Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Goblin Turbo-Trike on players gone from Horde to Alliance

deathmagnus had the answer, no fix needed.

Quote Originally Posted by deathmagnus View Post
    They keep the buff of the trike when they faction change, BUT the spell changes to one of the other alliance mounts. I tried it on beta with the free faction changes.
    Saw some alliance-guy with a http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/62462/g...rbo-trike-key/ , so what should Blizzard do....

1. Just fix the bug and remove it from all alliance-players?
    2. Leave it be and have people doing 2 faction-changes if they want the mount as alliance.
    3. Give worgen a mount already?
    I know i vote nr 3.

edit; yes was riding the
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/87091/goblin-turbo-trike/ and was alliance, he wasn´t riding the damn key. /sigh
    Last edited by Evilution; 2010-12-01 at 02:58 AM.

Who cares? No really, why does it matter? Can't people find an actual issue to complain about?

If he's alliance he shouldn't be able to use the key anyways

4. create pointless threads about a moot issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    4. create pointless threads about a moot issue.
    Just find it odd Blizzard let such a bug slip, it´s not moot. you are moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    If he's alliance he shouldn't be able to use the key anyways
    he uses them, then faction changes so he has the mount learned

poll this!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    Who cares? No really, why does it matter? Can't people find an actual issue to complain about?
    This. This is a QQ post about worgen mounts cleverly disguised as a turbo trike question! Conspiracy! /tinfoilhat

On topic, they can keep the mounts if they faction change I believe (after they learned the mount). Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    Love it the Hordies say, "Who cares?" since they've all gotten what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
    Saw some alliance-guy with a http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/62462/g...rbo-trike-key/ , so what should Blizzard do....

2. Leave it be and have people doing 2 faction-changes if they want the mount as alliance.
    I know i vote nr 3.
    If you were to do #1, you'd have to pay back the people who faction changed for it. Else an outrage might ensue.

Unless, it was stated by blizzard before that it was a bug and was to be "fixed" and they did it after the official announcement. Likely, if they do "fix" it then they are simply going to let the people who have it keep it, and just not let anyone get it anymore similar to the ghost wolf that hunters could get a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

I know i vote nr 3.

edit; yes was riding the http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/87091/goblin-turbo-trike/ and was alliance, he wasn´t riding the damn key. /sigh
    Screenshot or it didnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    This. This is a QQ post about worgen mounts cleverly disguised as a turbo trike question!

On topic, they can keep the mounts if they faction change I believe (after they learned the mount). Who cares?
    Oh you silly Hordie. Of couse you'll say "Who cares?" to an Alliance player. You're a Hordie and Blizzard gives you what you want when you QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    poll this!
    hehe was gonna, but never did a poll before so i tabbed back to remember in what order i put them in the post, but it was too late. won´t make a double-post.

I'm sure I saw a horde priest on my server riding one of those alliance horses as soon as he faction changed to horde.When he dismounted he could never mount that again.
    Could there just be an issue with faction changing while mounted on that? Did you see him dismount and re-use the key?
    Not sure, just a thought.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKidding View Post
    Oh you silly Hordie. Of couse you'll say "Who cares?" to an Alliance player. You're a Hordie and Blizzard gives you what you want when you QQ.
    Oh, you silly Alliance. I had my 100 mounts before the trikes were introduced, so MEH! I know it's doable without them.

They keep the buff of the trike when they faction change, BUT the spell changes to one of the other alliance mounts. I tried it on beta with the free faction changes.

Deleted
    Waste of cash obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is no counter mount to it. So I don't know if blizzard over looked this or not. But They should know whats going on so people can see if it will be taken away or not. After all, its supposed to be a horde only mount. So blizz may just take it away from alliance all together, but that will also ruin a mount count.

But this would be one way for alliance to have a chance at a new mount if they decide to keep it or make a mount for automatic switches to alliance from horde.

Perhaps its intended for all those mount collectors who went ally for the extra mount, now the extremes will pay to transfer back and forth for it? Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    It's a fairly obvious violation of the spirit of faction change, where you are supposed to lose ALL of your faction paraphernalia, and acquire corresponding opposing faction's paraphernalia instead.

In this case, there is nothing that corresponds, so it should be obviously removed. This really isn't a hard logic chain to go through in about 10 seconds it takes you to start typing a reply to the thread.