindset of stubborn 12-year-olds. Never change anything. If you don't like something, you are a QQ'er.

Edit: Furthermore, PVP means player versus player. The name implies a fight, combat, between two players. One player clicking a button to be cruel to another isn't combat, it's lack of decency.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2010-11-30 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New game mechanic:
    For each dishonorable kill you gain, Deathwing follows you around and will kill you every time your resurrect for the same number of days (in game time). Logging off, race changing, server transferring, and deleting your character will not reset this debuff. Debuff is account-wide and will remain active until you learn not to gank lowbies.

Sounds good to me

15+ Year Old Account
    Dishonor points would just allow a new type of griefing. Imagine dozens of players getting on there lower level alts and swarm any opposing faction they see, forcing them to either die or take dishonor points to fight off the annoying mob of players.

How do we decide what's too low level? Even then, people would complain its too high/low, depending on how they view it.

Don't want to get ganked all the time, stay off PvP servers.
    Start by assuming that everything you've ever known is a lie.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone awhile ago had a brilliant idea that would work so much better. A bounty system. People gank lowbies, eventually get a debuff. Once it stacks high enough, players who had a certain option turned on, would be alerted that there is now a gold bounty on someones head. Killing said player would reward the gold. The higher the debuff stacked, the easier it would be to find said player, things like being marked on the map, limited to ground mounts only, ect. Would be much better then a dishonorable kill system, and would encourage more world pvp. Obviously this could be exploited, but it would still be awesome.