Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    You'd think with so many changed and things going on with the Night Elves, you would see some actual development as a race going on. Thus, this would all make sense. Unfortunately, that is not the case.
    And the saddest part? That of the base races, they are one of the most developed, just behind Humans, Orcs and Forsaken. But actually, you do see development, the point is they still hate the Highborne, but had to accept it, just like the Orcs have Burning Blade warlocks, I think.

prior to the shattering (I don't know if they're still there) there are some elves in darn that come basically explaining how they've been exiled but knew there was some big evil coming and they were going to force their way back into society basically.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Humans had to be taught by high elves.

I think it makes perfect sense blood elves would teach orcs.
    Right, them and/or the undead or trolls. I'm just saying that theres no reason they wouldn't be able to be them, unlike say being paladins and using the Light.
    Last edited by Andymion; 2010-12-01 at 01:21 AM.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot understand why people who are going to argue against changes like this, on a lore basis, come into the fight, swinging hard, without actually knowing the lore in question.

Night elf arcane magic use has been built into the Warcraft lore almost from the beginning. Tauren Light-wielders aren't as clear, but considering they worship two specific deities under the Earthmother, the Sun and the Moon, and WoW lore has thus far made zero mention of how they worship the sun until now, it's not exactly a stretch.

Please stop complaining about change solely because you don't like change.

I think night elf mages make most sense of all the new class/race combos. And it's been already answered here why. Undead huntards and tauren paladins on the other hand still make me wonder about the nature of what Blizz is smoking though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    This. Basically, we are using Highborne, and yes, they are being allowed because, right now, lets say their prejudices to the Arcane are over, because there's a damn dragon trying to destroy everything.
    A damn dragon trying to blow up the world, an elemental firelord trying to scorch the World Tree, Twilight Cultists trying to bring back Old Gods, and also don't forget those pesky orcs who are trying to chop down their trees so they can have something to live off of.

Also, OP, keep in mind the reasoning behind Night Elves' choice to ban use of arcane magic in their society. They didn't do it because it was all "corrupting and evil". They did it because they didn't want it to get out of control again which would eventually lead to the opening of more portals and more Burning Legion invasions. But if anything from the last few wars has taught us, the agents and lords of the Legion have other means and other peoples to manipulate to get into Azeroth. Banning arcane magic is pretty much pointless now, so why say no to something potentially useful?

PS: To everyone who keeps pissing, moaning, and screaming about Race X getting Class Y being "against the Lore", since when are you any authority on what is lore and what isn't? You assholes give yourselves too much credit. If Blizzard makes a reason for draenei warlock or an undead druid, they're well within their rights to make it so, so stop your bitching.
    Last edited by willjones410; 2010-12-01 at 01:23 AM.

I seriously don't 'get' threads like this. I read the lore, and I own several Warcraft books. I just don't understand how people can be in such an uproar about things like this. It boggles the mind.

Dear Blizz. Please put Crumpets into the game.

Well considering the third war set off a much greater war which keeps escalating and we are killing and in war so much more than years before, Things change. Y

Quote Originally Posted by Toskorae View Post
    I seem to recall something about the cataclysm waking or bringing forth the highborne of Shen'dralar

this--besides that poor highborne had been waiting for his 'audience' with tyrande for how many months, waiting to explain? it doesnt break lore if the story just changes, ask poor old cairne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Night elves were the first mages
    Night elves who used arcane magic were highborne
    Highborne split to high elfs and Shen'dralar (and maybe others)
    Shen'dralar were seen in wotlk since 3.3 trying to get an audience with tyrande
    The mages you are playing are from Dire Maul and need your help due to ogre/twilight invasion

This does bring in the question are the Players' Night Elf Mages refugees from Shen'dralar or young Night Elves who decided to study under them?

N.elf Mages makes more sense than Gnomepriest, Udhunters and Tauren Palandins-LOL
    Its all about money, they came up with some lame explantions and everybody bought it.
    Classcombo that makes most sense is TrollWarlock.
    4years from now we will see Udpaladins, they are shadowwalkers!!! and Gnomeshamans.
    I liked classic when horde was shamanistic, alliance paladins. Bc I understood for gamemechanics but now its a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the world at edge of end is a good reason for night elves to accept mages

Quote Originally Posted by LiamGalla View Post
    N.elf Mages makes more sense than Gnomepriest, Udhunters and Tauren Palandins-LOL
    Its all about money, they came up with some lame explantions and everybody bought it.
    Classcombo that makes most sense is TrollWarlock.
    4years from now we will see Udpaladins, they are shadowwalkers!!! and Gnomeshamans.
    I liked classic when horde was shamanistic, alliance paladins. Bc I understood for gamemechanics but now its a joke.
    Undead Hunters: Former High elven rangers. Sylvanis was a ranger, as was Nethanos Blightcaller.
    Tauren Paladin: Go read the shattering. Light magic can come from multiple sources. Most paladins draw it from the holy light (read: naaru) Tauren draw it from the sun. Anduin Wrynn says that light is light, no matter the source.
    Gnome Priest: How is this an issue?

for good measure:

Orc mage: Warlock magic and arcane magic aren't that far apart.
    Night Elf mage: Highbourne exiled after the war of the ancients who didn't join up with the sunstriders and found quel'thalas. Rejoining with the rest of the Night Elves in the wake of the shattering to help save the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are highborn, not nightelves.
    like the dwarf shamans are wildhammer not bronzebeard,
    and mage/locks are dark iron according to moira's text.

Quote Originally Posted by Toskorae View Post
    I seem to recall something about the cataclysm waking or bringing forth the highborne of Shen'dralar
    basically, the shen'drelar of dire maul, AKA the highborne and the reason of much QQing over the insane title being changed, are alliance now, and for simplicity, are just called night elves when making a character. lame, but it works. you don't deny potential allies when there's a bigger threat on the horizon, or you'll all get wiped out.

unless you're the horde and alliance, in which case even if you murder all your opposing faction's leaders and hinder each other every step of the way, you still kill boss get loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    I seem to recall that Blizzard makes lore. What they wish to happen happen. (Except for Falstad Wildhammer)
    Lol^^

Probably should have complained a year ago when the quest was first implemented kicking off the storyline to introduce nelf mages.

Night elf hunters use ARCANE SHOT! insert rage here

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LiamGalla View Post
    Bc I understood for gamemechanics but now its a joke.
    How is it Blizzard's fault you are simple minded?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    they are highborn, not nightelves.
    like the dwarf shamans are wildhammer not bronzebeard,
    and mage/locks are dark iron according to moira's text.
    If they are Dark Iron, why can't I make one in the same skin tone?

On-Topic: Night Elf Mages are basically Highborne. And as it's been said before, Blizzard makes up the lore, so it's their call. If they think the Night Elf society needs help from Highborne, then it happens.

I'd like to see the uproar that draenei warlocks would cause. <insert Eredar/Draenei discussion + /rage here>