Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diora View Post
    This would be a pretty easy way of farming the rewarded currency?
    That's why I said it would be easily exploitable. Blizz could always just make it so you can only get a bounty once a day or something like that though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tilgare View Post
    ^ This. I seriously doubt that dishonorable kills will make a return. Sorry.
    Still not talking about bringing back that old system, so quit bringing it up as an argument please.

dishonorable kills were in during vanilla, but it didn't work very well when you found yourself in a group and 1 asshat destroyed your honor in 10 seconds by going around killing things he shouldnt.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I feel it is unfair, frustrating, and incredibly time-consuming when you run around in a zone to quest, fully immersed in the game, and suddenly there comes along [something or someone stronger than You] with a desire out of this world for a larger epeen, killing you (...). This costs time, it breaks immersion, it is unfair, and it is pointless.
    It is vere RP style that this world has greatest heroes than You..... and weaker than You as well. I would call that immersion. You take all the good and all the bad think world throws at You. This is your journey.
    Now here we stand with their blood on our hands
    We fought so hard now can we understand

If your playing on Korgath, and you died in Northern Barrens, then.... I'm sorry.

80 Paladin, 80 Rogue, 80 Priest, 80 Death Knight, 72 Mage

Deleted
    this might be a first.. but sometimes I like being ganked while leveling, it's just fun sometimes, it makes it real. I'm not a masochist.

people will still gank you even if costs them honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Im sorry but the one who ganked you, achieved his goal the second you pressed the "post" button. Goal being annoyance and possibly even massive QQ at some forum.

But dont worry, things will settle down come cataclysm, high lvls are minding their own business and are busy with lvling far far away from your lvling zones.
    That bug in your sig totally got me... well played.

OT: Log your main? Get some buddies? Go have a shower or eat something and let them waste their time camping you? Roll on a PvE server?
    Anal jokes will never get old.

Ah why did I even bother, the same immature player base is also hanging around on the forums, unable to even carry a worthy discussion without resorting to the exact same behaviourisms as whilst in game, ganking low levels.

Of course the event of me getting ganked made me post, that is where all suggestion posts derive from--experiencing things that makes your gaming experience worse, and the urge to fix it. I forgot, however, that more than a few of people playing WoW have the mindset of stubborn 12-year-olds. Never change anything. If you don't like something, you are a QQ'er.

Edit: Furthermore, PVP means player versus player. The name implies a fight, combat, between two players. One player clicking a button to be cruel to another isn't combat, it's lack of decency.
    Yes, PvP means Player versus Player there are no exceptions, you are at war with opposing faction. It is still combat clicking that one button.
    Stop crying bout it really, go to PvE server and then migrate back as Ive already told you. Your messed up experience cause you got ganked doesnt mean others dont like the thrill of someone stronger and way more powerful being able to chase and kill them. I like such risk thus I love PvP servers. Stop trying to ruin PvP servers just go away from them. They already are way worse and fun they used to be cause world pvp is close to non existant (whiny girls QQed too much and Dishonorable Kills killed city raids that was quite intense back in the times).
    PVP SERVER IS NOT FOR YOU and end of story. And youre the 12yo stubborn who cant face being in disadvantaged scenario, youre just one of those big boys who stay in cities till they are fully decked in epics and go against blue geared ones, true heroes.
    I got ganked quite a few times on my new alt... does it bother me? Not at all, its part of the game (pvp server) and I know Ill get back on them sooner or later.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2010-11-30 at 11:02 PM.

QQ Threads about getting ganked by higher levels on a pvp server are as old as wow. So are your solutions to fix a problem that isnt any at all. Roll pve ... stop qqing.

There had to be such a thread on the anniversary thx for that

There is a difference between war and cruelty. A good war in Azeroth would allow equals to test their mettle against one another on the battlefield - not encourage (and I'm doing an extreme example here) the murdering of children in the forest. Low levels are by definition not yet mature heroes.
    We can't kill children in the game. Low level players aren't children - they are people who are questing to save the world to earn armor in order to be able to fight in the war. What's smarter than taking out your enemy before he becomes powerful? Ever heard the saying all is fair in love and war? This isn't civil war times where we stand apart on a battlefield and takes shots at each other in sync. This is a "real" war where the strong survive and the weak perish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    I really fail to see exactly what is so good in a society that encourages selfishness, cruelty, rudeness, and generally babyish behaviour, but apparently I'm more or less alone on that one. At least I gave it a try.

