Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    By that logic, British Petroleum owes you a vanity pet every year.
    By what logic, dude? You on acid?

My point is that we do not own our accounts or toons or any of the gold or eq we have in game. So how can they SELL us a pet for real money? Maybe Blizzard IS Susanexpress...
    Last edited by Caffeind; 2010-12-01 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeind View Post
    Being a fanboy will not, I repeat, will NOT get you employed with Blizzard. So, now you know that, how about a little reality check.

Blizzard, who make $150,000,000 EACH MONTH are charging us for companion pets? How does this work, we don't own our accounts or toons, so how can they SELL us companion pets...??.. We CAN'T own them.
    Here's something for your little "reality check."

...You don't have to buy the fucking pets. Get over it. If you don't buy them, it doesn't affect you. Anyone who chooses to buy them, that's they're business. Not yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    So did everyone forget about the Darkspear/Gnomeregan Pride? I'd definitely classify those as "a vanity reward for completing the quests surrounding the events taking place in WoW". I love my Darkspear Pride and I keep it in my bags at all times for lulz.
    I hate gnomes. I want a kickass pet or badasser tabard.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    I hate gnomes. I want a kickass pet or badasser tabard.
    Well that's unfortunate for you.

(Alliance did kind of get the short side of the stick on that one--the gnome is much plainer than the troll of awesomeness!)

On topic, the Blue stated that they want to start doing pets only for significant milestones. I can't necessarily blame them--that's a lot of pets over time. I'd rather get them less frequently, and have REALLY AWESOME ones when I do, than to have the same reskinned garbage year after year simply because Blizz is cranking out too many to keep them fresh and unique.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2010-12-01 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we got jack shit for the first 3 anniversaries. who cares.

<-- pet/mount/tabbard collector, rep and achievement whore too.

10+ Year Old Account
    By what logic, dude? You on acid?

My point is that we do not own our accounts or toons or any of the gold or eq we have in game. So how can they SELL us a pet for real money? Maybe Blizzard IS Susanexpress...
    Just because Blizzard makes a lot of money off their services does not mean that you are entitled to extra services for free. Just because they were nice enough to give you something a few times does not mean it is your right to get more of it.

But I guess it's like the saying goes, if you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to bitch every time you don't give him a cookie from there on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Just because Blizzard makes a lot of money off their services does not mean that you are entitled to extra services for free. Just because they were nice enough to give you something a few times does not mean it is your right to get more of it.

But I guess it's like the saying goes, if you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to bitch every time you don't give him a cookie from there on.
    But dude, you're missing the point, they are not giving it to me, it goes onto my account which, according to Blizzard, I DON'T OWN. You're not getting it are you...

10+ Year Old Account
    But dude, you're missing the point, they are not giving it to me, it goes onto my account which, according to Blizzard, I DON'T OWN. You're not getting it are you...
    So they aren't giving themselves a pet then. Maybe they didn't want more pets this year, so they saved you the trouble of taking one out of the mail for them.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    So did everyone forget about the Darkspear/Gnomeregan Pride? I'd definitely classify those as "a vanity reward for completing the quests surrounding the events taking place in WoW". I love my Darkspear Pride and I keep it in my bags at all times for lulz.
    thats a good point, i forgot about that.

Being a fanboy will not, I repeat, will NOT get you employed with Blizzard. So, now you know that, how about a little reality check.

Blizzard, who make $150,000,000 EACH MONTH are charging us for companion pets? How does this work, we don't own our accounts or toons, so how can they SELL us companion pets...??.. We CAN'T own them.
    And them making that each month allows them to put even more money into producing more and more for this game yet it's never enough for some of you...

It's easy to call rational people a fan boy when you're obviously whining about something so ridiculous that you don't even have a valid reason for it other than the same ol' 'blizz is a big bad company' bullshit.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't own the account (which technically you don't), why do you care about not getting a pet on the account that's not yours?

On a side note, this thread should probably be locked before it devolves into an endless argument between posters.

On topic, if everyone went back and re-read the OP they'd realize this is not whining about the lack of an anniversary pet, it's a topic about being grateful for what we do have. Other posters have derailed the thread.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2010-12-01 at 01:57 AM.

Excuse me sir but i believe u mad?

on topic, people should not expect a free gift to blizzard for subscribing.
    how many games companies do you know that give you free stuff just for logging in?
    I cant think of any, can you?
    as for the people that have a cry over having to pay for pets DON'T BUY THEM.
    It truly is that simple.

TL : DR
    wow is amazing stop having a cry when you don't get free stuff just for logging in.
    Last edited by TrixyChibi; 2010-12-01 at 02:30 AM.

Thank you Lokann so much for the Sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    At no stage did I say I wanted a pet for the anni, my argument is that they sell pets in their store, which is akin to susanexpress... But yeh, you all keep sticking up for them and maybe they'll employ you one day, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post
    /kiss ass moar
    He isn't kissing ass,even if he (or she) was it's much better than:
    "wtf blizz where is our re-colored/skinned pet wtf!111121312443!!111111"
    >qqers get pet.
    "wow blizz nice re-skin/color!!!!11123114124wtf!!!1112324551@@@!"

15+ Year Old Account
    At no stage did I say I wanted a pet for the anni, my argument is that they sell pets in their store, which is akin to susanexpress... But yeh, you all keep sticking up for them and maybe they'll employ you one day, lol.
    Excuse me, but how is purchasing a vanity pet from a secure website for non-game currency in any way related to purchasing in-game currency from a non-secure website that was probably stolen from some other genius buying in-game currency from a non-secure website (in a game where making currency is about as easy as going to the bathroom) an equal comparison?

Next you're going to tell me that going to the bank and taking out a loan is the same as breaking into the bank and robbing it.

So they sell pets. They're a business. What's their business? Profit.

Now, what do you think that profit goes to besides employee payroll?

-server maintenance
    -creation of future content
    -and, oh yeah...this ginormous freaking expansion you're buying next week

Yeah, those pets and horsies and other little things give Blizzard Entertainment more money to work with to give us the one thing we want...the damn greatest MMO on the market, hands down.

Stop being bitter, dude. Seriously.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

simple don't want it don't pay for it and the number you've thrown out is a bit over the top....

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what I've learned from this thread is that for some reason it is cool to hate Blizzard, despite the fact that they provide a cheap and outstanding game to you.

No, you are missing the point.
    Blizzard sells a service to us, the service of letting us to use their product. For a few € extra they add something to that service, called a pet.

You indeed don't own anything, accept for the DVD or maybe even a CE if u like to get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey I have an idea.. If you want address people.. do it in an existing thread.

[Locked] You want your own thread just to tell people off (and essentially start a flame war) Denied.