Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New class idea for Cata: the Hobos'!

I posted this a while back but Blizzard still hasn't implemented it, I figured I'd repost it so they'll get a second chance to view it.

I've been working on a new class that can be implemented in Cataclysm, and I decided to give you a brief summary of it's various features and speccs.

The class is called "Hobo".
    It consists of 4 speccs, some hybrid variations can also be made.
    Basic things that comes with all speccs is a few features.
    First of all is the most basic component of the class is "per mille", which pretty much works the same way as mana or rage.
    To acquire PM, you need to make good use of the second most vital thing of the Hobo class, which is the Beggars' Cup.
    The Beggars' Cup works like this: On use trinket, generates 5 to 20 gold ever 5 seconds over 20 seconds. 10 minute cooldown.
    To get PM you need to use your trinket as often as possible, and buy Alcoholic Beverages for your money, making you drunk and enabling the use of spells. The higher the PM you have, the more damage your spells and attacks do.

Another feature with the Hobo is that your armor can never get above 10% durability, which arguably gimps the class in some ways, but this is an integral part of the Lore.
    The main stat for the Hobo is "Alcoholic Power", AP for short, not to be confused with Attack Power.

The first specc is "Rapist".
    The main spell in the Rapist specc is a CC called Sexual Predator, which pins the target to the ground for 5 seconds, inflicting it with HIV, a debuff that reduces all attributes with 20% for 2 minutes and reduces all healing done and recieved by 50%. This is a channelled spell which can be cancelled by stunning the Hobo or healing the target for 75% of it's total HP.
    A deeper talent is "Rage Rape", which fills the Hobo with Sexual Adrenaline, giving the Hobo a 30 second buff and during the duration of this buff, the Hobo cannot be slowed or stunned (Good spell to use in combination with "Sexual Predator").

The second specc is "Junkie".
    The junkie specc has a very good feature for PvE, called "Alcoholic Fumes", a 30 yd aura that slows all enemy targets for 25%.
    A second talent for this specc is the "Narcotic Vomit", which vomits the contents of your stomache into the eyes of an enemy, causing them to wander aimlessly for 7 seconds, scratching their eyes in despair. This spell also adds a poison that deals 25% of your AP over a period of 20 seconds.

The third specc is "Cart rager".
    The Cart Rager is a ranged specc, which uses a Shopping Cart for the main arsenal of it's spells. Similar to hunters, this specc also recieves the opportunity to tame a Stray Dog, which has a few spells such as "Sleep", "Eat" and "Rabies". Sleep and Eat is just what it sounds like, the dog sleeps or eats. Rabies is a spell that gives all friendly units in the group or raid a 30 second buff that gives everyone 25% extra crit chance, 7 minute cooldown.
    Main use of the Cart Rager is "Throws Possessions", you throw random things from your Shopping Cart, dealing 20 damage + 50% of your AP.
    To gain "Possessions" you need to use your special skill "Collect Trash", collecting trash can be done in especially dirty parts of Stormwind, Orgrimmar etc.

The last specc is "Fat Hobo".
    Fat Hobo is a tanking specc, which also takes use of the Shopping Cart, for tanking dragons and the like.
    In the Fat Hobo talent tree, there's a 3 point talent that gives the Hobos' Shopping Cart 15/30/70% of the Hobos' maximum health. There's also a talent that turns 5/10/15% of the Hobos' total AP into stamina.
    Another feature for the Hobo is "Mend Cart", a channelled spell that regenerates 50% of the Carts total HP over 15 seconds.

This is all for now people, the numbers might be a little off but I'm fairly confident that Elitist Jerks can balance out the numbers when Blizzard has implemented the Hobo into the beta build.

Thank you for your time and for reading this, I really hope Blizzard takes this into consideration.
    Kind regards, Stuffmeister!

Patch notes:
    Beggars' Cup gold generation lowered from 5-20 gold to 5-20 copper every 5 seconds, sorry for any confusion this might have brought up.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good thought, but not too funny. 4/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?

There is no trash in SW or Org. So one spec is gimped :/
    Last edited by Bucknazty; 2010-11-30 at 11:59 PM.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Deleted
    So you think it's funny to make jokes out of other people misery?

I giggled :P 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Azanure View Post
    So you think it's funny to make jokes out of other people misery?
    Yes.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

The humor is lost because of its length. If it were shorter it would be funnier. The fact that you went so in-depth with it is what ruined it... But that's just one fox's opinion...
    Last edited by Miles Tails Prower; 2010-12-01 at 12:19 AM.

as long as i can have a shotgun...

Terrible joke. Not funny at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    i will send justice... shell per shell.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    i will send justice... shell per shell.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is offensive to tramps!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    1/10 the only thing that was mildly amusing was the use of Alcoholic drinks for abilities (since they have no practical application right now : / )

10+ Year Old Account
    lol

(not much else to say)

I see a thread loc...NO I see a ban in your future. But hey, I'm not reporting you I think its funny.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    -3/10.

You are sick. I know some hobo's they're nice unfortunate people.

Maybe yall should go chill in Westfall and you'll see the Hobo lore is already founded. The specs however are crude and childish, could have found better terms than rapist.
    Apart from that, people you gotta understand the parody. Also, Wesftall again. And it's not making a good rep to the hobos either. Blame Blizzard for it too?

Oh, yeah, Hobos =/= the kind of homeless people begging in cities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo

Yeah, most of you hate wikipedia, but this article's got it right k.

this was basically not funny at all.

This class is broken, as it has 4 specs.
    I think they should change the Beggar's Cup ability to simply begging in capital cities for money from other players with which to buy booze. It would make the entire class a gigantic gold sink, that way they can lower the prices on things such as mount training and repairs even further.

Wow really, you went with "Rapist". Someone please ban this asshole

10+ Year Old Account
    i scrolled down and stoped reading when i saw the word "rapist" not fun at all m8 =/