OP, the moment you made a QQ post about being killed on a pvp server you painted a big target on yourself that opened the floodgates of boorish behavior.

Simple solutions:
    Don't play on a pvp server.
    Don't whine about being killed on a pvp server on a public forum.
    Arguing semantics about immersion and fair play on a pvp server is about as useful as trying to squeeze blood from a turnip.
    See first solution.

Red = Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

I really fail to see exactly what is so good in a society that encourages selfishness, cruelty, rudeness, and generally babyish behaviour, but apparently I'm more or less alone on that one. At least I gave it a try.
    Future scenario for you on level80-85: I find it unfair that people can go 3 versus one 1, I got ganked by such group, should implement something to prevent this!
    Yup, clearly can see this one coming soon enough.
    Dont want to be part of it? PvE Server will suit you perfectly - no PvP assholes ganking lowbies there!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    It was only for killing NPCs, not players. OP: Killing anything in your path is natural. Or do you really expect a couple of Orcs to leave the weak little Night Elves alone? War is war.
    Not that I really care about pvp server ganking, nor do I expect WoW to be "realistic", but to play along:
    1) In a lot of war people aren't genocidal maniacs. Your goal is to win the war, not to kill your enemies until you can't anymore.
    2) In real 1v1 combat, the gap between an 80 and a 30 wouldn't be anywhere near what we're seeing here. It isn't as though L30s are somehow inexperienced combatants. There would be risk in attacking a random person, IRL, which is again part of why people in wars aren't just trying to kill the enemy. You do what you do to win the battle/skirmish/whatever, then you stop; anything more is unnecessary risk.
    3) An L80 orc has very little business being in most parts of the world. If this were a real "war" and half your faction's forces were having a tea party in some low-level zone, you'd lose in record time.

Anyways :P OP: If you want an uninterrupted play through of the new content, roll an alt on a PVE server and play it there. It's unlikely Blizz will re-evaluate the nature of PVP servers at this point, and it's only going to get worse with flying mounts.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    @OP: Your concern is valid, but your idea will never be implemented.

My honest suggestion for you is to reroll or server transfer to a PvE realm. Otherwise, suck it up and remember that YOU picked PvP.

Well, for the most part, players who agree with you have moved on. PVP servers are what they are, for better and worse. Players who wanted PVP servers to be a place where spontaneous PVP occurred between near-peers have either left or long since given up.

As for what I just quoted, society isn't monolithic. Some parts of society encourage brutish behavior, some parts encourage the opposite. It's not surprising that this thread has a lot of people who are into the brutish side of it. Consider the filters selecting posters between the "general population" and here:
    1) Game community, so you're looking at people who tend towards youth, tend towards vicarious living (and self-esteem garnered thereby), tend towards slothfulness.
    2) Internet, so you're getting even more youth, you're getting anonymity and all that comes with it
    3) Thread with a subject specifically calling out the PVP-centered players out of all of that

This thread is not going to even remotely approximate society at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    @OP: Your concern is valid, but your idea will never be implemented.

My honest suggestion for you is to reroll or server transfer to a PvE realm. Otherwise, suck it up and remember that YOU picked PvP.
    OP's concern is absolutely not valid. He chose to play on a PvP server. Complaining about open world PvP on a PvP server is useless. Open world PvP is never fair. Play arena or battlegrounds if you want a balanced fight. Play on PvE if you don't want to get yanked while questing. Problem solved.

LOL well if you want to talk about selfishness, babyish, and rude behavior, your opinion on this issue is because you are being rude, selfish, and babyish.

You started this thread because you wanted something to stop negatively affecting you, even if it makes others happy or gives them a laugh. This is prime selfish behavior. You can rationalize and justify your reasoning all you want with how it would "be better for the game," but it boils down to the fact that something happened to you that made you upset, and you want to change it to suit your own wants.

now for the babyish behavior, people have come here and told you alternatives. Switch to a PvE server. but you say that is not acceptable because you want to do world pvp and max level. then people suggested starting on a PvE then switching to PvP at max level. but once again, that alternative is not acceptable because it is not what you want. this is pretty standard babyish behavior. There are other options available to you, but they dont satisfy your own selfish needs

finally for the rude behavior, people have come on here and expressed their own views on the issue. if their opinion differed from yours, not only did you disregard their imput, you later implied that they were not welcome in this thread because they were not agreeing with your viewpoint. This is rude. you posted on a public forum, and should expect to get responses from a wide variety of people.

Thanks and have a nice day

Stop the press! Society in WoW mirrors society in real life, hot damn!