Vash'jir questing

Ok so, I have a phobia of in-game underwater-questing.... Whenever I heard about Vash'jir I nearly threw up. Is there a way to just skip over Vash'jir 100%? Or is it sort of a requirement in questing to get to 85? Beta testers please help me.
    Oh and before you start trolling:No I do not have an IRL phobia of water, this phobia of in-game underwater-questing has been with me ever since Vanilla beta when I did the Druid questline for aquatic for, and yes this IS a serious post (not just some bored kid)

Quote Originally Posted by thebeefster View Post
    Ok so, I have a phobia of in-game underwater-questing.... Whenever I heard about Vash'jir I nearly threw up. Is there a way to just skip over Vash'jir 100%? Or is it sort of a requirement in questing to get to 85? Beta testers please help me.
    Oh and before you start trolling:No I do not have an IRL phobia of water, this phobia of in-game underwater-questing has been with me ever since Vanilla beta when I did the Druid questline for aquatic for, and yes this IS a serious post (not just some bored kid)
    You dont have to do Vash'jir but its not bad at all.
    You can run along the bottom of the seabed at an increased speed, you also get an underwater mount fairly quickly (I think its faster than the epic flyer?)

Deleted
    vashjir or hyjal for 1st zone, compare them to the tundra and the fjord

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to Mt. Hyjal. Same level questing zone, not underwater.

I was nervous too since I do have a phobia of large bodies of water lol... (IRL too) I'm sure its fine though

Vashj is near as bad as people play it out too be. I actually enjoyed it alot more on the beta than hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamima View Post
    I was nervous too since I do have a phobia of large bodies of water lol... (IRL too) I'm sure its fine though
    It's deep water that gets me. If I can't see the bottom is kinda freaks me out. Watching Totalbiscuit's vid on how to get to the Throne of Tides gave me the creeps like the Great Blue Hole does (google it if you don't know what it is).

Hopefully the creepyness goes away lol

The only reason you should ever need to go to Vasjir is to discover the entrance of the 5man.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Ye u can skip Vashj'ir if u like .. Nobody is forcing anyone to do the quests there.. go to hyjal and then the rest of it.. !

you can skip it but the earthen ring quatermaster is also down there. i hope you dont need them.

Deleted
    What? Scared of water on a computer screen? I'd understand zombies or high sounds or something but water? Really?

I'm thinking Vash'jir will be a better place to level, especially as alliance on Jaedenar, seeing as the zone is stuck in between two alliance cities and the general dislike of under-water questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gielnik View Post
    What? Scared of water on a computer screen? I'd understand zombies or high sounds or something but water? Really?
    Do not make fun of people mkay, he is doesnt liek this final no need to discuss on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get a buff that allows you to walk on the sea floor and gives water breathing. You also get a seahorse mount which is pretty damn fast.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeefster View Post
    To answer your question, no, there will be no need to visit Vash'jir. Although, even having said that, I seriously recommend you go check it out. It's a beautiful zone and, after all, the best way to overcome your fears is to face them, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeaaaa.... I am not a fan of underwater questing either. Same thing, no water phobia IRL, just in game lol.

I don't like underwater in games either that much, but Vash'Jir was really nice in the beta and sometimes I even forgot that I was undefwater, so it shouldn't be that bad actually. But yeah you can skip it if you wan't and instead go to Hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by EFG View Post
    You get a buff that allows you to walk on the sea floor and gives water breathing. You also get a seahorse mount which is pretty damn fast.
    This^

You don't move any slower at all. Also I'm very happy to see so many people pushing Hyjal, it makes me happy that I am going to start in Vashj ir. Means it will be less crowded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj'ir is actually pretty damn good. I've always had a fear of open water, not knowing what's beneath me (look below and see a giant eye *shiver*), but Vashj'ir is fine. You spend most of the time on the bottom, and it's actually quite beautiful. Just avoid the Whale Sharks. A chill goes down my spine whenever I see one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I hated about Vashj'ir was PvP. It was kind of hard to tell where a ranged class was attacking you from or, when you found them, trying to get within range to the point where you weren't still "above" or "below" him/her. Otherwise, great questing zone. The quests seem to be a bit spread out where Hyjal, tends to be grouped together tightly. All in all, I'd say do both, just for the experience and decide on an alt, which you won't touch. It's possible to skip it entirely though