Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AvA-LaND View Post
    If it's red, it's got to be dead!
    Win

Dishonorable kills were a big part of early vanilla...i think it would be a great idea to bring them back but in a revamped fashion

Only if i can get the title "the Dishonorable Scum" on my DK.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by CrenVerdis View Post
    yeah... dishonorable kills iirc...
    You gainbed these by killing a "civil" npc. Like that cow that used to wander down the road in STV. It had a negative impact on your journey in the pvp ranks back than.
    This could happen when you were raiding alliance or horde cities aswell, even if you didn't damage or kill the civilian.
    As long as you were in the raid and in the nearby vicinity, you'd get a dishonorable kill.

There's a reason why they removed it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Someone awhile ago had a brilliant idea that would work so much better. A bounty system. People gank lowbies, eventually get a debuff. Once it stacks high enough, players who had a certain option turned on, would be alerted that there is now a gold bounty on someones head. Killing said player would reward the gold. The higher the debuff stacked, the easier it would be to find said player, things like being marked on the map, limited to ground mounts only, ect. Would be much better then a dishonorable kill system, and would encourage more world pvp. Obviously this could be exploited, but it would still be awesome.
    This would be pretty cool actually, maybe gold or honor points for the reward, or both. Maybe a feature where you could offer up gold to have someone ganked also.

Deleted
    I would use a buff/debuff mechanism: when a higher level player kills a lowbie, the former gets a debuff increasing damage taken from the latter, while the latter gets a buff protecting against damage taken from the former. It still gives the high level player the advantage at first, but it prevents corpse camping.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    heh.. I remember making the level 1 gnome war parties.. it was always fun when you actually took someone down

im with u in theory with this (i play on a pve server to with the sole proviso of avoiding this problem)

but on the other hand, there is nothing stopping you ganking people when you are level 80, its a kinda "you are fully entitled to do it if you so wish"

while being one-shot once would be a minor nuisance, constant ganking and corpse camping (bit of an old term there) are unnecessary. maybe for repeated killing of one single lowbie there should be some sort of punishment for example a ress sickness style debuff
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    And in before someone says "Play PVE server," that is irrelevant. I play a PVP server because I want natural world PVP to occur, combat that is at least to some extent fair and meaningful, not gamebreaking and down right rude low level ganking.

world pvp is hardly EVER fair, the fairest fight I can imagine in world pvp would occur at max level, where it's 1v1. most other world pvp situations are extremely imbalanced and if you can't deal with that, then you should give up on world pvp and go play on a pve server, as many people have probably already suggested.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Well...the main reason we gank is because we got ganked by lvling also and we're just getting our revenge.
    The question is...on who?

The chances that the person you're killing has ever killed you is pretty slim, and it's not like as a whole the opposite faction is sentient. All you're actually doing is annoying another person that probably had nothing to do with anything that happened to you.

Not that it matters, it's not a big deal getting ganked. Got ganked 3 times today on my BE Warrior, just ran back and continued questing. If they camp you, just go do something else for 20 minutes and they'll realize they're wasting their time and go away. Not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfducken View Post
    This would be pretty cool actually, maybe gold or honor points for the reward, or both. Maybe a feature where you could offer up gold to have someone ganked also.
    This would be a pretty easy way of farming the rewarded currency?

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    They did have dishonorable kills at one point in the game. And it was a pretty terrible idea back then, too. :/
    It was only for killing NPCs, not players. OP: Killing anything in your path is natural. Or do you really expect a couple of Orcs to leave the weak little Night Elves alone? War is war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    I like the suggestions guys. Good thinking.

By the way, to the people talking down on the old dishonour system--naturally it wouldn't be that old system, so why even bring it up as an argument as to not use such a system? There is a reason for them removing it, and it was just. This would have to be something entirely different, and I'm sure it could be made to favour all parts in both allowing some moderate ganking, but also telling you when it's enough and where the line is drawn.

I wouldn't complain if one person killed me, once. But the past week there has been at least 20 incidents of level 80s randomly ganking me, and others in my vicinity. It's taken so much away from my first experience of the new Azeroth leveling, and that is no lie.

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    It was only for killing NPCs, not players. OP: Killing anything in your path is natural. Or do you really expect a couple of Orcs to leave the weak little Night Elves alone? War is war.
    There is a difference between war and cruelty. A good war in Azeroth would allow equals to test their mettle against one another on the battlefield - not encourage (and I'm doing an extreme example here) the murdering of children in the forest. Low levels are by definition not yet mature heroes.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2010-11-30 at 10:49 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Roll a PvE server, and turn your PvP off.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    The question is...on who?

The chances that the person you're killing has ever killed you is pretty slim, and it's not like as a whole the opposite faction is sentient. All you're actually doing is annoying another person that probably had nothing to do with anything that happened to you.

Not that it matters, it's not a big deal getting ganked. Got ganked 3 times today on my BE Warrior, just ran back and continued questing. If they camp you, just go do something else for 20 minutes and they'll realize they're wasting their time and go away. Not a big deal.
    Yeah, exactly... people go on and on about 'revenge' and what not, when it's really them just taking out their "nerdrage" or whatever on people who can't fight back, then justifying their ridiculous actions through broken logic like it is "revenge" or something.

As you said though, no big deal to me, I find it rather amusing when people killme and are high level - either they're following their lowbie friend around, who I normally can manage to kill before they can kill me (which is hilarious lol) or they're just by themselves ganking me, and are often so terrible that I can easily come camp them in return.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    They did have dishonorable kills at one point in the game. And it was a pretty terrible idea back then, too. :/

With flying available in all areas of the game now, most importantly available in low-level areas, ganking is pretty much going to become an every-day occurrence for lowbies. Toughens 'em up, imo, puts virtual hair on their virtual chests.
    ^ This. I seriously doubt that dishonorable kills will make a return. Sorry.

Vicious circle my friend.
    Nothing unnatural about it.
    And as far as ruining immersion goes, well, you just got a big 'ol axe lodged in your head. That's more immersive than running around playing with butterflies and picking flowers by yourself, don't you think?
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    DHKs were around for awhile, i wouldn't mind them coming back with some negative impact on the bad 80 running around ganking lowbies.

Then again 9 times out of 10 I just hop on one of my 80s and camp the person until they log or manage to get away. Perks to having a sugar momma, lots of free time.

Personally, I'm of the opinion, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. However, I'm curious how hard it would be to implement the same tagging system on mobs for players. If a lowbie attacks a higher level player, the higher toon is free to blast them away. If a higher attacks a lowbie, they get a dishonor point.

It'd be simple, and remove the primary concern of max level toons being ganked by mobs of level 1 kindergarteners in the hopes of generating dishonor points.

I'm sorry, but I really can't agree with you on this. War is rarely fair, PvP is war, therefore PvP does not have to be fair. If you are unable to defend yourself from an attacker, then you have to either avoid that attacker or deal with being killed. The idea of a PvP server is that you are always vulnerable, always at risk of attack, maybe from someone also levelling, and maybe from some high level who is in the zone.

If you want to experience only max level world PvP (which is also rarely fair, but that's another debate) then level on a PvE server for the levelling experience and transfer. Levelling on a PvP server is levelling a war zone, and there are no balancing mechanics in war.
    Let our enemies know that havoc calls and that with its song comes their end.