Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Goblin shaman or Tauren

Only for PvP benefits, i was wondering if the war stop from tauren racial is better for pvp than the racial from goblin. I also have a Balance druid, im not sure if you can have a goblin druid. but if you can im definitely changing from NE to Goblin.

Just wondering if its better from a PVP standpoint to be goblin or tauren.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated

Goblin druids - nope

Well, go read about the abilitys, and pick the one you like the most?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the rocket jump and warstomp are both good, "get the hell off me" buttons.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I really recommend that you wait because as of current racials are very unbalanced and very likely to be changed.

Well since Blizz removed stun on NOVA and shamans dont have any REAL defensive cool downs, so im not sure i want to give up warstomp for either jump or quick damage from there rockets.

If anyone has played the Goblin shaman and has actual numbers on the rockets for damage, is it worth trading warstomp for it.

I had a lvl 70 tauren shaman, just lvld it, took 2 days. I sat there and was watching a video of goblin game play, and than I deleted the shaman and intend on lvling up gobo come cata. Keep in mind Im alliance so any thing I lvl on horde side is more than likely to be deleted at some point in time to make way for a new alt. With rated bg's on the up and coming, it will be alot easier for a goblin to kide among everyone else and either heal or cast lightning bolts, and in melee it will be harder for people that click targets insted of tab targeting to get ahold of you. Plus the rocket jump will come in handy in both pvp and in pve alot I can imagine. So yeah goblin all the way imo.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkakuma View Post
    Well since Blizz removed stun on NOVA and shamans dont have any REAL defensive cool downs, so im not sure i want to give up warstomp for either jump or quick damage from there rockets.

If anyone has played the Goblin shaman and has actual numbers on the rockets for damage, is it worth trading warstomp for it.

Also does enhancements mastery work with the rocket dmg, cause that would be nice aswell.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Also does enhancements mastery work with the rocket dmg, cause that would be nice aswell.
    I doubt it

OT: gobo, they are the gnomes of the horde, and trying to click a gnome is so (Censoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrred) annoying
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Im leveling my second shaman (orc currently) as a dwarf. I picked him over a potential goblin due to the Stoneform (+armor and removes bleeds and poisons).
    No bleeds and poisons seemed to be very useful against rogues, warriors, druids, plus the armor bonus would provide some extra damage reduction against melee.

I'd say goblin over tauren because of the rocket jump. Not sure if it will work in arenas, but it's a pretty clutch move. Plus you get 1% haste, which nobody can complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Izuria View Post
    I really recommend that you wait because as of current racials are very unbalanced and very likely to be changed.
    Wrong, Blizzard has done all the tweaking of racials they are going to do. They explicitly stated that they like racials as the are.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 02:35 AM ----------

OT: Goblin > Tauren- I could see tauren if you're restoration, but that's still iffy for me. It should be whatever you find more appealing for whatever reason.

being the size of your totems is gonna be a nice advantage imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    I doubt it

OT: gobo, they are the gnomes of the horde, and trying to click a gnome is so (Censoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrred) annoying
    Nameplates?

I'd also choose Goblin. Haste is always good, Rocktjump to escape, small burstdmg vs. .5 second stun and 5% moar basehealth?

Deleted
    For casters in pvp its pretty close.
    I would have to say tauren just has the edge, warstomp > Hex is still a fantastic combo

Deleted
    As already mentioned, the duration of war stomp is farily short; healing yourself in just half a second won't work. And if you plan to play as enhancement: war stomp resets your swing timer.

Casters, is a given...
    Warstomp is good, but the cast time on it makes it balanced.

Goblins get rocket jump, (very very usefull for elemental) and rocket gloves (very usefull for pve and situational pvp moments.)
    1% casting speed? yes please.

did i mention the size advantage over the goblins small stature.

replying to Pearroc's post above, now that we have casting while walking. Warstomp isnt as viable as it used to be.

hmm for a shaman in pvp?i would go with tauren. i mean the rocket boost isnt that significant it pushes you ahead maybe just enough to get behind someone whi is dircetly in melee range. all they need to do is turn around and they still can hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    hmm for a shaman in pvp?i would go with tauren. i mean the rocket boost isnt that significant it pushes you ahead maybe just enough to get behind someone whi is dircetly in melee range. all they need to do is turn around and they still can hit you.
    It's not as good as you think anymore. With the addition of Moving while casting, Warstomp has been negligble. Earthbind + rocket jump is all the getaway you need to get a cast or 2 off. More than warstomp, but w/o that .5 cast time that burdens the tauren racial. the extra 1% casting speed can also save you from gemming or reforging some pieces of gear to haste, and just get straight up intellect. Ergo, increasing your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesyrice View Post
    replying to Pearroc's post above, now that we have casting while walking. Warstomp isnt as viable as it used to be.
    On a 2 min CD. There are plenty of situations where Warstomp is viable still. It is still very good for getting distance and Warstomp -> Hex will still be decent CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Nameplates?
    To easy xD
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Izuria View Post
    Don't bet on in.

War Stomp is incredibly overrated. Our class is not balanced around any ability to stun, so having one doesn't necessarily play to our strengths, it just fills a gap (very poorly). As a recipient of War Stomp in dueling situations I can tell you that it's something you barely notice. It's a minor inconvenience. If you think a 2 second stun is going to let you escape a melee or provide a clutch Hex or something, you're probably not very good at PvP.

Edit: the only time War Stomp ever pays off, IMO, is when it's used as an extra spell interrupt. I have lost duels by getting stomped during a critical heal.

Then again, the only Goblin racial that is good is the jump/rocket, and the fact that they share the same cooldown limits their usefulness. However, if you intend on playing elemental, combining your ability to throw several spells in a very short period of time with a racial rocket and the 85 equivalent of the engineering rocket could be really lethal.

If you ever want to play enhancement - which is my specialty - Orc is the only choice, period. It is one of the very few class/race combinations in which 100% of the racials are useful. Bloodfury is actually twice as effective for Enhancement shamans since we benefit from both attack power and spell power and in fact, the former also buffs the latter, so we gain X attack power and Y + X*0.5 spell power from a single racial, and both help us. Axe speciality frees up some gem sockets for extra agility gems instead fo expertise gems, Command gives our wolves 5% extra damage, and stun duration reduction is useful in both PvE and PvP.